March 2016 Moms
Options

Are you getting the recommended flu shot?

AAOReillyAAOReilly member
edited September 2015 in March 2016 Moms
Recently I went in to the dr's for a routine checkup. My doctor informed me that at my 19week scan they will be offering flu shots to all prego women, and they highly recommend it. We're all going to be prego through flu season. I'm not someone who gets the flu shot. Where do you stand?

Are you getting the recommended flu shot? 91 votes

Hooray Shot!
70% 64 votes
No thanks!
29% 27 votes

Re: Are you getting the recommended flu shot?

• Options

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, at my 12 week I asked if I had to get it. I've been against it and never have had one but she was pretty adamant. She said we would do it at the 16 week. I'm worried to get it and not get it, but overall think I'll trust the doc on this.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I work in a school and get the flu shot every year. Never had any issues with it and never gotten the flu since I became a teacher. I just got mine today at my school's free clinic.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    i dont think I'm going to, but i dont know.. I'm definitely going to talk to my doctor about it. I've never gotten the flu shot & i haven't had any issues. i very, very rarely get anything worse than a minor cold so i dont see much of a point. but if the doctor is very adamant about it because I'm pregnant, then maybe..
  • Options
    I'm not going to only because I have a confirmed allergy the influenza vaccine and get severely sick when I've had it in the past. If I could I definitely would though, especially considering that I work in health care.
  • Options
    I never get the shot when I'm not pregnant, but the flu is more dangerous to me and the baby if perchance I get it while pregnant, so I'll get the shot this year. Also, DD is in school for the first time this year, so I have a feeling we'll be exposed to a lot more germs. 
    Married 7.29.05 :: DD1 5.11.10 :: DD2 1.23.13 :: Baby Boy due 3.13.16!

March 2016 January Siggy: Pregnant Lady Problems
  • Options
    Undecided

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Options
    I got one at 11 weeks. I normally only get them when pregnant. For small kids/babies I always recommend it and feel that if you can do it while pregnant you should.
  • Options
    Yep. Hubby and son are getting it, too. I always get it at my son's pediatrician appointment, I think he likes watching me get stuck before he does. LOL
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Its kinda a "meh" decision for me. I get the flu every year wether or not I get the flu shot, though years I do get it the flu is shorter. I'm like my father and also tend to get sick for a bit after a vaccine but we still tend to get them. My doctor hasn't mentioned getting the flu shot but I'm not opposed to it. It's not something I think about and unless my doctor offers it I probably won't remember to get one.
    DD: Beatrix Louise aka BeeBop. April 2 2016. H.I.E Warrior <3
  • Options
    I never got the flu shot before, because I'm lazy, but I will get it this time. To me, there's no real reason not to.

I get a cold every winter, but I never get the flu, so missing them before hasn't bothered me--but I'd rather not be super sick and super pregnant if this IS the year I'm exposed.