January 2016 Moms
Options

Bookworms!

1235»

Re: Bookworms!

• Options
    I just finished reading "Before I Go" by Colleen Oakley. OMG. I could barely finish, it was so moving. Be ready with tissues. 
  • Options
    @karaepp16  Marion Zimmer Bradley is one of my FAVORITES. I am a teacher and I re-read Mists of Avalon AT LEAST once every other summer. I also love the Forest House. She is amazing!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Cricket99 said:
    I have found my tribe!!!!

I am on goodreads, my user name is RobynD ScentsyD and my favorite genre is Urban Romance/Paranormal Romance and I have to add I love me some Motorcycle Club smut.

My all time favorite author is Krelsey Cole (Immortals After Dark Series) but I also love me some J.R. Ward (Black Dagger Brotherhood anyone?!?)

Black Dagger Brotherhood for life! I think I have re-read them 10 or more times!

@cricket99 - have you started Burbon Kings yet?
    N (2004)A (2007), N (2010), and L (due 1/2016)
  • Options
    cyanopecyanope member
    edited August 2015
    How did I miss this thread?!? Probably because I've been out of town for most of the summer. I know it's pretty much dead now, but I HAD to add some of my favorites that weren't on the list (although, if some of these were mentioned, I apologize!!)... 1. ANYTHING by Kate Morton. One of my favorite authors. Her books are so intricate, with well-developed characters, and there is ALWAYS a twist that I never see coming. My favorite is "The Secret Keeper." It jumps around from WWII to the 1950s, to modern day, and is, at its core, a mystery centered around an old family secret that needs to be unraveled. 2. I'm not a huge Kristin Hannah fan, but her newest book "The Nightengale" is so freaking fantastic! It tells the story of two sisters who were in German occupied France during WWII, and how they, in their own ways, fought back. 3. I also LOVE Susanna Kearsley. "The Firebird" is my fave. I tried to write a description of her books, but they're hard to classify, so here's a description written in her own words: "I write modern gothic novels that blend historical adventure and modern-day suspense with romance and a touch of something spooky, so they don't fit neatly into any category, really...but they're fun to write!" 4. If you're into raunchy, paranormal romance, then Karen Marie Moning is a must. Her "Fever" series is kind of my guilty pleasure!! 5. I don't know if Stephanie Perkins was mentioned. She writes YA romance novels that I think are super cute!! "Anna and the French Kiss" is my favorite. 6. I also love anything by Rainbow Rowell, but I think someone mentioned her. Everyone gushes over "Eleanor and Park," but I actually like "Attachments" and "Landline" better. 7. Okay, I'm going overboard, but I have to mention "All the Light We Cannot See" by Anthony Doerr. Also a WWII book that jumps from the perspective of a German boy, to a blind Parisian girl. Probably one of the most beautifully written books I have EVER read in my life. The metaphors will leave you speechless. I'm done...even though I have so many more I want to mention. I don't really stick to any particular genre, so if anyone wants any more reccomendations for a particular genre, let me know!!
  • Options
    @leap_frog No, I haven't started it yet, but I can't wait!!! I actually just found out about Bourbon Kings right before we went on vacation, so I intend to order it soon :)
  • Options
    denaeb said:

Good evening ladies. Long time lurker, occasional poster...but you have started a conversation I can't just lurk in. I'm an obsessive reader.

A few of my favourites include:
    1. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. It's fantasy, and romance and the imagery is like nothing I have ever read before. I wish they would make it into a movie but also fear they would butcher it.
    2. Pillars of the Earth and A World Without End by Ken Follet. They're not technically a series but take place in the same place in two different time periods. Historical fiction.
    3. I've just started the Century trilogy (also Ken Follet) and can tell I'm going to love it.
    4. The GoT series. What's not to love there.

I can't wait to check out some of the titles you ladies have mentioned.

I just finished reading The Night Circus because of your recommendation here. Thank you so much, it was an amazing story!! :D
  • Options
    ntyravgspntyravgsp member
    edited August 2015
    Also more along the fiction/fantasy genre, collaborations by Molly Cochran & Warren Murphy - World Without End (supernatural, Atlantis & Greek mythology elements), and The Forever King (King Arthur).
    Eta just looked one of them up in the library catalog and saw they are considered YA fiction. @vvitchhazel maybe you've heard of them?