January 2016 Moms

Skinny women & pregnancy

Just wondering if they're are any other soon to be moms that are still little like me? I am 5'4 & about 105 pounds. I just had my 15 week appointment & my baby measured to 15 weeks & 4 days. I'm not showing at all & haven't felt a weight change either

Re: Skinny women & pregnancy

• I'm 5'4" and weighed 125 pounds before pregnancy. I'm a FTM, 17 weeks and weigh 130 pounds now. I popped so much within the past week.

But mind if I ask the point of this post? Do you have a question? A concern?
  • Loading the player...
  • There are many other posts where people discuss weight gain/ lack of weight gain ect. Perhaps have a browse of the page? Personally I think most women at this stage are trying our best to focus on being healthy rather than weight at this point, which is pretty hard for me personally. Not sure what is the point of your asking this question?!
  • Cricket99Cricket99 member
    edited August 2015
    I'm also 5'4" around 105 pre pregnancy. I'm 16 weeks today and have just started noticing that I have a little bit of a bump. I still fit in all my normal clothes. I have put on 5 pounds which is exactly where my OB said I should be. I wouldn't worry too much about it. As long as you aren't losing massive amounts of weight just try to be healthy.

Edited for weird auto corrections...
  • jezygaljezygal member
    edited August 2015
    Yes I'm about 5'5' and 112 lbs. With my first I gained 20 lbs, but was all after 20 weeks. I didn't start showing until after 20 weeks also. She was small 5lbs, but healthy. She started measuring small around 6 months and they were worried something was wrong , but nothing was, I just make small babies. So far I haven't gained any weight, maybe a pound. I show sometimes it's mostly just when I eat a lot. I had  an ultrasound at 15 weeks and she is measuring 3 days big, so we wI'll she what happens. I haven't told anyone I'm pregnant yet, A friend I haven't seen in years saw me last week and said "you dont look like you even had a baby" I'm standing there thinking, so I don't look 4 months pregnant?
  • I think the op is worried about potential lack of et gain and whether baby is at risk for being small. You will have ultrasounds throughout where they measure whether baby is growing appropriately and starting in second tri, they will measure the belly (not that accurate). If you are small, you are more likely to have a small baby. If near term baby is less than 5% they may be concerned and induce early actually. But that size could also be normal for you. Just as there is worry of big babies, there is worry for small babies too (sga,iugr). But at this point you sound fine (your first baby and you are small yourself)
  • Really??? Im 14+4 with my third and im huge! Still only 125 but major baby bump. So what is your concern? If your doc hasnt expressed any concern you shouldnt worry.
  • I don't think being thin has anything to do with weight gain during pregnancy or when you will start showing. I have a similar build and my stomach is looking like a serious beer belly right now. I had a farewell ceremony for my pre-pregnancy pants last week. 
  • edited August 2015
  • As of 16 weeks I had just broken even with my original weight since I wasn't able to eat much the first trimester. Two weeks later and hello bump and having to run to the mall yesterday! A lot of bump and weight gain starts to really pick up quickly (or at least in my case!) it's neat looking pregnant to everyone else finally!
  • If your doctor doesn't seem concerned than you shouldn't be. I guess all I can say is I'm sorry you think you're too skinny? 8-}
  • Everyone's bodies are different. Everyone starts showing at different times. End of story.
  • Jeez!
    Me:28 DH:35
    Married: 7.23.11
    DD:10.17.12
    EDD #2!:1.17.16 

• I think she was just concerned if she was healthy or not and wanted to see if anyone could relate to her. Jeez.

You're at liberty to interpret it any way you like, as we all did.
    The OP was not at all well-articulated, and the additional statements are only vaguely correlated to her question.
  • SummerOHSummerOH member
    edited August 2015
    It really doesn't matter if you're skinny. I was super skinny with DD (5'8", 125) and wasn't visibly pregnant to strangers til 6 months. Oh, to have my 18 year old abs again! I am thin but more average-thin now and didn't show til 18-19 weeks with DS. I'm 15w2d with my third and not showing. I can still button my pants. Some women just don't show as fast, especially FTMs like yourself.

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

• Hi there, everybody is different and have different experiences during pregnancy. I started showing at around 14 weeks, at first it looked like I had eaten too many pies. But now I'm nearly 18 weeks and I've got a proper baby bump now, it's starting to feel more real now as well. I've also felt my little mate moving around quite a bit in the last few days :-)!!!
    A girl I new was 6 months pregnant when she got married, and you should have seen her tiny waist! No one knew she was pregnant at the time either, and you would never have known that she was.
    So yeah, it's different for us all. Good luck to you with everything xxxxxxxxx
  • MommyHeidMommyHeid member
    edited August 2015
  • jodieHxxjodieHxx member
    edited August 2015
    I agree with your wanting to relate statement xxxxxx
  • Actually, no one bashed her body type at all.
    Clearly some people were bothered by the fact that she didn't appear to have a point to asking the question. How would her fetus's size have anything to do with whether or not another thin pregnant woman is still thin?
    And just because someone says they're thin and asks a pointless question on a public forum doesn't mean that they do have body image issues either.
    edited August 2015

Not to be rude but thats why there is a search engine (i searched this same topic and found lots of results) and a daily symptoms and concerns thread....just saying.

• @MommyHeid of course there are skinny women on here! Hence the search engine. You look up your question if it has been posted then connect with the person if it hasnt than ask away.
    edited August 2015

@MommyHeid of course there are skinny women on here! Hence the search engine. You look up your question if it has been posted then connect with the person if it hasnt than ask away.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"