Baby Names
Options

Help with girl name?

kayway85kayway85 member
edited July 2015 in Baby Names
Our last name starts with an H and is very masculine sounding (in my opinion)

Other suggestions/combos are welcome. Thanks!

Help with girl name? 113 votes

Margaret Grace
45% 51 votes
Margaret Alison
11% 13 votes
Alison Grace
24% 28 votes
Verity Grace
9% 11 votes
Annalese grace
8% 10 votes

Re: Help with girl name?

• Options
    Annalese spelling looks...off. Margaret and Alison are fine, but I really dislike Verity. Or Chastity or other virtue/expectation names.
  • Options
    I voted Alison, for the same reasons mamabeagle did.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LC122LC122 member
    Well, this board (many moons ago) mentioning that Annalese (and any of its variations) looks like Anal Ease has ruined that name for me.

I prefer Allison with two L's.
    Not crazy about Verity.
    And Grace always seems like a filler middle name to me.

So, I would keep looking. But that's just me.
  • Options
    Of those Margaret Grace although none really jump out. I am one of those that sees Anal ease with any spelling

• Options
    I like Annalise, but prefer this spelling. Helps avoid the anal ease thing, too. I like Margaret too, but only if you're planning to call her Maggie. Margaret isn't that pretty of a name.
  • Options
    I like Margaret Grace but it might be a bit heavy for a little girl. Have you looked at Margaret's international variations (eg. Margot?)
    Expecting Double Trouble, April 2016

• Options
    Thanks everyone. I must have missed the anal ease conversation. That's pretty funny, although I do still like the name.

When talking to a friend of mine about "verity" she thought I was saying "ferrett-y" so I can stop hearing that now when I say the name.

I agree that grace seems to be a common middle name, but it's actually my sister name and the name of an aunt I'm close to, so I'm attached to the idea of using it. I'd like some part if her name to honor family (Alison and Margaret are also family names)

I agree Margaret grace is a bit heavy, we would call her maisie as a nn, but it's a very formal sounding full name.

I really thought we'd have a name by now! This has proven to be more difficult than I thought it would be.
  • Options
    LNic5LNic5 member
    Annalise is my favourite
  • Options
    Annalise is the only one that you should really think twice about. It says Anal. My husband went to school with a girl named Annalise and they called her Anal Leaks. Terrible, but true.
  • Options
    Margaret Grace is beautiful! I know Grace can seem filler-ish, but since it is a family name, I think it's a great choice. And Margaret is a BEAUTIFUL name for a girl, with or without a nickname. Not heavy at all.
    LFAF September Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails