May 2016 Moms
Options

GTKY: What's up for Labor Day weekend?

Anyone have any good plans? :)

image        image

Re: GTKY: What's up for Labor Day weekend?

• Options
    I have a couple of dinners planned but I am hoping to have a mostly restful weekend! :)
    *Married 7/29/11
    BFP 10/2/13, EDD 6/3/14
    Gave birth to my beautiful son, Owen Robert on 6/4/14!
    BFP #2 8/28/15, EDD 5/5/16

• Options
    We're going to the Red Sox game on Saturday and bringing DS. Here's hoping it's not a billion degrees, I usually wear him in a wrap and that gets soooo uncomfortable when it's super hot!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm starting the weekend today. Going to the Royals game tonight and trying to relax most of the weekend, except Saturday. We are celebrating out 5 year anniversary and having family over for a cookout.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    mcvgal said:
    I'm starting the weekend today. Going to the Royals game tonight and trying to relax most of the weekend, except Saturday. We are celebrating out 5 year anniversary and having family over for a cookout.

Mcvgal, are you in the KC area? I'm in Mid-MO

We don't have any plans, we will likely have a BBQ with my folks.

• Options
    Bluejay3030Bluejay3030 member
    edited September 2015
    We're meeting up with our best friends for a theme park weekend with the kiddos. I guess I'll be the one watching the kids and holding the bags while everyone else goes on the fun rides B-)

Edited for spelling
  • Options

@DoubleElle84, yes I am in the KC area. Nice to have someone else from MO

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    @kmalls - I take it you are somewhere in the greater Boston area?  I'm a Boston girl myself :)

image        image

• Options

We have a busy weekend. 

Saturday, we are going to take DS and go for a ride down to the RI/CT coast and hit up a beach and Mystic, CT. 

Sunday we will probably do the beach again, and maybe grill.

Monday we are taking another day trip up to the White Mountains to do some swimming/light hiking with my parents, sister, BIL and brother.  It should be a fun family day.  I am also hoping we sneak into the outlets!

image        image

• Options
    Saturday, hubs and I are going to the first Hawkeye home game and perhaps telling my folks the big news. Not sure if I can wait until after my appointment on the 24th, which is what I was originally thinking... Sunday, we are headed up to my in-laws' place, which is about half an hour away. Monday, no plans. Just relaxing, I suppose. Hope all of you ladies have a great weekend!
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @lest12 your weekend sounds amaaaaaazing.
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @lest12 - yep! Suburb west of Boston.

Your weekend sounds like perfection! We went to a wedding in Mystic a few summers ago and fell in love with it. Also, we did our babymoon last year in the White Mountains just before Christmas and we'll for sure be going back again this year. Have a great time!
  • Options

@kmalls - Thanks!  I'm excited.  Both places are so nice! 

I do love the White Mountains in the winter.  So beautiful!

image        image

• Options
    Low key weekend. Going to Babies R Us to buy a baby shower gift and told my DD she can check out the baby stuff for her new sibling. Then a 1st bday party on Sunday with friends and family. Nothing else planned. Want to relax and work out too. 
  • Options
    We're going to visit my parents and spill the news! I can't wait to see the expression on their faces!
  • Options
    I'm planning on getting lots of rest...or as much as I can with a 3 year old! I'm excited about sleeping haha.
  • Options
    My family is coming to visit for the first time! I can't wait to show them around our little beach town. I plan on telling them I'm pregnant on Saturday morning. Hopefully they will be happy! Since we just moved away, I could see my mom and sister being sad that they won't get to be here for everything, like they were with my 1st. 

....and I want to take lots of naps this weekend........

Happy Labor Day, mamas! 
    Me: 32 DH: 35
    Married 12/7/07
    DD: Born 1/2/14 
    Baby #2 EDD 5/6/16

• Options
    :)  I'm getting my haircut early Saturday morning then meeting friend for brunch at a fab restaurant.  Saturday evening H and I are going downtown Austin to watch the Gators game (he's a FL Gator).  chomp chomp.  Sunday we're going hiking and to the mall.  Monday I think we're grilling out.  :D
  • Options
    Just realized I have a 4 day weekend!
    Tomorrow is my day all to myself. I brought home a little work, but I am bringing my son to daycare and mostly relaxing. Saturday we are celebrating my sister's 25th birthday with a cookout. Sunday is another cookout at my brother-in-law's with ALL the cousins. I am nervous about declining alcohol because we are big craft beer and wine fans (MH works for a very big alcohol distributor). Oh well. Then relaxing with my boys on Monday, doing house projects etc.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    :)  I'm getting my haircut early Saturday morning then meeting friend for brunch at a fab restaurant.  Saturday evening H and I are going downtown Austin to watch the Gators game (he's a FL Gator).  chomp chomp.  Sunday we're going hiking and to the mall.  Monday I think we're grilling out.  :D

I love a good brunch!
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16