December 2015 Moms

The urban and nursery-less

2»

Re: The urban and nursery-less

• Whovian84Whovian84 member
    edited August 2015
    I LOVE the closet nursery ideas! Thanks for posting these, they're so cute. We only have one closet in our entire apartment, though, and it's a shoebox haha. Post pics if anyone ends up doing this!

After thinking about it more, the fact that the pack and play manufacturers do not recommend adding anything (like a mattress) made me finally settle on just getting a crib since we have the floor space if we do apartment Tetris in our bedroom. I think we're going to get a sleeper as a bassinet and travel bed substitute. My husband found this one which looks pretty cool: 

• I think the closet thing is a great idea depending on the type of closet and removing and shelving or rods above the crib. Seems like a perfect nook for a crib or pack n play. 
    Due 11.16.17
    Baby Girl 12.9.15
    MC 2.1.15 @ 5 W - Chemical
    MC 4.7.14 @ 21 W - Turners Syndrome

• Loading the player...
  • Love this thread even if I am a bit late to the party! ! My husband and I have a teeny studio of 270 sq ft...its actually pretty normal in the European city where i live...I was always thinking ahhhh it will be fine but now I'm thinking eeek. ..as we can't shut the babyin another room...anyone else sticking with a studio? ?
  • I'm in Manhattan, KANSAS. hehe, everyone else sounds like you are in a big city. DH is a grad student and we are trying to stay out of dept, so in a one bedroom. DH must graduate in May! and then we will be moving...somewhere. So I am very happy for this post too!! I have a chimney cupboard - a thin, upright dresser type thing that fits nicely in the corner for clothes. We have a cradle that is a family heirloom so am really, really wanting to use it. After that...maybe a pack-n-play, tho not sure where it will fit. I WILL fit a swing in somewhere too! 

Whovian84 - feel no guilt! a P&P will work just fine. what is far, far more important is love and cuddles and snuggles. The vast majority of babies in the world never have a crib. 

I bought several boxes of diapers on sale (plus coupons and got several $5 cards back!!) they are currently in the middle of the living room acting as nice foot stools. I have no idea where to put them. Need to figure out something soon!!
  • hjcookhjcook member
    edited September 2015
  • @hjcook Have you looked at any of the mini pack n plays? We got a full size one with DS and it's been nice but it seems huge. Then I see the mini ones in the store and think how nice they could be instead.

BTW, I don't think of Manhattan, KS as a small town but maybe that comes from growing up on a farm. I live in KC now and the metro seems huge.
  • I love the closet idea , Me and my dh live in a one room apartment our room is very big and we both have walk in closets. So baby's crib will be with us in our room! Are lease isn't up yet till August 2016 so we have to wait to get our own house.
  • Thanks Mizuiro007! Manhattan feels like a good sized town to me. I'd be rather overwhelmed in KC!! From a farm too, in Iowa. I'll check out the mini P&Ps! Thanks for the tip.
  • Anyone got any pics of their baby corners??