2nd Trimester
Options

Nicknames for a junior

If it's a boy, it'll be Daniel...same as my DH.  I'm generally not a big fan of nicknames, but I feel one might be inevitable.  What are some cute nicknames for juniors, other than initials?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Nicknames for a junior

• Options

You could just call him Dan or Danny. Or maybe go by his middle name?

• Options

"little" ... or go by his middle name, instead.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Middle name is George (after DH's grandfather).  Not really an option.
  • Options
    imagejenerally:

"little" ... or go by his middle name, instead.

Speaking of this...a lady I work with named her son after her husband so she has a "Big Peter" and a "Little Peter"...

I don't think she thought that one through much but if you can get past the sexual implications, it worked for her family and she still uses those names even today.

• Options
    Haha....little Peter. 
  • Options

can you name him George Daniel instead?

I have a friend who's son's name is Steven Patrick (after his father) but they call him Patrick ... but in school, each year, his teacher always calls him Steven or Steve, NOT Patrick. She says it is soooo annoying and she regrets not naming him Patrick Steven (but instead giving in to IL and DH pressure).

• Options
    My BIL goes by Dan now. When he was little it was Danny. D.J. could be cute though.
  • Options

I second the D.J. idea.  My DH is a junior.  His dad is Ken and DH has gone by Kenny his whole life.  He now really regrets not using K.J. as a child because "Kenny" really is a child's name and since EVERYONE knows him by that now, it's really hard for him to get others to call him anything else. 

Oh- and I go by my middle name and it is a pain in the arse...the pp who said teachers always get it wrong on the first day of school is absolutely right.  For an adult, it can be awkward to have to correct people when they get your name wrong; for a child (especially a shy one), it's downright painful.  

Just my two cents!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I like the DJ idea, that's really cute. Whatever you decide to do, as a teacher I have a reccomendation. If your child goes by something other than the full name or an obvious nickname, put the preferred name in parenthesis like Daniel George "DJ". It makes things so much easier. I have a student named Mary Katherine. Mom registered her as Mary Katherine "Katie" . I automatically new what to call her.
  • Options

In my family we don't have any juniors, but we do have nicknames... they are sometimes variations on our actual names, but sometimes not related at all. Eg. Christine is Cookie, Alexander is Roo, John is Stan, Michelle is Shelly, etc.

Nicknames pop up on their own so don't worry about having to find one. When he's little he may just be peanut:)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"