March 2016 Moms
Options

Pregnancy Symptoms, Concerns, Questions & Complaints (Sore Boobs, Nausea, Exhaustion, Bleeding, etc)

Re: Pregnancy Symptoms, Concerns, Questions & Complaints (Sore Boobs, Nausea, Exhaustion, Bleeding, etc)

• Options
    @Naominicolep Just wait, it gets better lol or should I say wetter? ;)
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Options
    Cutting panty liners in half and putting them in a bra works in a pinch too :) no more emergency trips!
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Complaint for the day: Why must my breasts leak oceans right now? Why? I'm only 27 weeks and I have colostrum stains on the new, not so cheap, bed set. DH isn't very happy about it, being that we had it for a week or so haha. But seriously why leak so much so soon :( I had to go buy breast pads at 3 am last night because I wet DH with my leakage!
    This is my life, too, but for me it started at 18 weeks. I guess our breasts are just getting in some early practice!

I might be leaking less than you (a drop or two at a time for me), but I just fold up a tissue and put it in my bra when I'm out and about, and I wear old, ugly pajamas at home that I don't mind if they get a little stained. It does seem to come out in the wash for me, even when it's yellow/orange.

• Options
    I'm honestly not completely versed in all the mechanics of the coloring of colostrum and breast milk however, I've been told some of it has to do with what you eat. Mine has always been an off whitish color.
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Options
    I've even had a blueish/greenish color before - nothing wrong with it, just funky!
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options

Yellow/orange??!?!?! What is this thing called motherhood and why do I know so little??!?!

funny friends no tv show kissing

Hahaha! Is that weird?? Everything I read when I first started getting it said it could be yellow--and sometimes it's a bright, orangey yellow... But mostly it's clear! It's not that bad, really!

• Options
    I have no idea - learning a lot at my first rodeo!! Lol I mean, yes it's weird, but I suppose not abnormal.

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Options
    So I guess this is an appropriate thread for this, not sure if I've really got a question or not...but lately I've just been feeling really down. I'm anxious and worried about financial stuff, worried about time management once baby is here, finding a nursery that will allow for ebf and cloth diapers, and with the recent insomnia and knowing how my body doesn't react well to little/no sleep I'm starting to worry I'm not going to be able to handle being a mother...maybe my mind is just running wild or my previous depression is kind of rearing its head again, but I don't like feeling so down about what should be a wonderful thing...I have an appointment with my midwife next week and plan to talk to her about all this, but I guess I'm wondering if anyone else has any tips on how to feel better or just not let it take over? I've told my husband before that sometimes I'll just have a bad day and he can't do much to help except maybe hold me and let me cry it out and start fresh the next day, but lately it's feeling like it's an every day thing.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    CecilB93 said:
    So I guess this is an appropriate thread for this, not sure if I've really got a question or not...but lately I've just been feeling really down. I'm anxious and worried about financial stuff, worried about time management once baby is here, finding a nursery that will allow for ebf and cloth diapers, and with the recent insomnia and knowing how my body doesn't react well to little/no sleep I'm starting to worry I'm not going to be able to handle being a mother...maybe my mind is just running wild or my previous depression is kind of rearing its head again, but I don't like feeling so down about what should be a wonderful thing...I have an appointment with my midwife next week and plan to talk to her about all this, but I guess I'm wondering if anyone else has any tips on how to feel better or just not let it take over? I've told my husband before that sometimes I'll just have a bad day and he can't do much to help except maybe hold me and let me cry it out and start fresh the next day, but lately it's feeling like it's an every day thing.

*****Hugs*****

I hear you on some of the things you're worried about. People keep asking me about what we're doing for childcare and I honestly haven't even seriously looked because I don't even want to think about it/the cost/being away from baby/etc.

What helps me from getting too down is trying to concentrate on the things I can control. IE: the nursery - so painting and decorating, etc., cultivating the registry - we went through and physically registered, but I "manage" the registry and add things/take things off as I do extra research, see something I like better, etc., doing something for myself such as heading to the gym and also declaring a no-baby discussion time with DH because it CAN get overwhelming sometimes since we tend to harp on the same things over and over and over (for me, it's how much time can we afford for me to take off AFTER baby - it's currently under a moratorium for the time being) and it's nice to talk about ourselves, our days and what WE have going on.

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Options
    Hugs @CecilB93 .  It is extremely overwhelming in everything that is going to happen in the next few months.  It's completely normal to have anxiety about it, and fears, and weirdness, among other things.  My big advice is to make a list of everything that needs to be done and tackle that list one at a time - like the nursery, finances, etc.  It's so common to be scared that you won't be able to handle being a mother.  The lack of sleep is hard, but somehow you get through it.  My vice was coffee every day to even function.  Lean on your husband for support during those super tired times.  And pregnancy tired is way different from newborn tired.  Thankfully newborns don't need much while you're trying to figure out things like which way the diaper goes on ;) .  Keep your eye on the prize - you will have a baby in the end - that's the important thing.  The rest of the stuff just somehow falls into place.  But on the hard days, find an outlet to vent - like this board.  It helps to not bottle it up inside while we're on our crazy hormonal rollercoaster.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options
    Cankles! Omg I work night shift as a nurse and last night I looked down and my ankles had disappeared! Well one more than the other. They reappeared when I woke up this afternoon but please don't let this be a thing!
  • Options
    I could have sworn I read posts about vulvar varicose veins. I was looking around earlier today and couldn't find the posts- not sure if it was the march board or the 3rd tri board. I couldn't find anything by using the search function either (mobile bumping). Could someone pretty please point me toward where those posts are?

Otherwise- stupid flipping swelling and ugly veins! Does anyone have any suggestions besides cool packs and elevating your legs? I've been trying to get off my feet but it's hard because I have a very active job, not to mention a toddler running around!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    TayTayRN said:
    Cankles! Omg I work night shift as a nurse and last night I looked down and my ankles had disappeared! Well one more than the other. They reappeared when I woke up this afternoon but please don't let this be a thing!

I haven't had any swelling yet (and really, really hope I don't have much).  But I just got some compression socks I ordered from Amazon in the mail today.  I work 12hr nights and my legs and feet start aching about eight hours in and I'm hoping these help!  I got these in a couple of different prints  Nurse Mates Compression Stockings

March 2016 Moms: January Siggy Challenge "Pregnancy Problems"
  • Options
    CecilB93 said:
    I've had some unwanted anxiety that has been creeping up the last few weeks too. I think with Holiday spending I feel really stressed about not being able to save any money plus work has been stressful. Also, three months seams like only a blink of an eye away and all the unknowns and stressors that are coming up are starting to get very real and heavy on my mind. I don't have a lot of advise, but just wanted to let you know that I don't think what you are feeling is uncommon. I have also dealt with depression/anxiety in the  past and although I have gotten it pretty well under control I feel like its been trying to creep back in to my life (I always deal with it most during the winter and spring). Just remind yourself that you can get through it, just like you always have. If you can get a little sunlight, that always helps me. They actually have "happy lamps" that you can use for ~15 min periods and my sister swears by hers. (She suffers from bi-polar depression). You may look into that. I think the lack of vitamin D and sun in the winter months contributes a lot to the depression. Hugs to you. Hope you can find some happiness and relaxation.
  • Options
    Those are cute! I think I will order some myself. Worth a try and they can be good for those 12 hour shifts even if you aren't pregnant I hear. Good idea!
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    ehowa499 said:
    I could have sworn I read posts about vulvar varicose veins. I was looking around earlier today and couldn't find the posts- not sure if it was the march board or the 3rd tri board. I couldn't find anything by using the search function either (mobile bumping). Could someone pretty please point me toward where those posts are? Otherwise- stupid flipping swelling and ugly veins! Does anyone have any suggestions besides cool packs and elevating your legs? I've been trying to get off my feet but it's hard because I have a very active job, not to mention a toddler running around!
    I think it was just a page or so back on this thread. But it was myself and another bumpie talking about it.  Not sure there is much you can do for them.  There is some crazy support contraption that my midwife showed me last pregnancy but there's just no way it would be practical for me.  I try to go to bed commando or at least loose pj pants and no undies because with all the extra swelling and fluid my whole vulva region would get irritated easily.  Also, I reassured her that mine have always gone away pretty soon after delivery, whereas my leg vericose veins, not so much.  
  • Options
    Thanks @FutureMrsCaesar!

I talked to nurse on call from my OB office this am, and she said to watch myself at work. She said it wouldn't be uncommon for women with vulvar varicosities to need work restrictions or stop working altogether if they get bad. Do you have any problems with work? (My fuzzy memory is telling me that you are a nurse and you mentioned swelling, but that might have been someone else). I'm not exactly on my feet all day, but I'm up and down off the floor and do a lot of weird exercise-activities with my kids. Today I had paperwork time and some no-shows so I was at my desk with trips to the fax machine, front desk, etc. and at about 5 hours in whenever I stood the pain was really intense. I absolutely don't want to stop working or even cut down but I have so much fear that this. Is just going to get worse!

Aaaah sorry I am such a whiner! With my first I had practically no issues at all except feeling huge up until labor, so this one is a whole other ball game. I'm typically very active and healthy so this is throwing me for a major loop. I have so much guilt over not doing things at home because I'm sitting with my feet up. I haven't been much more than a lurker + occasional comment in the past because I don't have a smartphone, but the last few days my iPad has become my best friend!

Rant over. Sorry for the indulgence.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    @ehowa499 I have not heard of having restrictions because of our 'issue.'  I don't work, per se, but I'm a stay at home mom so probably pretty similar to what you do during the day as far as being up and down a lot with the kids.  I do however still work out daily and don't really restrict myself from doing anything at home, some days they just seem to hurt more than others for no good reason.  Of course when I'm laying down they are fine, but when I get up and especially when I sit on the toilet they are very uncomfortable.  Maybe I'll bring it up at my next appointment in a couple weeks but in my past two pregnancies I wasn't advised to change my active lifestyle and everything turned out okay.  Hang in there, one more trimester to go!
  • Options
    ECHbabyECHbaby member
    edited December 2015
    @FutureMrsCaesar I suffered from my first hemorrhoid due to constipation the weekend of thanksgiving. I spent the day in bed with a hemorrhoid the size of a raisin! It was painful and so uncomfortable. I spoke to my midwife and she recommended I switch back to a veggie diet. I started consuming meat in my second trimester. I felt guilty and let the voice of others dictate what I already knew about my body. Meat sloooooows my system way down. And with pregnancy it came to a complete halt. I took stool softener for 3 days, as well as switching to veggies, fruit, whole grains and nuts. It's been a few weeks now and I feel 10000% better! The hemorrhoid is down to a bump.
    There's tons of protein in greens and grains like quinoa, beans, chickpeas, etc. Hope you get well soon!! It's a yucky feeling that takes away from focus on baby.
  • Options
    ECHbaby said:

Am I the only one that has cotton mouth /dry mouth regardless of how much water I drink. I'm drinking a ton of water and still feel dry mouth/thirsty.

You are not alone. Sometimes I feel like I'm MORE thirsty the more water I drink. Sometimes it helps if I have something like Gatorade or a drink mix added. Maybe because the sugar coats my tongue and throat?
  • Options
    I will give that a try!
  • Options
    @ECHbaby Yes. This. I woke up a few nights ago and was so uncomfortable and so thirsty that I couldn't go back to sleep. I drank so much that my stomach hurt from being so full, but I was still thirsty!! Probably one of the worst nights I've had so far.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    A little rant here....I am 25 weeks and from the start of my pregnancy i was told I have placenta previa.(sp?). I understand what it is..they did not tell me i had to stop working or anything just no heavy lifting..i need to sit at work..things like that..they just kept saying I still have to time to wait to see if it moves...okay so 6 months into this pregnancy and my baby is healthy..but the placenta has not moved at all! I understand I would need a c-section if the placenta does stay there for the next three months..I am not scared about it..they gave me paperwork to read and I watched a lot of videos about it..I wish I can give naturally but whatever keeps my baby safe...I haven't registered at the hospital yet because I was not told if I would officially need a c-section and I know you need to schedule that..so why would my doctor book my check up before my sonogram? when they need to see if my placenta moved...so shouldn't the sonogram be before the check up? so they have something to look at? first pregnancy and i am just so worried..i am barely showing but the doctor did tell me he is growing at a perfect rate. :/ 
  • Options
    ECHbaby said:

Am I the only one that has cotton mouth /dry mouth regardless of how much water I drink. I'm drinking a ton of water and still feel dry mouth/thirsty.

I've struggled with this for months! Nothing I try to help with downing liquids and feeling hydrated seems to work... Some days even water has the most horrible taste, it's so annoying, I have to force myself to drink it. Ugh.
    Sometimes ice cold drinks or sucking ice cubes relieves me a little, but never for long.
  • Options
    Has anyone else felt a sort of lumpyness in their boobs? For the past couple of days, at night as I moisturise I've been feeling these little lumps, usually at the top. If I massage them a little bit they tend to go away. I haven't had any leaking that I'm aware of yet.
    I'll be asking my midwife at my appointment tomorrow... But is this actually a thing? Or am I just going crazy?
  • Options
    svargas18 said:
    A little rant here....I am 25 weeks and from the start of my pregnancy i was told I have placenta previa.(sp?). I understand what it is..they did not tell me i had to stop working or anything just no heavy lifting..i need to sit at work..things like that..they just kept saying I still have to time to wait to see if it moves...okay so 6 months into this pregnancy and my baby is healthy..but the placenta has not moved at all! I understand I would need a c-section if the placenta does stay there for the next three months..I am not scared about it..they gave me paperwork to read and I watched a lot of videos about it..I wish I can give naturally but whatever keeps my baby safe...I haven't registered at the hospital yet because I was not told if I would officially need a c-section and I know you need to schedule that..so why would my doctor book my check up before my sonogram? when they need to see if my placenta moved...so shouldn't the sonogram be before the check up? so they have something to look at? first pregnancy and i am just so worried..i am barely showing but the doctor did tell me he is growing at a perfect rate. :/ 
    What country do you live in?  You don't need to pre-register until a month or so before your EDD and even then it's ok if you don't register, you'll just have paperwork to fill out when you go to the hospital.  Your doctor should have forms for you to preregister and tell you when to do so anyway.  When I had a low placenta with my first, I was not placed on restrictions and had a recheck at 28 weeks, and it moved so vaginal was possible - there is still time for it to move, so don't lose heart.  It's still early to schedule a c-section - lots of time left (how do you think they do emergency c-sections, those are definitely not scheduled.).
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options
    Has anyone else felt a sort of lumpyness in their boobs? For the past couple of days, at night as I moisturise I've been feeling these little lumps, usually at the top. If I massage them a little bit they tend to go away. I haven't had any leaking that I'm aware of yet. I'll be asking my midwife at my appointment tomorrow... But is this actually a thing? Or am I just going crazy?
    Your boobs are starting to do their thing in order to breastfeed.  Those are most likely your ducts preparing - and yes, it is a thing, and no you won't necessarily lactate early.  Take heart, your boobs are normal!!
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options
    Thanks @skruhmin . I guess I just need the reassurance right now, haha. :)
  • Options
    I cannot wake up. I hit 28 weeks and now everything seems to take twice the effort it did last week. I'm still sleeping a decent amount at night. Getting 7-8 hours and only waking up once for bathroom trip.
    Is this just third trimester status quo? Or should I worry about something else going on?
  • Options
    I cannot wake up. I hit 28 weeks and now everything seems to take twice the effort it did last week. I'm still sleeping a decent amount at night. Getting 7-8 hours and only waking up once for bathroom trip. Is this just third trimester status quo? Or should I worry about something else going on?
    Welcome to third tri where any energy you thought you had is gone!  All energy is spent toward making that baby bigger.  Rest up, labor/delivery takes it ALL out of you :)
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options
    I was afraid you were going to say that.
  • Options
    Ugh almost passed out in church yesterday due to a blood pressure drop.  I can honestly say that I've never passed out in my whole life and it was super scary, but I texted my nurse cousin and asked her if I should go to the hospital and she told me no, and what to do if it happens again.  Not cool baby, not cool.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    kitteh81kitteh81 member
    edited December 2015

Complaint for the day: Why must my breasts leak oceans right now? Why? I'm only 27 weeks and I have colostrum stains on the new, not so cheap, bed set. DH isn't very happy about it, being that we had it for a week or so haha. But seriously why leak so much so soon :( I had to go buy breast pads at 3 am last night because I wet DH with my leakage!

Try Dawn dish washing liquid to get out colostrum and breastmilk stains.
  • Options
    So the past couple weeks I've had a couple mornings where I'll wake up curled up on my side, and when I go to straighten my legs I'll get a sharp pain down the right side of my stomach. It almost feels like I tear something, would that just be RLP? When it happens I curl my legs back up and wait a few minutes before straightening them again and feel fine. Idk what else it would be but just wanted to see what other women think!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    CecilB93 said:
    So the past couple weeks I've had a couple mornings where I'll wake up curled up on my side, and when I go to straighten my legs I'll get a sharp pain down the right side of my stomach. It almost feels like I tear something, would that just be RLP? When it happens I curl my legs back up and wait a few minutes before straightening them again and feel fine. Idk what else it would be but just wanted to see what other women think!
    Definitely sounds like RLP. I've learned to move very slowly - especially after lying in one position for a while.
    Married 7.29.05 :: DD1 5.11.10 :: DD2 1.23.13 :: Baby Boy due 3.13.16!

March 2016 January Siggy: Pregnant Lady Problems
  • Options
    I'm getting this weird sensation every now and then. It's like someone is touching or pressing in my belly button. It's not painful but it's uncomfortable. I've always had a really deep innie and I don't like how it feels to have my belly button touched. I just don't know if this weird feeling is pregnancy related or what it is. Anyone have any idea?

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Options

I'm getting this weird sensation every now and then. It's like someone is touching or pressing in my belly button. It's not painful but it's uncomfortable. I've always had a really deep innie and I don't like how it feels to have my belly button touched. I just don't know if this weird feeling is pregnancy related or what it is. Anyone have any idea?

I'm having a similiar feeling - pressure from baby and stretching skin perhaps? I too have a deep innie, but reckon it will pop out soon enough over the next few weeks because it's beginning to feel quite tight!
  • Options
    So I may be jumping the gun a bit but I think I'm getting PUPPPS... again. I am terrified that I'm getting this rash again because my stretch marks are starting to itch and that's how it started last time. The only difference is I had it 1 week postpartum last time and the only thing that helped was drinking dandelion root tea. Internet search was inconclusive if it's safe to drink while pregnant. Any one else have any experience with dandelion root tea while pregnant? I have my next appointment on Tues so I will definitely ask my OB then. I'm just terrified of this rash :(
    BabyFruit Ticker