March 2016 Moms
Options

Wwyd reveal question?

I have to go to my cousins wedding next week. We live 4 hours from our families and haven't told anyone but our parents about the pregnancy. We are ready to start spreading the news but my question is: can I tell my brothers and sisters in person even if it is just before the wedding? Should I just call them this week and give it time to sink in before hand? Or is it too close to the wedding as it is? I won't see my siblings again until October or December and I will not be able to hide being pregnant at the wedding (besides the bloat our family is always on the lookout for possible pregnancy and I won't lie if someone asks). Thanks for your opinions just curious what others would do!

Re: Wwyd reveal question?

• Options

fwtx5815 said:
    So are you worried about "stealing the spotlight" from your cousin? If that's the case, I wouldn't worry about that and I would just tell them in person. Your family will still be excited for your cousin and his/her nuptials. Their joy for life events is likely not in finite supply :p What would cause a distraction is if you bought a McLaren and did donuts in the parking lot during the processional and asked if anybody wanted to joy ride with you during the reception.
    Love this, perfect response especially "Their joy for life events is likely not in finite supply."

Then I thought you were talking about this...image
    But you were actually talking about this... image
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP 6/16/13 ~ EDD 2/22/14 ~ CP 6/20/13 @ 4W3D
    BFP 1/1/14 ~ EDD 9/6/14 ~ CP 1/4/14 @ 4W2D
    BFP 6/24/15 ~ EDD 3/6/16 ~ Here's hoping 3rd time is a charm!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lol yes that is my worry. I just hate confrontation and know she can be a little high maintenance, but you a probably right. I know on our wedding I was just so excited about the wedding a Bomb could have gone off and I probably wouldn't have noticed.
  • Options

fwtx5815 said:

So are you worried about "stealing the spotlight" from your cousin? If that's the case, I wouldn't worry about that and I would just tell them in person. Your family will still be excited for your cousin and his/her nuptials. Their joy for life events is likely not in finite supply :p

What would cause a distraction is if you bought a McLaren and did donuts in the parking lot during the processional and asked if anybody wanted to joy ride with you during the reception.

Love this, perfect response especially "Their joy for life events is likely not in finite supply."

Then I thought you were talking about this...image
    But you were actually talking about this... image

Haha that was my initial thought too :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

Me: 25, DH: 28
    Married: July 2012
    DS: December 2013 
    TTC #2 since July 2014 
    M/C: March 2015 
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    You could always tell them just after the wedding while everyone is still in town.  Like on the way out, like a drive by 'I'm Pregnant"
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options

Just tell your siblings before the wedding and anyone else you want to tell at the reception. As long as you don't make a huge deal like during a toast or writing it in sparklers I'm sure it would be fine. My college friend told me she was expecting during the reception and I didn't feel like it took away from my day at all.

Now my brother in law and his wife told the whole family they were pregnant during our engagement party, basically as the pee was drying on the stick, with a huge speech and toast. No one could talk about anything else. That was frustrating but they are the type to do that, one up everyone..

Pregnancy Ticker

March '16 February Siggy challenge- After Pregnancy hopes

• Options
    mb0112mb0112 member
    It sounds like you are asking when to tell your siblings, not the extended family and wedding couple. I think that is great timing if you rarely see you siblings. Do it before the wedding so you don't have them suspicious when you're not drinking. They will still be happy for your cousin and celebrate the wedding, with the added happiness of your secret! But I don't think you should tell the cousins, bride, etc because it's still early and it sounds like you aren't as eager to share with them.