May 2015 Moms
Options

8/20 Milestones

Sitting Up, rolling, reaching, grasping... lets discuss

Re: 8/20 Milestones

• Options
    My daughter just went milestone nuts....rolling back to front, full on laughing, grabbing at everything including holding her feet, shaking a rattle, sleeping 8 to 10 hours at night, and holding her head up for ages! I swear at this rate she may crawl next month.... (joke)
  • Options
    @odawg that's amazing! How many weeks is your LO? DD is 13 weeks and We are rolling back to back and back to belly and grasping!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO is 15 weeks:
    Rolling back to belly (she now sleeps on her belly
  • Options

@odawg that's amazing! How many weeks is your LO? DD is 13 weeks and We are rolling back to back and back to belly and grasping!

She turned 3 months on the 18th!
  • Options
    She figured out how to roll over to her belly on Thursday and now she will not stay on her back! In the past ten minutes I've probably rolled her at least 15 times. The funny part is she can't roll back over on her own (even though she learned that first) and she gets so frustrated. Oh and she also does it all night long.
  • Options
    My baby has learnt... Manipulation oh noooooo! She is 14 weeks and of she can't see me I catch her doing the fakest cry and I'll look at her and her face is completely normal no tears or anything! She's doing tummy time so well but still doesn't like it so she rolls to her back but won't roll the other way, she laughs a bit, she tries to hold every toy at the same time getting greedy (again oh no haha), she constantly tries to sit up by herself so I sit her up and she holds her head very very well. I'm pretty damn proud except for her sleeping habits still haven't improved but hopefully with time..
  • Options
    Rolling from back to almost the belly (those darn arms are always in the way). Rolling from belly to back. This only lasted about a week and is now on the back burner because SITTING is way cooler. He is not sitting on his own by any means but that is all he wants to do. He has mastered the scream. Pretty sure he picked that up from an 11 month old at daycare. My child is super loud now. Starting to grasp his rattle, bear, and toys on his exersaucer. He will be 4 months on the 28th.
  • Options
    jame1380 said:

Rolling from back to almost the belly (those darn arms are always in the way). Rolling from belly to back. This only lasted about a week and is now on the back burner because SITTING is way cooler. He is not sitting on his own by any means but that is all he wants to do. He has mastered the scream. Pretty sure he picked that up from an 11 month old at daycare. My child is super loud now. Starting to grasp his rattle, bear, and toys on his exersaucer. He will be 4 months on the 28th.

Our babies sound sooooo similar probably because they are 2 days apart. Mine has started the screaming all of a sudden ... That's her speech and it's terrible
    =))
  • Options
    My little guy (14 weeks old) loves to babble and figured out how to laugh a few days ago. He was making a funny gasping noise in place of laughing before. He also has different tones now when he babbles, i.e. I can tell when he wants something because he has a whiny tone and when he's playful he has a different tone.  He also apparently can roll onto his belly now: last night when I got up to feed him he was on his belly screaming. He also tries to crawl (his legs have it down, but his arms aren't strong enough to lift him yet). He gets really frustrated that he can't do it yet.
  • Options
    Dd said mama!!!!!!! I know that it's expected at 15 weeks and she doesn't know what it means but i'm still happy!!! She said it at the mall and i managed to get it on video and i kept grinning like an idiot the whole way back lol!

She's supposed to be saying mama and baba now, in my language we call dads baba, so i won lol
  • Options
    DMELDMEL member
    I'm confused..... Do you really expect a 15 week old to be saying words or did you mistype what you meant...
  • Options
    mars8k said:

Dd said mama!!!!!!! I know that it's expected at 15 weeks and she doesn't know what it means but i'm still happy!!! She said it at the mall and i managed to get it on video and i kept grinning like an idiot the whole way back lol!

She's supposed to be saying mama and baba now, in my language we call dads baba, so i won lol

Video or it didn't happen
  • Options

jame1380 said:

Our babies sound sooooo similar probably because they are 2 days apart. Mine has started the screaming all of a sudden ... That's her speech and it's terrible
    =))
    Omg that's my sons cry now!! I feel like the neighbor probably thinks we are torturing him!! Sometimes my husband will go change him and I will have to get up to make sure he is ok.. Even though I 100% trust my husband the scream kills me..