Baby Names
Options

Narrowing down the girl name list

MrsM2015MrsM2015 member
edited August 2015 in Baby Names
We are Team Green with 8 weeks to go. We've been having trouble deciding on a girl name. So, of course I worry it will definitely be a girl if we can't decide! Let me know your thoughts and if you have any other suggestions! Last name is one syllable and starts with M.

Narrowing down the girl name list 137 votes

Victoria Penelope
29% 40 votes
Penelope Catherine
40% 56 votes
Emmeline Cecilia
25% 35 votes
Other?
4% 6 votes

Re: Narrowing down the girl name list

• Options
    Victoria is such a beautiful, classic name. Penelope and Emmeline are a bit trite.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would have voted Cecilia for a FN. Love it :)
    Love: 5/2004
    Marriage: 4/2008
    Baby Carriage #1: 5/2012
    Baby Carriage #2: 1/2016

• Options
    Victoria Penelope
  • Options
    I loved Penelope for a first name best but not a huge fan of it paired with Catherine
  • Options
    Yeah, agreed with PPs.  Love Cecilia as a first name.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• Options
    Thanks, everyone! I too love Cecilia as a first name, but my husband dislikes it. He doesn't hate it, which is why it is in the running for a middle name, but he definitely doesn't love it like I do.
  • Options
    I LOVE Emmeline. Such a feminine, pretty, and unique name. Victoria is also a beautiful name. Not a fan of the name Penelope...especially after a Kardashian used it. 
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I wanted to vote Emmeline but didn't since you said your last name started with M. That sounded like too many mmm sounds.
    Edited for typo
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Katherine with a K
    March 2011: Off Nuva, cycle back to "normal" for me: No periods since 15 years old. June 2011:Provera&50 mg Clomid; Progesterone:0.7 July 2011:Provera&100mg Clomid; Progesterone:3.29 Met with RE:No Clomid response, begin injectables Sep 5 mg Letrozole and Ovidrel in the interim month. Cut out running (was a distance-runner), cycling, eliptical. Restricted to weight-training, walking, pilates. Brain MRI normal. Being physically over-stressed is the reason the body stopped producing prog. Late Sep 2011: Menopur, Ovidrel,& IUI (10.10.11):BFN-Great injectable response: 2 mature, 6 near mature, many smaller; Problem: 9 cysts! Dr: IUI too uncontrolled for number of viable eggs & age. On to IVF! IVF ER 12.6: 37 mature eggs, 27 fertilized, froze all to avoid overstimulation; FET 1.22 (2 Grade 1)=BFN; FET 2.22 (3 Grade 2)=BFP! Beta 10dp3dt=291; 12dp3dt=644; HB 3.26!! 174 bpm: Vanishing twin almost completely absorbed 10wks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I also like Penelope, but it is getting a lot if use these days. Initially I always liked it because of it's cute, quirky and uniqueness. But after hearing of so many little girls with this name it lost it's charm to me. That's just my honest opinion though. I like Emmeline, she will probably be called Emma or Em by friends and other people.
  • Options
    Emmeline hands down! Especially beautiful when paired with Cecilia.