Baby Names
Options

Eden?

Thoughts on Eden?

Basically I'm just making sure it's not some terribly awful name for some reason that has possibly not entered my head.  Not really looking for "not my style" answers, b/c I don't care much about that (no offense, but I already have a child with a name that is "not my style" for a lot of people and it just doesn't bother me b/c we love it).  We love Eden, too, and it would go well with our other children's names.  TIA!

Re: Eden?

• Options
    emilyray14emilyray14 member
    edited August 2015
    Nice name, as long as your last name doesn't sound like a food item. I went to high school with an Eden, whose name sounded strangely close to Eatin' Hamburgers.

ETA: Edited because I realized it might not be a good idea to put someone's first and last name out there.
    My furchildren, Dorothy and Johnny :)
  • Options
    It's fine

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It isn't my style lol, but go ahead if you like it. It's a good name and it isn't too common.
  • Options
    I like Eden.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Options
    Garden of Eden? I foresee forbidden fruit jokes... for that reason alone I'd avoid it.
  • Options

Garden of Eden? I foresee forbidden fruit jokes... for that reason alone I'd avoid it.

This. Which then kind of made me think stripper.
  • Options
    I love it!!!
  • Options

This. Which then kind of made me think stripper.
    All of this.
  • Options
    There was a very famous strip club in my city called The Eden so that's what I associate the name with. Having said that, it's not a horrible name, I just find it kind of okay.
  • Options
    I think this name is awesome! Cute, and original go for it! I just recently came across an adorable little girl with this name.
  • Options
    I think it's a great name. If I didn't have a cousin with this name, I would have considered it myself.
    Love: 5/2004
    Marriage: 4/2008
    Baby Carriage #1: 5/2012
    Baby Carriage #2: 1/2016

• Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    I think it's great :)
  • Options
    I actually think it's a really pretty sounding name, but oddly enough, I too associated with strippers. A friend of mine used to dance in college, and her name stage name was Eden. She adopted it because of the forbidden fruit thing, trying to be clever. Get it? You can look but don't touch blah blah. So now when I hear the name I just think of strippers.

How common this is, I have no clue.
  • Options
    Never thought of the stripper association! I just think of food because I love these chips, though I just realized it says Eatin' instead of Eden. But still, I'd avoid the name because of the Garden of Eden association.

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• Options
    I really like it, and don't see the stripper association (I think it's far reaching). It's on my list too.
  • Options
    I like it! I remember 9 years ago, my neighbor told me that she was naming her baby Eden. I was like "ohhh....cute!" and then secretly thought "BWHAHAHAHAHA Garden of Eden!" Anyway, she is obviously 8 now, the name grew on me, and now I only have positive associations with the name. I don't really think about the Garden of Eden anymore....HAHA
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    LOVE love love Eden! But it sounds like a bad joke with my last name... Eden Cooling=Heat and Cooling. Sad day.