April 2015 Moms

Baby wants to suck!

Hello all,
My 3.5 month old baby seems to need to suck all the time even when she's not hungry, so I know she would really benefit from a pacifier. I haven't really pushed the pacifiers because she really hasn't needed one until now. She took one about four times from birth thus far but not for more than a minute each time. Now I can't get her to take one at all! I've tried all different brands: mam, Nuk, Philips avent, and dr Browns. Has anyone had any luck getting a baby to take a pacifier this late in the game? Do you have any tricks or hints to get them to take it? Is it even possible LOL? Is there a specific brand that seems to work best for this age? Thank you so much in advance for your help!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby wants to suck!

• My DS likes the tommee tippee ones. They are like a round bulb (kind of like the scent soothies), not flattened like most of the others are. Maybe try one that is a totally different shape?
  • I will definitely give that a try! Thank you!!
  • Loading the player...
  • The Wubanub pacifiers have a little stuffed animal attached. My LO has loved his since 6 weeks. He likes it more now since he's starting to actually grab/hold on to toys. Maybe she will like that?
  • OMG I am in the same boat as you!!! My little man likes to constantly use me as his human pacifier. He's about 3.5 months as well and after reading the benefits of your baby falling asleep with a pacifier, I really want him to start using one. Especially now that I am back at work and he doesn't get to just comfort nurse on me all day. It's been rough getting him to take one for longer than a few minutes this late in the game. If you find something that works, let me know! If something works on our end I'll be sure to post!