May 2016 Moms
Options

Food cooked with alcohol

I feel dumb even posting this but I'm so paranoid.  H made a fabulous lasagna for supper tonight and I had a huge plateful.  When I was nearly done I asked what all was in it and he used 2/3 cup of wine, among other yummy stuff.  I've googled to hell and back about alcohol that's left in food after cooking and it's so minimal with baking - 5% after 2+ hours - so I'm sure it's fine.  He baked it for a good 2.5 hours.  But part of me is panicked that at just over six weeks, I've done something to affect brain or spinal development.  OMG this pregnancy is making me nutters.  Tell me I'm being a psycho.  And no more lasagna for me. 

Re: Food cooked with alcohol

• Options
    Even if the alcohol didn't all cook off (which it did), it would still not be enough wine to be a problem.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Options
    You're totally fine. Eat all the lasagna, seriously.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Eh, I had 1.5 hard Apple ciders last weekend before I knew I was preggers. Oops!
    Baby #2 EDD: May 13th!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Heck, cooking with wine is how I'm getting rid of all the leftover alcohol in the house. Eat the lasagna. 2/3 cup of wine in a whole lasagna with most of it cooking out? Totally fine.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    My midwife officially and my ob (unofficially) suggest I drink to control my irritable uterus and prevent stress contractions during my last pregnancy. Even if it didn't cook out it is just fine.
    Married to my dream husband
    Mom to 2 year old BG twins (Incompetant cervix, cerclage, and LOTS of bed rest)
    Pregnant with our next!
  • Options
    MrsCaseyK said:
    My midwife officially and my ob (unofficially) suggest I drink to control my irritable uterus and prevent stress contractions during my last pregnancy. Even if it didn't cook out it is just fine.
    It's later in pregnancy when that would be happening, and later in pregnancy is when many professionals agree a little alcohol is not unsafe. This early, no amount is proven safe. While in this case we're talking about a negligible amount of alcohol that more than likely all cooked out, I don't think a blanket recommendation of drinking alcohol in general this early is good advice...
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers