June 2015 Moms
Options

Celebrating our successes!

We haven't had this thread for a bit and I know we tend to be hard on ourselves as mothers thinking about all the things we feel we aren't doing "right"....so what are some things you are proud of today?

Re: Celebrating our successes!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ^^^you are so brave! Glad you made it!
  • Options
    ksimo6 said:

9 week old. 21 month old. Three hour flight. After a three hour delay. Survived the meltdowns. The end.

Oh man. Flying alone tomorrow with my two. If we are delayed I am just going to start sobbing. Major props to you for getting through that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sjeff0816 said:

Today I've done a load of laundry, unloaded the dishwasher, made breakfast and coffee, AND showered. And it's only 1 PM. Now, I'm setting my sights higher for the day: grocery shopping and a trip to the park because it's finally under 100 degrees. Anyone else dread grocery shopping? It's so awkward while lugging around the car seat. I might try the Ergo.

Yes! I grocery shopped this morning and I put the baby in his stroller. Then I just put all the groceries underneath in the holder thing. My DS is way too heavy to lug around! Think it's supposed to feel like over 100 today, so we're in for the afternoon.
  • Options
    @sjeff0816 I put LO in the baby carrier and go around the store like that. He loves the carrier so it works wonders. If I am going in for like, 5 seconds I put the ENTIRE car seat in the car and place the food around the carrier, but this only really works if I need 5 very small things, lol.
  • Options
    @SmashJam @amccoy129 I ended up using the stroller. I have hooks on the handle and I just hung a basket from them. Didn't need much!
  • Options
    amccoy129 said:

Sjeff0816 said:

Today I've done a load of laundry, unloaded the dishwasher, made breakfast and coffee, AND showered. And it's only 1 PM. Now, I'm setting my sights higher for the day: grocery shopping and a trip to the park because it's finally under 100 degrees. Anyone else dread grocery shopping? It's so awkward while lugging around the car seat. I might try the Ergo.

Yes! I grocery shopped this morning and I put the baby in his stroller. Then I just put all the groceries underneath in the holder thing. My DS is way too heavy to lug around! Think it's supposed to feel like over 100 today, so we're in for the afternoon.
    I used the stroller today while grocery shopping for the first time. Worked out great.
  • Options

@mellymar I'm elbow deep in a Costco bag of trail mix right now. Props on the salad!

Even though it's been hard and I'm exhausted I've managed to get LO to sleep in his own bed the past 2 nights. Such a huge accomplishment because he sleeps like a champ in bed with me. But I'm determined to make it work!

I have probably had 100 bags of the coastal berry blend trail mix from Costco since LO was born. What kind are you having??
  • Options
    @teather5 It's just called "rice crackers with nuts". I'm completely addicted!
  • Options
    Got LO to sleep in her bassinet tonight for the first time ever and she slept the exact same hours as before. She woke up around 2am and hopefully now won't wake until 7 like usual. Heres hoping!
  • Options
    jessieR358jessieR358 member
    edited August 2015
    mellymar said:

weight check for LO again today - 9oz gain in 8 days! I been stuffing him!

I have you beat lol. 1 pound in a week! Yikes! My dr thinks it's bc he has reflux and eating to soothe due to some other symptoms too.
    @HayesRN13 my ped had me pump for a feed today to see how much I'm producing. He was worried about oversupply. I got 5 ounces and fed him 4. He doesn't want him to continue that weight gain. I'm supposed to pump once a day for a feed a week and see what the pattern is.