1st Trimester

Think im further on than doctor says!!

Re: Think im further on than doctor says!!

• Where i come from it means random..and if thats what your geting at im hardly a random person on a pregnancy forum when im pregnant..
  • Loading the player...
  • annieb28 said:

Where i come from it means random..and if thats what your geting at im hardly a random person on a pregnancy forum when im pregnant..

Maybe they meant random as in, you've never posted or been apart of any thread and then you post this question that honestly, we couldn't really understand.
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • OP, I hope you get answers in the next fewweeks7.
    Have a H&H 9 months.
  • This was my discussion.but yea ok if that makes me a rando in ur eyes so be it..n where i come from its a big insult
  • No one insulted you.

If you are more knowledgeable than your doctor then congratulations! Who knew 10+ years of schooling could be such a waste!
  • Hey everyone
  • To OP, I felt the tension.
  • Have you measured the fundal height? Place a measuring tape on ur pubic bone and feel for the top of ur uterus. I'll be honest and say this is my 5 th pregnancy and know that midwives do this in the later stages to see that baby is measuring up ok.
    We all go through the 9 months give or take, it's nice to plot where you are especially if you have older siblings who are interested in babies development . But really so long as scans are healthy and showing a lovely lil babe what does it matter, it's still early days, enjoy being pregnant and try not to stress over details. You can feel babies movements earlier the more pregnancies you have, I normally find it feels a little like butterflies or tiny popping bubbles. Your uterus may also stretch much easier and quicker . 2 nd or 3 rd time mums will tell you there belly pops out as everything already stretched before.
    How are you feeling? Do you still have first trimester tiredness, sickly ness ? Drs do sometimes get things wrong, I told my dr my son was diabetic, he did not believe me or my mummy intuition. Sure enough he was and my dr apologised .
    Get a second opinion lovely.
    Don't stress and enjoy being pregnant ;)
  • OP- I can understand where you're coming from thinking you maybe farther along. Things didn't make sense! Doc said I got pregnant around the 14th of April even though I never ovulated during the month of April but I did get my period at the end of March. I had been tracking my cycle and running ovulation tests for months (and had used them previous years as well). So I thought I HAD to have gotten pregnant in March seeing as how DH and I had only done the deed a week before I was told I ovulated (based on LMP).

But with ultrasounds and blood work and how my symptoms matched my pregnancy with DD, the doc ended up being correct with approximately how far along I was. (I must have missed something, SOMEWHERE, and ovulated early... or DH has some VERY healthy, long lasting swimmers. haha!)

As PP's have mentioned, if deep in your gut you REALLY don't believe the doctor telling you about how far along you are, I do recommend seeing someone else, as well.

Either way, good luck to you and I hope you get some solid answers from a Dr. you're comfortable working with!
  • I have a suggestion, it's called listen to your Dr and stop assuming your further along !
  • Grace213 said:
    OP- I can understand where you're coming from thinking you maybe farther along. Things didn't make sense! Doc said I got pregnant around the 14th of April even though I never ovulated during the month of April but I did get my period at the end of March. I had been tracking my cycle and running ovulation tests for months (and had used them previous years as well). So I thought I HAD to have gotten pregnant in March seeing as how DH and I had only done the deed a week before I was told I ovulated (based on LMP).

But with ultrasounds and blood work and how my symptoms matched my pregnancy with DD, the doc ended up being correct with approximately how far along I was. (I must have missed something, SOMEWHERE, and ovulated early... or DH has some VERY healthy, long lasting swimmers. haha!)

As PP's have mentioned, if deep in your gut you REALLY don't believe the doctor telling you about how far along you are, I do recommend seeing someone else, as well.

Either way, good luck to you and I hope you get some solid answers from a Dr. you're comfortable working with!
    Unless you were temping you cannot know when you ovulated. OPKs only measure surge of LH, not actual ovulation. You can have positive OPKs and not ovulate and have positive OPKs multiple times in a cycle. Sperm can live inside of you for a few days as well, so that may account for your timing.

• Wow
    Married for 4 years. TTC for 3.
    Me: 38 DH: 39
    DX: Unexplained Infertility; found a few fibroids this time around during SIS

March 2012: Clomid for 3 cycles  3 BFNs
    Sept. 2013: started injectables (Follistim, Ovidrel Trigger) IUI BFN

May 2015: New RE. Going IVF. Tests, Tests, Tests 
    July 2015: Microdose Lupron 20u am & pm, Follistim 150iu 75iu am, Menapur 150iu 75iu pm
    Triggered 8/4 ER 8/6 ET 8/11 2 beautiful blastocysts; 2WW
    8/19 hpt BFP! Beta 8/25: 482
    2nd Beta 9/1......3707
    U/S 9/21: 1 beautiful little gummy bear

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have a suggestion, it's called listen to your Dr and stop assuming your further along !

I would listen to my doctor if id faith in my doctors after years of telling my doctors things and them not believing me when in actual fact i was right all along. You know nothing about me or my expeirence with doctors so why would u even make a comment like that?? If u would have read every post i wrote u would no that!!
  • annieb28 said:

U know i actually didn realise so many people can be so nasty..i only wanted a little bit of support..this is my 1st time on this site and i thought i give it a try to see what advice i could get i didn come on here to be belittled by anyone..esp people who dont know a thing a bout me..i think if people found the time to take a little interest in other people things would be so much different.. im sorry for all u people who are being nasty u must have little to do also my sister was in the same position i am 4 years ago and ended up being 16 weeks wen doctor was tellin her she was 9.. so i quess ultrasounds can be rong..

Your lack of correct grammar and teenager texting method makes it impossible to figure out what you mean.
    Your lack of being able to read properly makes it hard to even comment on this.
  • Considering this site is about pregnancy not grammer i dont think i need to deal with your comments..
  • And if u had of been reading my coments about pregnancy and not studying my grammer u would know that ive already said thanks for the advice
  • Deeny14 said:

*grammar. Spelling counts, too.

I love you
  • Wut??? That is supposed to mean what exactly?? And people question my grammer =D>
  • I never said i was right if people werent so darn rude then maybe i would take there advice and stop geting defensive but when people start to insult me then what do u expect me to do??
  • I love you @PrimRoseMama
    I love you too!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• meansallisonmeansallison member
    edited August 2015

annieb28 said:

I never said i was right if people werent so darn rude then maybe i would take there advice and stop geting defensive but when people start to insult me then what do u expect me to do??

Wait, where did anyone insult you? The way you are communicating matters. The way you are choosing to communicate (text speak and defensive word choice) is causing us to draw the conclusion that you are not very well educated. You are maintaining information that doesn't make sense and makes you appear to seem ignorant about how pregnancy dating works. This is what we are working with and its not really our fault if you are unable to communicate in a more intelligible way.

I don't expect you to throw an internet  hissy-fit. I expect you to clarify and MAYBE take some advice to heart. Regardless of the delivery, the information is still accurate and useful to you.

=D> yes to all of this!