March 2016 Moms
Options

Possible blood clot

I ended up in ER tonight because I was having difficulty breathing and was really dizzy, they rushed me right in and started blood work. That came back elevated risk for a blood clot and also some other infection. She said pregnancy can sometimes cause blood work to show elevated risk, but they wouldn't do a CT scan because of radiation risk to baby. They tested my urine also which came back positive for UTI. My blood pressure was 198/98 and it took them forever to find the heartbeat, like 10 minutes with 2 different nurses. They finally found it, but jeez. Long story short they sent me home with a prescription for an antibiotic that I can't even fill until tomorrow because there's no pharmacies open right now. They told me to come back if my symptoms worsen. I feel completely stressed out that they sent me home, I'm probably overreacting but I'm all freaked out now because they mentioned blood clot. I'm going to call my Dr tomorrow morning and see what she says. Btw I'm 16+4 weeks. Anyone have any experience with this?

Re: Possible blood clot

• Options
    My husband threw a clot a few years ago and they have him take 1 baby aspirin per day (not sure if that's okay for baby) and wear support stockings to prevent another one. Maybe these are precautions you can take to put your mind at ease.
  • Options
    katy0990 said:
    My husband threw a clot a few years ago and they have him take 1 baby aspirin per day (not sure if that's okay for baby) and wear support stockings to prevent another one. Maybe these are precautions you can take to put your mind at ease.
    I take 75mg aspirin/day prescribed by my OB... so it is safe but I would talk to a doc before just doing it
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes def talk to your dr first before starting an aspirin regimin (or even doing compression stockings if you currently have clots). I had to take B-ASA with my first baby near the end. Honestly, I'm really surprised they sent you home too, if hey we're considering this diagnosis and didn't rule it out. There are other imaging scans they can run that are ok for the baby (like MRI and ultrasound - idk that MRI could show a clot, but u/s could). Glad you'll be able to get some answers from your OB today. Please keep us posted!

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Options
    Scary! I hope everything is okay!
    *TTC since July 2010
    *BFP #1- 11/12/12, m/c 11/16/12 @ 6 weeks
    *BFP #2- 1/23/13 EDD 10/4/13  

*Emma Rose: 10/8/13

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

March '16 December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie/Quote
  • Options
    My midwife says to just take my antibiotics and if I'm not better in a couple days she wants to see me. I do have an appointment next Monday too for my normal prenatal. I feel slightly better today as far as getting enough oxygen, I just started keflex this morning so hoping that'll kick in soon, but I'm definitely going to be asking about possibly taking baby aspirin at my Monday appointment, thanks for the feedback :)
  • Options
    Try not to freak. Your elevated BP can cause you to be dizzy and SOB especially if it's normally in a lower range... Hope u are better ;)
  • Options
    Scary! Feel better!