December 2015 Moms

UO Thursday 7/30

Re: UO Thursday 7/30

• Not even a nice piece of pumpkin pie with some whip cream on a wonderful thanksgiving day?!? Lol think I need some now!
  • Oh and I LOVE Taco Bell's Mexican Pizza drowning in their fire sauce. It grosses DH out, but something about the crunchy flakiness drenched in sauce is so delish to me.
    Married 05.19.07 | Together since 03.11.00 | Dom Born 02.06.12 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Oh and I LOVE Taco Bell's Mexican Pizza drowning in their fire sauce. It grosses DH out, but something about the crunchy flakiness drenched in sauce is so delish to me.

I want a crunch wrap now with the strawberry Starburst drink.
  • I don't know if this is an UO or just a pet peeve that really drives me up the wall.
    People who don't roll up sleeves when eating and I have to watch them run their clothes through their food.
    My boss does it and she always laughs at me whenever I start saying ack! She immediately knows what's up. DH is a constant food skimmer. I seriously want to scratch my eyes out every time.

THIS! I used to work as an elementary school teacher and I could not stand being near the kids while they ate!! Food on the sleeves, talking with full mouths (so spraying people with your currently-being-chewed food), hair getting in the food, food all over the face.... Gah!
  • @duckinoven Brussel Sprouts are rocking if they are made correctly. I can do some asparagus in good sauce or some butter and a little seasoning...  And yes, throat punch the salad servers. I went to Decatur with a friend to visit her family once. They took us to a buffet as a surprise. We were thinking Golden Corral...nope, it was, and I kid you not, "Lettuce Souprise You". We were mad....lmao I just ate baked potatoes.
  • taysuntaysun member
    @ChiccoBeanz we're going to golden corral tomorrow, I'm so excited
  • Baseball and Softball are fun to play, but not to watch. Totally understand @vegdumpling
  • I'll jump on the sports bandwagon: I LOVE basketball, football, baseball. All we do in the winter is watch sports... And in the spring, baseball is on my mind more than it is on the hubs'. I have a hard time with women who see sporting events as social hour/ the runway.
  • Jmdavin said:

Another UO is I can't STAND when moms continue to say, oh my son/daughter is 37 months like after 1 year of age... Like damn woman don't make me do math!! How old is that??? 3? wtf just say 3!!! Even being pregnant I just tell people how far along I am in months because you can see their faces are like uhhh ok so 18 weeks is how much?

Yasssss. If I were back in college id be giving sorority snaps in agreement.

Love sports, I will go to nearly all sporting events and often know more than dudes.

My other UO: I refuse to own a microwave.
  • Lol salad haters. My dad always said that salad is the promise that food is on the way. He would push it aside and wait for his meal to come.

My uo: bacon is disgusting. Actually any pork product is gross.

• My UO is that Honey BBQ sauce could be its own food group and I am SO happy I can have it again.  The first trimester sucked.

Do you like honey BBQ chips?

Omg yes! And BBQ pop chips are like cocaine for me.

Other notes now that I've caught up:
    -I kiss my dog on the top of his head all the damn time.
    -I agree about the "my child is 37 months" thing. Drives me crazy. 3. Your child is 3.
    -And while I enjoy watching baseball and football, hockey is AWESOME!
  • colsen4 said:
    Lol salad haters. My dad always said that salad is the promise that food is on the way. He would push it aside and wait for his meal to come. My uo: bacon is disgusting. Actually any pork product is gross.

My dad calls salads rabbit food! I have no words for your repulsion to bacon lol!! :@)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • fioripfiorip member

I hate chocolate. I was sensitive to it before but now since being preggo it's even worse. My SO laughs everytime he puts the cocoa butter lotion on me cause I complain about its chocolate like smell. Must go to the store soon to find a different lotion lol.

I don't care for the movie frozen....  Can't get into it. Songs are catchy though. Oh Nutella is somewhat gross... ummm I think breast feeding is cool....and.... I'm not a fan of salad.... or people that use the adjective "groovy" to describe themselves or anything else for that matter....it's 2015.

My dinner today was a piece of a special ordered cake which is half brownie, half chocolate cake, dulce de leche filling and Nutella topping, sprinkled with crispy chocolate pearls, I'm not even sorry! I've been eating healthy all the time. I feel sorry for people who don't like chocolate, it's crazy!

I don't care for frozen either, or scandal. Actually I can't stand scandal.
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• groovylocksgroovylocks member
    edited July 2015
    I know it's friday but apparently I'm feeling feisty.

I hate ice cream. I don't care what kind it is. It's nasty. I'm also not hugely into chocolate.
    If i fly coach, I have to sit at the back of the plane because I don't like children or big people sitting behind me. 
    I don't ever check bags. I only travel with carry-ons. I could be going away for a month. I'll make it work. 
    I don't allow  housekeeping in my hotel room. I keep the Do Not Disturb sign up for the duration of my stay and keep it tidy myself. 
    If more than one person is talking at once, I completely zone out. I dislike noise. I recharge alone, not around people. 
    I also find pork repulsive. 
  • I don't care for the movie frozen....  Can't get into it. Songs are catchy though. Oh Nutella is somewhat gross... ummm I think breast feeding is cool....and.... I'm not a fan of salad.... or people that use the adjective "groovy" to describe themselves or anything else for that matter....it's 2015.

I am in LOVE with this JL gif.
  • My UO: I hate when people say "you're eating for two!" then say I need to eat more, like two full plates of food. No. 300 extra calories/day will do me just fine thanks. I don't feel like having gestational diabetes, or birthing an 11 pound baby, or gaining 50 pounds, thank you very much.

Maybe that's not a UO. Maybe we all feel that way. Whatever. :-bd
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Ken122014 said:

My UO is I am against praising my kids. I think it's sets them up for failure and makes them give up on things easier. So we don't use the words "good job" in my house. People use the words good job so much that their kids become praise junkies and never really complete or accomplish things to the fullest potential.

....And kids shouldn't get awards just for participating. Showing up should be expected; not rewarded. They need to learn how to lose and that it's a reality sometimes. Not everyone is a winner.

We are told to give specific feedback, not "good job". So if a kid finally gets their "k" sound, we don't simply say, "good job, that was it!" We say, "I like how you got your tongue up in back, and you made a great k sound! How did it feel? What did you do differently? Let's try again!" I think specific feedback is very important, but I think that's different than the praise and awards that you mention :)
    Yes that kind of praise is different and important! I do that with my son. We discuss it and try again! But I don't reward or praise! I also am all for helping my DS know the feelings behind his tears or excitement. So if it's frustration I say, "I know that was frustrating" or I say "how does that feel".

• Marchmellow2Marchmellow2 member
    edited July 2015
    Here's a good article on it:

https://www.education.com/reference/article/Ref_Five_Reasons_Stop/

A great book on this is:
    Einstein Never Used Flash Cards

• I know it's friday but apparently I'm feeling feisty.

I hate ice cream. I don't care what kind it is. It's nasty. I'm also not hugely into chocolate.
    If i fly coach, I have to sit at the back of the plane because I don't like children or big people sitting behind me. 
    I don't ever check bags. I only travel with carry-ons. I could be going away for a month. I'll make it work. 
    I don't allow  housekeeping in my hotel room. I keep the Do Not Disturb sign up for the duration of my stay and keep it tidy myself. 
    If more than one person is talking at once, I completely zone out. I dislike noise. I recharge alone, not around people. 
    I also find pork repulsive. 
    Just a general question or 2:
    When you fly with your own child will you sit in the back of the plane?
    Also when you fly will you check bags or no?
  • meansallisonmeansallison member
    edited August 2015
    I hate Magic Mike. Yeah yeah the boys are hot and everything but that has got to be the dumbest story line and some awful acting. I DO enjoy the gifs for MM however seeing as all of them are shirtless :)
  • Jmdavin said:

My UO is I think people who don't like kissing their dog or people who think people who do kiss their dogs are weird...I think THEY are weird.. Haha hope that made sense. Basically I kiss my dogs and thinks it's just fine! Just smooching their noses :)

Yes! I can't leave for the day without kissing each of my 3 fur balls on the snout. Well the pug gets his head kissed for lack of snout. My DH thinks I'm crazy because I will go back inside if I forget to say goodbye to one of them. He's just jealous.... :)
  • My UO is I don't think Benedict Cumberbatch is attractive... At all. I don't see it.

I also love Uggs in the fall/winter and find leggings an acceptable form of pants (as long as they aren't see through).
  • My UO is I don't think Benedict Cumberbatch is attractive... At all. I don't see it.

I also love Uggs in the fall/winter and find leggings an acceptable form of pants (as long as they aren't see through).

@navyblueladybug UGGs are a must. My theory is that people who are haters have simply never owned a pair and just don't know. Nothing like a fresh new pair of classics or slippers. Amaze.

Yes to both! I don't understand that appeal in him! We call him Benadryl Cumberbun!

And I wear leggings a lot! I make sure they are not see through, but they are so comfy!

• My UO is I don't think Benedict Cumberbatch is attractive... At all. I don't see it. I also love Uggs in the fall/winter and find leggings an acceptable form of pants (as long as they aren't see through).
    I don't think he's all that attractive. I enjoy him as an actor, though.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers