Formula Feeding
Options

Tommee Tippee on the go.

I might be missing something, but of all of the bottles I got, DD only likes the TT ones...but they're the only brand that didn't come with some sort of sealing device so they don't leak.  What does everyone else do?  Just take separate bottles of milk, then empty TT bottles?

Re: Tommee Tippee on the go.

• Options
    redfallonredfallon member
    edited August 2015
    @CanadaMom17 So you can't even put water in it or it leaks? What happens when the baby is drinking from it? I'm a little confused, I guess.

We didn't use TT bottles with DD (we used Avent Naturals), but when out and about, I always put the amount of water I needed in the bottles and then used a formula carrier with pre-measured formula so I could mix on the go. We have this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-Powdered-Formula-Dispenser-Colors/dp/B0009ET94A/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1439778328&sr=8-3&keywords=formula+carrier

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    No personal experience with TT but you can easily get around it by having a small water bottle in your bag and pouring the amouny you need when you need it, adding the powder and voila!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I suppose - but it's weird this is the only bottle brand without a sealer/plug to use.  It leaks out the nipple if it tips at all if I'm out and about.  

I have to use r.t.s. alimentum formula, so I suppose I can carry a can + bottle + storage bottle, but it's a pain in the ass, since I have a messenger bag that's not humongous.  Ah well, I just wondered if I was doing something wrong!
  • Options
    I suppose - but it's weird this is the only bottle brand without a sealer/plug to use.  It leaks out the nipple if it tips at all if I'm out and about.  

I have to use r.t.s. alimentum formula, so I suppose I can carry a can + bottle + storage bottle, but it's a pain in the ass, since I have a messenger bag that's not humongous.  Ah well, I just wondered if I was doing something wrong!
    Ok. I never used the ready to use cans like that because I never knew if we were going to use the whole thing in the time allowed. I also thought those needed to be refrigerated after opening. We always used powder or I carried those little ready to use sealed bottles that come with the nipple that the baby drinks directly from.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I used TT bottles and never had that problem. If the nipple is on right and you put the cover on the bottle leaking should not happen
  • Options
    Oh,  leaks like crazy from the nipple tip if the bottle tips.  I just carry multiple containers now.
  • Options
    They have tops to the bottles you just need to keep the nipple off and will hold liquid without leeking
  • Options
    The ones I bought have no tops...that's the weird thing - neither package of them.   I would have thought they'd have had them.  I can only find tops included with the $150 starter kit from BRU here, and no tops for sale individually as a package.   Ah well.  Must be a Canada/US packaging thing.