Trouble TTC

TTTC Checkin - 08/17/2015

2»

Re: TTTC Checkin - 08/17/2015

• kistra said:

And this cycle is the last cycle I could deliver here with everyone who supported me through our loss as DH and I have to move next summer

I'm so sorry you've had such a horrible experience this cycle. I feel you on the frustration of missing a window to deliver in a specific place. My recent loss took me out of the game to have a child in my current city as well. its very disappointing.
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Thank you for understanding. It sort of seems silly and I sort of feel like I should only care that we are working on getting pregnant and it doesn't matter exactly which cycle it works. But emotionally I just want to be here with support in place and it feels like so much is riding on this cycle that now is all messed up.
    ***Siggy Warning Child and Loss***

Officially diagnosed with unexplained infertility after 4 years of TTC
    IUI#2 gave us DS#1 who became an angel a few minutes after birth from Noonan syndrome
    IUI#4 gave us DS#2 - going strong as a toddler!

TTC again... Found a clinical trial for unexplained infertility and finished 16 weeks of "lifestyle intervention"
    Cycle #1 - cancelled for ovarian cyst x3...
  • Loading the player...
  • riveridgionalriveridgional member
    edited August 2015
    @krista that's not silly at all. I'm sure all of these ladies can relate to "needing" it to work "this" cycle. I think it's only natural given your situation and the general emotional investment we all make at the start of the cycle.

I believe you said he was willing to try the meds still, so did you start Tuesday? Even if Friday counted as Day 1, Tuesday would have been day 5 and people usually start day 3 or day 5 (I've always wondered why Day 4 was skipped as a start day).

I wish you the best of luck!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • OsteoblasticOsteoblastic member
    edited August 2015
    Newcomer here! I love the idea of the checkins :)

1. How long have you been TTC?
    We stopped BC in October 2013, "actively" trying since about July 2014.

2. What is your diagnosis?
    Unofficially PCOS, possible IR, very irregular cycles (38-90 days)

3. What is your current treatment plan?
    Working with an NP and naturopath on diet, exercise and targeted vitamins until October, hoping to avoid doing Metformin again :/ if things still look bad in Oct, we'll head to an RE.

QOTW: well, last night I did some painting while listening to my "rainy day" playlist, enjoying the gloom outside :)
    Me(28) and Husband(39): 10/5/2013, TTC since 10/2013
    Metformin 7/2014, BFP 8/14/2014, MC 11/1/2014
    Dx: PCOS, cycles 38-72. As of 6/2015 trying to lose weight and fix cycles with diet and exercise!!
  • @riveridgional Thursday was day 1 so Tuesday was day 6 which is why my RE said it was probably too late even though he then gave me the meds and said the delay wouldn't make this cycle any less likely to work. It is just starting to feel like nothing makes any sense.

IUI#2 gave us DS#1 who became an angel a few minutes after birth from Noonan syndrome

TTC again... Found a clinical trial for unexplained infertility and finished 16 weeks of "lifestyle intervention"
  • @kistra that's horrible, I'm sorry your clinic is making everything so frustrating and complicated. I'd be Pissed if a receptionist screwup messed up my chances for a whole cycle, especially when this one felt so important. How you feel makes perfect sense.
    Me(28) and Husband(39): 10/5/2013, TTC since 10/2013
    Metformin 7/2014, BFP 8/14/2014, MC 11/1/2014
    Dx: PCOS, cycles 38-72. As of 6/2015 trying to lose weight and fix cycles with diet and exercise!!
  • @kistra Wow. I am sorry about that. I feel like sometimes the receptionists and other people working at these clinics just don't care and it is really frustrating. At least you go the medicine though and hopefully they will work!! I'll be keeping my fx for you that it all works out. :) GL!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • @kistra, I am mad for you! I'd be so upset! I can't believe she was so snarky even after the visit!!!! I hate when people push the blame on others. I'd have a convo with the doctor about communicating with the nursing staff better. You are paying them to help you get pregnant, not to take random doses on the wrong days because the receptionist needs a different job.

*hugs*
  • @kistra if I was you I would definitely speak with the doctor about the office staff. That is the one thing I like about where I go the office worker knows a lot. But she has worked with him for about as long as he's been in practice. The doctor can't fix a problem if they don't know about it.
  • kistrakistra member
    edited August 2015
    Thank you, I was starting to feel crazy for being so upset with her. She wouldnt even apologize. My doctor knows about the probem with the dates but I didn't let him know that she was rude when I left. He promised he would educate her so the dates problem wouldn't happen again. She is new and I don't like her anywhere near as much as the old receptionist. She was nice and always went and talked with the nurses if I called with any questions.