January 2016 Moms
Options

First baby of the year

shellperryshellperry member
edited August 2015 in January 2016 Moms
I just popped over from November moms to say congratulations and I hope one of you have the first baby of the year for 2016! My first son was the first baby of the year for 2010 in the state of Florida and I was pretty amazing. We got free dippers for a year over a 1000 dollars worth of gift cards and his picture was all over the news and papers on January 2. It made the whole experience even more special. Good luck too you all!!

Re: First baby of the year

• Options
    That's very cool, I didn't know of all those extra benefits of having the first baby. It won't be me (due 21st) but it would be lovely to hear some of those stories from moms on our board!
  • Options
    I just popped over from November moms to say congratulations and I hope one of you have the first baby of the year for 2016! My first son was the first baby of the year for 2010 in the state of Florida and I was pretty amazing. We got free dippers for a year over a 1000 dollars worth of gift cards and his picture was all over the news and papers on January 2. It made the whole experience even more special. Good luck too you all!!
    I always wondered why people tried to rush their deliveries to be the first of the year (not saying you did).  That's a pretty awesome perk.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was actually over a week late I was due on chrismass lol the down side was no taxe right off lol but every state is different.
  • Options
    I was actually over a week late I was due on chrismass lol the down side was no taxe right off lol but every state is different.
    Psh.  The free stuff and the cool story is worth the trade!

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• Options
    I'm due January 2nd! If she decideds to arrive a couple days early maybe we could claim her on our taxes and pay off our very last loan, although I'm sure I'll go over lol. And then there's the possibility of her coming January 1st! It would be soooo cool to have the first baby of the year! Fireworks for her birthday! And maybe if I go a couple weeks over she could have my brothers birthday. There's so many exciting possibilities :)