June 2015 Moms

Pregnant again?

2»

Re: Pregnant again?

• I go back and forth on this as well.. LO was a surprise, we had 8 months to prepare for her and are doing okay now, but we weren't emotionally or financially ready for her when we found out she was coming. Being a twin I ALWAYS said I wanted my kids to be as close together as possible so they could grow up together like I did with my sister, but now I'm thinking they will probably be five years or so apart if we have another. I don't think it would be responsible of us to try again sooner. It breaks my heart a little, but also thinking back to the competitive teen years with my sister I guess a bigger age gap wouldn't be the worst thing :) I also am open to adoption down the line potentially of an older child. Honestly have pretty much no idea what my family will end up looking like in 10 years!
  • Loading the player...
  • LaurenAnn0405LaurenAnn0405 member
    edited August 2015
    I always liked the idea of 4 kids and DH wanted 2 so I think we're agreeing on 3. DD was a surprise for us but after she was born I definitely started watching my BC to make sure it didn't happen again until we were ready. With LO we weren't trying but we weren't preventing it either, figuring if something didn't happen within a year or so we'd actively start trying. I always said I didn't want 2 in diapers at the same time so having them 3.5 years apart worked out well for us (plus only having them both in college at the same time for a year will be easier too!). I think we'll starting trying again whenever LO is around 3. That would make me 32 which would be good. I'm definitely glad that I waited for the second one so that I got to experience all of DDs "firsts" when it was just her so I know I'll wait again so that I can experience all of LOs firsts without having a newborn to take care of. ETA: just discussed this with DH earlier and he was talking about having 4 or more kids, but whenever LO acts up he says we're done haha. I know we'll have more but I don't know about 4 kids anymore!
  • DS was our third and final. All our kids are about 2.5 years apart which has been a good spacing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • One and done...baby girl is 9 weeks old and tubes are already tied lol.
    I have a 4 year old step son and our baby girl so we are happy with our 2 :)
  • klkonwi said:

I want another but pregnancy was so horrible. We will have another but it might take me 3-4 years to consider it.
    We always said we would have 3 but now having one..... Meh 2 is good!

My situation exactly. I'm scared to be pregnant again, but am willing to go through it one more time to give LO a sibling. Always wanted three, but I highly doubt that will happen. So jealous of women who can breeze through pregnancy!
  • I'm supposed to have my tubal this month and I'm really struggling with it. Pregnancy is so hard on my body and my kidneys barely held up this time. That's the only thing keeping me from canceling the surgery. I've had severe anxiety about this and I'm still not sure I'll do it. I have two and DH has five but, two are grown and moved out and the others are all teenagers. Eight kids isn't so crazy right?!?! DH comments on how he would have five more and those comments give me false hope. Its definitely an internal battle for me right now.
  • I had to take a pregnancy test the other day (11 weeks pp). Holy crap. At first I was thinking having babies super close wouldn't be bad but then I started imagining how much those babies would cost. I think I about died just thinking about it! Thank goodness it was negative. Just another reminder to take my pill and wait a few years!
  • @janit368 total nightmare. Glad I'm not her.

Hubby and I always said we wanted four. Now I'm okay with two or three. This is our first and the first couple of weeks I think I said out loud on many occasions- "people actually. Goose to do this more than once". Feel guilty about it now but I was sleep deprived so no judgment! We agreed to try again next summer when baby is a year old so we will see!
  • janit368 said:

My Chiro said a woman who had a baby after me (5/31) just found out she is 8 weeks pregnant with #6. Let that sink in for a moment

I just cried
  • Anyone taking the mini pill not exclusively bfding? I started supplementing LO and am nervous .. But I can't take estrogen so I guess I have to have faith I'm protected .. But yikes
  • hoodoll82 said:

Yeah the thread title gave me a mini heart attack! I was like "oh, poor poster!"

I am not interested in having a newborn again... And not sleeping. But we did discuss not having an only child, so it was either zero kids or more than one, in our minds. I'm 33 and DH is 35 and he's panicking about being an old dad... So maybe in another 2 years? I'm also not against adopting.

This!!! I'm 32 and DH 36 and he also panics about being an older dad. However he is so happy he is sleeping more now that baby is almost 3 months old he is not sure if he wants to do this again so soon. We got lazy in using condoms a few times this month so crossing my fingers I'm not pregnant!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• @HayesRN13 my doctor told me as soon as I am done breastfeeding to call her for different birth control because the minipill only works in combination with breastfeeding.
  • Ooooooo, I can't wait to see who gets pregnant first ;)

Me too! I just checked this thread to see ;)
  • asuran said:

@HayesRN13 my doctor told me as soon as I am done breastfeeding to call her for different birth control because the minipill only works in combination with breastfeeding.

That's not true.

• Whelp, guess that's why it's #6 for her?
  • HayesRN13HayesRN13 member
    edited September 2015
    jesshrou said:

asuran said:

@HayesRN13 my doctor told me as soon as I am done breastfeeding to call her for different birth control because the minipill only works in combination with breastfeeding.

That's not true.

It is actually "true"... If not breastfeeding it's not AS effective and your OB will switch you to something else... It really is designed for and most effective for breastfeeding women .. My point was I'm supplementing a bit now so not EXCLUSIVE bfing so of course I'm worried that will up my chances of getting Prego ... Just paranoid lol