Pregnant after 35

What's the secret to making your relationship work?

Whether you're still a newlywed or you've been married 10, 15 or even more years, we bet you've learned a lot about what makes love last. For an upcoming article on TheKnot.com, we're looking for married Bumpies to share their words of relationship wisdom. 

Send us a sentence or two explaining your philosophy or best advice, along with your first name and how long you've been married and you may be included in the story! 

Please respond by 7/29 to editorial@xogrp.com and use the subject line Marriage Advice.

Re: What's the secret to making your relationship work?

• My name is Quiana. Married for almost 8 years. Wanted to call it quits several times but this has kept me thus far. My philosophy: Making a decision and sticking to it. You don't really know anyone until you've spent a lifetime with them and it takes a lifetime to be able to do that. This comment does not apply to those in abusive relationships unless you want it to. As we move forward in our marriage, we begin to learn so much more about our spouses; information we did not know before marriage. The decision was already made after "I Do" so how do I deal with and incorporate this new information into our lives? The question should not be "Should I stay or leave?". It should be "What can I or we do with this new information to GROW, MATURE and STRENGTHEN our marriage?" Making a decision and sticking to it. Of course that is easier said than done.
  • I'm kara and my husband michael and I are high school sweethearts. We've been together for 19 years! ❤️ I would say the secret is talking talking and more talking. We never assume what the other is thinking/feeling. We actually sit down and talk! I am more invested and in love with this amazing man than I was all those years ago. There've been tough times. We use The Love Dare devotion as our relationship medicine to encourage us to continue to put one another first.