3rd Trimester

All packed and now not moving

My husband and I have been looking for a house for almost two years. Our daughter has special needs so we had specific requirements to accommodate her needs. We live in a small 2 bedroom house currently and our son and daughter are already sharing a room. This baby girl is due Nov 6...
All toys and clothes are packed up in boxes which are stacked in every corner of the house. We were set to close on a new 6 bedroom house on Oct 2 and yesterday the deal fell through!!!!!
I now have no direction as to what to do. I was planning to buy all new everything once we moved in for the nursery and set everything up. I am trying to stay positive but I seriously just keep crying.

Re: All packed and now not moving

• My husband and I have been looking for a house for almost two years. Our daughter has special needs so we had specific requirements to accommodate her needs. We live in a small 2 bedroom house currently and our son and daughter are already sharing a room. This baby girl is due Nov 6...
    All toys and clothes are packed up in boxes which are stacked in every corner of the house. We were set to close on a new 6 bedroom house on Oct 2 and yesterday the deal fell through!!!!!
    I now have no direction as to what to do. I was planning to buy all new everything once we moved in for the nursery and set everything up. I am trying to stay positive but I seriously just keep crying.

That's really unfortunate, but things happen for a reason! Maybe there's an even better house waiting to be found, that'll be perfect for you and your family! Good luck!!
  • Thank u for the encouraging words!
  • Loading the player...
  • You still have time. We were renovating a house while I was pregnant and we found out two weeks before we were supposed to move that they had to push back the completion date by a month. And we had to leave our old place in two weeks bc we had renters moving in. So we were essentially homeless for 3 weeks when I was 6 months pregnant. It was horrible. Even when we did move in we couldn't access the master bedroom or kitchen for almost two weeks.

A friend who is basically a saint took in dh and I and our two cats for 3 weeks. It was annoying but we got through it. It's not September yet, you still have time to find and close on a house before November if you go back to actively looking. Good luck!
  • That does make me feel better to hear your story. Thank u. My hormones are red playing a role in this emotions response too because I'm not the crying type ever lol.
  • Similar thing happened to us, except we are renting a house from my in laws that they own. Old renters moved out August 15, and the house is trashed. We are currently stripping it down to the studs. Going to cost about $30,000 to fix. Very stressful as baby is due November 4! Hang in there girl. You're not alone! Everything will work out.
  • My husband and I have been looking for a house for almost two years. Our daughter has special needs so we had specific requirements to accommodate her needs. We live in a small 2 bedroom house currently and our son and daughter are already sharing a room. This baby girl is due Nov 6... All toys and clothes are packed up in boxes which are stacked in every corner of the house. We were set to close on a new 6 bedroom house on Oct 2 and yesterday the deal fell through!!!!! I now have no direction as to what to do. I was planning to buy all new everything once we moved in for the nursery and set everything up. I am trying to stay positive but I seriously just keep crying.
    awe I'm sorry, hun. That sounds really really rough. Is there another property ya'll can put a bid in on?

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Thanks ladies!