March 2016 Moms
Options

Pregnancy Symptoms, Concerns, Questions & Complaints (Sore Boobs, Nausea, Exhaustion, Bleeding, etc)

Re: Pregnancy Symptoms, Concerns, Questions & Complaints (Sore Boobs, Nausea, Exhaustion, Bleeding, etc)

• Options
    smushismushi member
    edited November 2015
    Ugh, things have been going so smoothly in the bowel movement department for me. Until today that is. I think I just pooped a razor blade :cry:
    Sorry about your bum, but damn am I jealous about the smoothness up til now.
    *Giggle snort*

My brain immediately pictured a soft serve machine...
  • Options
    So of course the night after my appointment and telling my midwife that I haven't had many issues I wake up in the middle of the night once to my arms/hands both being completely asleep and again because of a Charley horse, which I've never experienced before. Anyone have any tips to relieve the pain of the Charley horse? I couldn't figure out if I needed to stretch it till it passed or massage it or what, but it was not fun at 4:30am...
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    CecilB93 said:

So of course the night after my appointment and telling my midwife that I haven't had many issues I wake up in the middle of the night once to my arms/hands both being completely asleep and again because of a Charley horse, which I've never experienced before. Anyone have any tips to relieve the pain of the Charley horse? I couldn't figure out if I needed to stretch it till it passed or massage it or what, but it was not fun at 4:30am...

Stretch it and tons of water. Eat bananas.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Options
    ECHbabyECHbaby member
    edited November 2015
    Help! I got my first ever hemorrhoid :'( my digestive system was doing ok up until this week. What can I do to speed up the healing process?
  • Options
    I have been feeling so dizzy and spacey for weeks now, my doctor has ran different test but nothing seems wrong, it's like one minute I'm fine and then I feel really dizzy:/
  • Options
    ECHbaby said:

Help! I got my first ever hemorrhoid :'( my digestive system was doing ok up until this week. What can I do to speed up the healing process?

If your doctor approves (mine does) use Tuck's! Works wonders! :)
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Options
    Probably tmi but I am celebrating thanksgiving with diarrhea! Yay. I have gone 5 times today. I have been looking forward to this day for weeks and it looks as if I have picked up a bug somewhere. My tummy feels terrible. Not to mention the excitement I feel about going to someone else's house with diarrhea. Now, to make sure I stay hydrated.
  • Options
    ECHbabyECHbaby member
    edited November 2015
    kynbar5 said:

ECHbaby said:

@kynbar5 thank u! How long did u have it for? I'm on day 2.
    I was staying away from meat first & second trimester .. Diet was mainly fruit, veggies n grains. Then felt guilty about possibly not providing enough protein for baby and I eases my way into the meat, but my body did not respond so well. :( I'm so mad at myself.
  • Options

Probably tmi but I am celebrating thanksgiving with diarrhea! Yay. I have gone 5 times today. I have been looking forward to this day for weeks and it looks as if I have picked up a bug somewhere. My tummy feels terrible. Not to mention the excitement I feel about going to someone else's house with diarrhea. Now, to make sure I stay hydrated.

That sucks! I would much rather have diarrhea than a hemorrhoid . :'(
  • Options
    I feel like the baby is scratching her way out alien style and has made my stomach sore. I wouldn't say it's sharp pains but every once in a while there's a brief, pinch-ish ache inside as she moves around. Is it possible for them to bruise the inside of the uterus? Ouch.
  • Options
    ECHbaby said:

kynbar5 said:

ECHbaby said:

@kynbar5 thank u! How long did u have it for? I'm on day 2.
    I was staying away from meat first & second trimester .. Diet was mainly fruit, veggies n grains. Then felt guilty about possibly not providing enough protein for baby and I eases my way into the meat, but my body did not respond so well. :( I'm so mad at myself.
    No problem! I've used it for weeks at a time lol tmi, I suffer badly from hemorrhoids and have ever since my 1st child was born. I'd say once you get it cleared up to start taking a stool softener and that will definitely help with keeping them away. :)
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Options
    When you get a zap of lightning crotch so bad it makes your leg jump...
  • Options
    Anyone have side boob pain?? I'm 22 weeks and it feels like a plugged milk duct (had them occasionally before with BFing my first). I thought it's pretty darn early to get those. I'm 3 weeks out til my next appointment. I massage and have used heat but it comes back every now and then.
  • Options
    ECHbaby said:

I hope you feel better soon! I had hemorrhoids last time. They are no joke!
  • Options
    ECHbabyECHbaby member
    edited November 2015

ECHbaby said:

I hope you feel better soon! I had hemorrhoids last time. They are no joke!

Thanks!! hope your tummy is feeling better.
    Did the hemorrhoid go away on its own?
  • Options
    OMG! I have figured out the answer to my belly discomfort.
    Before, I felt like the belly was heavy. If jostled, it would cramp. Quick movements made me sore. Tight pants were uncomfortable. 
    I couldn't use my stomach muscles to sit up, so sitting up was a rolling, squirming move. I couldn't get out of the bathtub because it required my thighs to push on the belly as I squatted to stand up. 

BUT ALL THAT IS GONE NOW!!!

Very very slowly, I started walking every day. 
    First, I was slow and could only walk about half a mile before I had to quit. But I stuck with it every single day. 
    Each day, I would try to be a little faster. Sometimes, I would get slower because I was tired or sore. 
    Today, I walked 3.5 miles and climbed the steps 4 times all in exactly 1 hour!!
    (And I've also done a few Pi-Yo classes the past 2 weeks)
    But that's not the accomplishment I'm so excited to share with you....

I'm excited because yesterday, people kept asking me how I was feeling. Honestly, I feel GREAT!!
    Like SUPER GREAT!
    I realized that all the discomfort is gone. I actually put my regular pre-pregnancy jeans on (the lager roomier pair)!!! And I wore them all day and didn't notice any pressure on the belly. OMG!! (obviously, the belly hung out above my jeans like a beer belly but it totally worked!!)

Side note: I'm a FTM and it's TOTALLY INSANE how much this kid moves! I can see him bulging out the side of my belly and watch the bulge move across it! Totally cool! (and a little uncomfortable, but I'm not complaining)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've had this on again off again pain on the top corner of my bump. It's not like the rlp I've experienced before. It started last nigh and I've shrugged it off under the assumption that they're growing pains. Woke up this morning and felt fine. Halfway through the day the pain is back. It's just this sore and constant piercing pain and now that section of my bump is sensitive to touch. Called my ob and she said she can't diagnose over the phone and I'm scheduled to go in on Monday so she told me to just keep feeling for baby movement and if anything changes to call her back ASAP if I feel cramping, or worsening pain. I have no idea what it is but it has me worried. I'm just veggingg out on the couch and chugging water and wishing it were Monday. Feeling baby move is my only comfort. :( is it Monday yet?

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I have been having awful belly button pain. So strange I never felt this with my past two pregnancies. This baby is much bigger than my last two so I am thinking it's just a lot more stretching than the last times. But it is awful! Has anyone else had this pain?! It's only in my belly button and it feels bruised!
  • Options
    @soxfan9968, I had pain just below my right breast. I thought I had a rib out of place. Went to the chiropractor to fix it but he thinks it's my gallbladder. Apparently, if my intestines are getting backed up, my gallbladder can get angry and cause rib pain. 
    He said moving my bowels better will alleviate the pain. I'm trying that now. FUN STUFF!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    skruhminskruhmin member
    edited November 2015
    @soxfan9968 is it on the right side below your boob? If so it may be gall bladder. Do you have any pain in your right shoulder blade? If it's all that, try chugging (or just drinking) as much unfiltered apple juice as possible. That can clean out your gall bladder and ward off an attack if that's what it is (that's saved me from several ER trips). Just a warning it will give diarrhea but that side effect isn't bad compared with gall bladder pain.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options
    @skruhmin it is! Hmm I'll give it a try. Does apple cider work too? I haven't found any unfiltered apple juice. I've been drinking water but that hasn't helped much.

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I don't know, it might??
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options
    The gallbladder dumps bile into your intestines. So as long as your intestines are moving properly, the gallbladder won't get backed up.
    So honestly, you can use anything that'll give you diarrhea and it'll have the same effect. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh - woke up today with a slight sore throat, it's slowly been getting worse. Sore throat, swollen lymph nodes, runny nose :( Thankfully no fever! Hopefully it's just a cold and goes away soon! Any awesome/safe suggestions for soothing a sore throat? (I have a big presentation at work tomorrow morning, I need my voice!) 
  • Options
    Ugh - woke up today with a slight sore throat, it's slowly been getting worse. Sore throat, swollen lymph nodes, runny nose :( Thankfully no fever! Hopefully it's just a cold and goes away soon! Any awesome/safe suggestions for soothing a sore throat? (I have a big presentation at work tomorrow morning, I need my voice!) 
    TONS of water, and maybe some lemon with honey?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Lol!! Thanks ladies!! I'm trying! Lol! @jstanton0822 @skruhmin

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Options

Gargle some warm salt water.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Holy heartburn! 26 weeks today and the heartburn has begun. I was throwing up last night it was so bad! Looks like the calmness of the second trimester has ended for me. Hello, exhaustion, insomnia, heartburn, nausea, and back pain. You were not missed.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I've been suffering from constipation on/off all pregnancy and I take a stool softener every day which is usually enough to make sure it doesn't get too bad.  But I haven't had a real BM since before thanksgiving, and I am feeling AWFUL, so gross and bloated and stuffed.  I'm on day #4 of Miralax and still nothing.  At my checkup yesterday my OB gave me the ok to take a Dulcolax, now I'm equally scared it won't work or it will work too well and I'll have lots of pain and cramping.  I just took one about an hour ago, so anyway, fingers crossed!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hope everything comes out in the end.  Ouch!
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options

I've been suffering from constipation on/off all pregnancy and I take a stool softener every day which is usually enough to make sure it doesn't get too bad.  But I haven't had a real BM since before thanksgiving, and I am feeling AWFUL, so gross and bloated and stuffed.  I'm on day #4 of Miralax and still nothing.  At my checkup yesterday my OB gave me the ok to take a Dulcolax, now I'm equally scared it won't work or it will work too well and I'll have lots of pain and cramping.  I just took one about an hour ago, so anyway, fingers crossed!

I had to take a break from my iron supplement because of the constipation. Miralax just wasn't cutting it. It took a couple more days but today is much better.
  • Options
    @skruhmin thank you!  I even tried the unfiltered apple juice all day yesterday, I alternated 8oz of that and 8oz of water every 30 mins and still nada!  I don't have a juicer but I did eat some carrots too, haha
  • Options
    Good grief, woman!  I'm so sorry!!!
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options
    Try collinsonia root.
    I've had gentle but effective BMs for a few days since starting it on Friday.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kath525 So sorry :( I made the mistake of having some Dr Pepper before bed last night, and I felt like a fire breathing dragon all night long.  It hurt to drink even water this morning...  I'm not looking forward to the third trimester heartburn and barf episodes.
  • Options
    @smushi my mistake was eating spaghetti.. But I wanted it so bad!! So not worth it! Lesson learned! I've gotta try eating smaller meals too. But it's tough to find time to do that. 14 more weeks!!
  • Options
    I officially can no longer lay on my back. Woke up today and could not feel my legs. Same thing happened after a nap the other day. I know LO is pressed up against my back and has been this entire pregnancy so he must be laying on a nerve. Ugh so painful!
  • Options
    I'm wondering if any other moms have been diagnosed with an incompetent cervix with any children you've had and how far you made it into your pregnancy.