June 2015 Moms
Options

Looking Forward and Back

addingonaddingon member
edited August 2015 in June 2015 Moms
This mom business is hard work! I was thinking earlier about how there are certain phases or things that I look forward to being done with when it comes to raising LO - even though I don't want to wish the time away. But, there are also certain things I can't wait to experience with LO!

So my questions are:

1. What part of raising LO are you looking forward to putting behind you?

2. What are you most looking forward to in their future?

I think mine are:

1. Bottles - I am a slave to the sink and bottle making station. I won't miss that!

2. Talking - I just can't wait to hear what's on LO's mind. Even if it's a tough subject, I want to know so I can try to help her understand...but mostly because I think she'll be a hoot!

Re: Looking Forward and Back

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd want to freeze time if it wasn't for the feeding mess due to ties. I don't think I'll miss pumping after nursing at all!! Then again making it through this will probably end up being one of my major accomplishments.

I can't wait to show him the world!!!
  • Options

One tiny thing I'm looking forward to: no more stinky cheese neck.

Agreed.. Although in a way I love stinky cheese neck (weird huh).. He gets a bath every night but I hate pulling his chins up and back trying to clean it.. Poor fellow
  • Options

I made a gmail account for LO today and started sending emails, namely her birth story and some early day stories. I feel like time and the distinct memories are going to slip away so quickly that I want a place to put my letters to her. I also include pictures since who knows what sort of technology they'll have when she reads these in 15 years. Of course I sob as I write the emails...

That's a really good idea. I might have to do the same. Thanks for sharing!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I made a gmail account for LO today and started sending emails, namely her birth story and some early day stories. I feel like time and the distinct memories are going to slip away so quickly that I want a place to put my letters to her. I also include pictures since who knows what sort of technology they'll have when she reads these in 15 years. Of course I sob as I write the emails...

I love this idea! Someone suggested that I start a blog but I don't love the idea of strangers looking at it!
  • Options
    @dancegurl1118 how did you get around the age requirement? Just pick a different year with the birthdate?
  • Options
    hoodoll82 said:

@dancegurl1118 how did you get around the age requirement? Just pick a different year with the birthdate?

I just made one and I used my birthday - hoping I can change it for her down the road but if not, oh well!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @hoodoll82 I just used my birthday. I also figured it would be good to reserve an email address for her now as opposed to 10-15 years down the road. We have an incredibly common last name world wide and I didn't want her to be LOlastname928473828
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.