Baby Names
Options

So indecisive....

mommapamelamommapamela member
edited August 2015 in Baby Names
Ugh... I just cannot decide on a boy name for our baby who is due in a couple of weeks! I keep changing my mind or second guessing myself. It's driving me crazy!

The only good news is that I *think* we have narrowed it down to our top three names. Which would you choose?

So indecisive.... 117 votes

William
20% 24 votes
James
38% 45 votes
Isaac
41% 48 votes

Re: So indecisive....

• Options
    Personally, I love all your names. I prefer timeless names for boys as well. I would go for Isaac because it's the most underutilized and won't be seen as much as James and William. You really can't go wrong with any of them though. Best wishes :) 
  • Options
    I voted for James for a similar reason. I have seen quite a few Williams lately but you have a nice list there.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love them all, but voted for Isaac. That name is on our short list too!
  • Options
    I voted for Isaac since it's my son's name. FWIW I wasn't sure I loved the name at first. My DH convinced me and I really like it now. I did want a biblical name, so that helped me agree to it. I've yet to run into another Isaac in our play groups and toddler classes, but it's not too unusual or crazy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    All classic and great, but James is getting tired for me and William is just a little uninspired for me. Isaac is a terrific biblical name and has a classic feel without being boring. Go with Isaac!
    LFAF September Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails

• Options
    Isaac. Not super common but completely recognizable to everyone. Love it

• Options
    Isaac is my son's name and I absolutely love it! It's unusual enough that there aren't a bunch of Isaac's at play groups etc. And I love the nn Zac for when he is older.
    People do seem to struggle to spell it (even family members) and DS gets birthday cards for Issac or Isacc sometimes, but to be honest that hasn't really bothered me too much.
  • Options
    All are great, classic names. I like Isaac best, but James is a close second. William is the most overused/boring of the three.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the replies! I was hoping this would help me decide and feel confident with one of the names, but that hasn't happened. We may just have to wait to see him before we decide. Or, maybe we're having a girl and I've been stressing over a boy's name for no reason!
  • Options
    I love the name James! It's a solid name.