April 2015 Moms
Options

Nighttime stretches ??

my little peanut is 12 weeks and still he wakes up at night 3 times. How fine lots of mothers here say they go 11-12 hours stretches at night. I don't think that's even possible! I breastfeed only
Any tips ?

Re: Nighttime stretches ??

• Options
    My guy is a formula baby so not sure if that makes any difference but he started sleeping thru the night right around 12/13 weeks. Good luck and what a cutie you have!!
  • Options
    Breastfed babies have 6-8 hour stretch without feeding at this age.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO is 12 weeks and he will eat around 8pm sleep until 2 or 3 AM then go back down until 6 or7am.
  • Options
    You could try clustering feeding in the evening and then wake baby for a feed when you go to bed (btw 10-11). The idea is to get more in them during the day. The other thing you can try is to give a paci (or rock, reswaddle, etc) when they wake at night to see if your LO will easily go back to sleep if just waking out of habit or needing help falling back to sleep. If this doesn't work right away then your LO is waking out of hunger.
    DS born 10/25/11 **  DD born 6/24/13 **  DS born 4/20/15
  • Options
    Oh one other thing you could think about is making sure your LO is eating enough during the night feeding when you do it - if falling back aeep right away on the boob, then they might not fill the belly and will wake again sooner. I usually change the diaper between sides or give a good burp between to wake him up enough to take a full feeding.
    DS born 10/25/11 **  DD born 6/24/13 **  DS born 4/20/15
  • Options
    My daughter is 12 weeks and is breastfed 75% of the time (due to low supply), but we give her 100% formula at her last feeding of the night. She sleeps form 8 pm until 5 am.
  • Options
    My baby is 13 weeks and has been sleeping through the night (9pm-7:30am-ish) since 5 weeks. He is bottle fed breast milk (I exclusively pump).
  • Options
    I have totally been in that boat. I finally sleep trained my little guy a week ago at 15 weeks and he's sleeping 10 or more hours a night, waking to eat once, usually 8-9 hours into it. So...if you can hang in a little longer, I would totally suggest the controversial Ferber book because it was the only thing that worked.