Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Car seat tantrums!

Help! When my almost 3 year old son hasn't had a nap and is tired, he tries to get out of the car seat while I'm driving! It's happened 3x in the last month. I had to pull over to calm him down then when I put him back in the seat he fell asleep within 10 min. The car seat is 100% installed right as we've had the firemen install it and got a certificate. Anyone else's kid do this? What do you do? he tells me his butt hurts and arms hurt in it but normally he has no complaints about it.

Re: Car seat tantrums!

• Options
    I have to fight to get mine in the car seat but once he's in, he can't get off the 5 point harness. He screams a lot though. I try to play relaxing music in the car and hand him snacks and juice and a toy to keep him occupied while I drive but it doesn't always work.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    At 3 years old he should be able to understand the seriousness of this if you have a conversation with him right? Like, for me, I would be pulling over and threatening time out for doing something so dangerous. Regardless of whether or not he's doing this because he's tired or what, I would treat it as a chance to discipline like you would for any other dangerous behavior. Does that make sense?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Is he actually undoing the clips or are the straps too loose and he can get his arms out?

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017