1st Trimester
Options

Think im further on than doctor says!!

So the doctor thinks im only 10 weeks pregnant but ive felt the baby kicken and i look about 4 months..still have morning sickness and still so tired had an internal scan a few weeks ago an measured jus 6 weeks but still feel like im further on any sugestions??

Re: Think im further on than doctor says!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is my 3rd baby i no what a babys kick feels like and my period was june 6th lasted 1 day and was very light the one before was the start of may..im jus soo confused ryt now.i bought a fetal heart monitor which says u cant use until 12 weeks but i can here babys heart up near my belly button.. :-/
  • Options
    And i got my positive pregnancy test on the 5 of july which was a bright blue cross which came up more or less str8 away.
  • Options
    Ok i didn expect to be an idiot off...i had a scan which says i was 6 weeks then 2 weeks later i had a scan which said i was 9 so this week makes me 10 weeks yesterday i dont understand how it can jus jump a few weeks if the ultrasounds are supposed to so accurate.. both my children were small fr age wen born also were both only measuring 4lbs around 39 weeks and was induced with both incase of a risk to them n when they were born they were both over 6 lbs..so how can u all say ultrasounds are 100% accurate..
  • Options

How could the doctor be wrong by 6 weeks if he used an ultrasound? There's a huge difference on ultrasound between a 6 week baby and a 12 week baby.

I didn say i was 12 weeks..
  • Options
    If you don't trust your doctor I would seek a second opinion. I thought I was further along at my first appointment too but it turns out I wasn't. While they don't usually skip weeks early scans can and do measure a few days early and late a lot. Dating ultrasounds are generally pretty accurate. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Okay I'm confused maybe it's just the way you are writing it,

You are saying you had an U/S at 6wks and 2wks later your baby was measuring 9wks at a separate U/S so you were measuring a week ahead of what you thought you were?  Is that what you are asking?  Maybe try and rephrase your question.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    Yea thats exactly what im sayn..i also felt the baby kick today jus a tiny bit below my belly button and have felt it a few times now layn down..i have another scan on the 11th thats my actual dating scan..i had the other 2 because was admitted to hos with hg..
  • Options
    Just curious? How far along are you thinking you might be and whats HG? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, I go to doctors because I trust they know what's up better than I do. You may want to get a different doctor if you can't value this one's experience and expertise.
  • Options
    annieb28 said:

How could the doctor be wrong by 6 weeks if he used an ultrasound? There's a huge difference on ultrasound between a 6 week baby and a 12 week baby.

I didn say i was 12 weeks..

Perhaps you could try to be more clear.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    U know i actually didn realise so many people can be so nasty..i only wanted a little bit of support..this is my 1st time on this site and i thought i give it a try to see what advice i could get i didn come on here to be belittled by anyone..esp people who dont know a thing a bout me..i think if people found the time to take a little interest in other people things would be so much different.. im sorry for all u people who are being nasty u must have little to do also my sister was in the same position i am 4 years ago and ended up being 16 weeks wen doctor was tellin her she was 9.. so i quess ultrasounds can be rong..
  • Options
    And that diagram u sent was a total waste o ur time and energy as every womans body is different...i also no what i felt and using my doppler machine i no what i heard i would see thru it if this was my 1st baby and i didn have a clue what i was on about but this is my 3rd baby..so pls people stop makin me out to be an idiot..
  • Options
    I dont apreciate being called a rando..will find out for definate in a few weeks..
  • Options
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Options
    I only asked once i didnt keep asking and i dont see how my abnormalties are anyone elses busniess..
  • Options
    Thank you
  • Options
    Thanks and i do apreciate everyones advice all im saying or trying to say is how do you all know what ive felt or haven felt or heard..theres probably alot more backround to what i posted and yes msybe i should have said it all..but i just said the things i thought would help me with my issue or at least someone maybe thats going through or that has gone through the samd thing to talk to ..im sorry for gettimg a little defensive but i dont apreciate people making me out to be stupid.. :-??
  • Options
    One poster called me a rando..thats not a very nice thing to call someone really is it?? #:-S