July 2015 Moms

How long did labor last for FTMs

2»

Re: How long did labor last for FTMs

• 24 hours and a hour and a half of pushing
  • emuangelemuangel member
    edited July 2015
    Last week water broke at 37 w 1 day. Water broke at 5:20pm, pushed for almost 2-2.5 hours, and baby boy was born at 3:39am. So about a 9.5 hour labor. I had felt a couple cramps about an hour or two before water broke but didn't think they were contractions, because I had felt them for about a week once or twice a day only.
  • Loading the player...
  • 21 hours. Contractions started at 2 am. Went to hospital at 8 am. They broke my water at 10 am. Waited to fully dilate, started pushing at 6:45 pm. Pushed for over 4 hours before I had a breakdown and cried hysterically at which point they had to take her out with forceps. Puked once during pushing, once right after she came out, then again about an hour later. Lost a lot of blood. It was not enjoyable. But doc said my scenario is really rare and she hasn't seen anyone push for that long.
  • I was in labor for 10 hours total but over 4 of those hours were just pushing! I dilated super fast and then struggled to push the baby out. They finally insisted on using a vacuum to help and he popped out shortly after that!
  • My water broke around 1pm and contractions started about an hour later. I was in L and D at 4pm and was already fully dilated. I don't know how long labor would have lasted in total as I went for elective c section at that point(personal reasons I had no plans for a vaginal delivery) but I was essentially ready to start pushing 3.5 hours after water broke. It was ridiculously fast and the nurse in triage asked how many kids I had already had since they hadn't seen a FTM go that fast. I don't think that's the usual from what I hear.
  • I had contractions for 3 days until I finally went to the hospital due to vomiting. I think my body had gone into shock. My contractions were never consistent enough for my doctor to admit me. When I arrived, I was 3 CM dilated. My water broke about 6 hours later. I got an epi at 7 CM because I had back labor. All of my contractions were in my tailbone, not abdomen. (I had progressed rather quickly after my water broke). I had 12 hours of active labor.
  • My appointment was Thursday at 9 pm. My induction started at midnight with a pill (can't remember the name) on my cervix to efface me at 11 pm. I finally had my baby at 12:17 AM saturday. I was in labor about 24 hours
  • 19 hours total for an all-natural birth

12 hours to efface, no dilation
    ~5 hours to dilate to 10cm
    7 pushes
  • mers90mers90 member
    With my first I started having mild constant contractions at around 7pm Saturday and at 10am Sunday I called my doctor and we arrived at the hospital at 12pm and he was born at 3:27pm. So I was in the hospital for a little over 3 hours, but my labour lasted 20 hours.
  • I live an hour from where I was supposed to deliver, so they told me to come when contractions were 5-7 min apart. I got to the hospital at 7 on 7/17 and was 2cm dilated when I arrived to maternity triage. They kept me for 4 hours to watch my cervix & I had no progress. I had the whole first time mom rant from all of the staff & assured I'd make it back or not go into labor until days later. Got some rest on the ride home & while back at home. Contractions got stronger around 5pm, sat in the tub for an hour & half. By 8, I knew things picked up and LO wasn't waiting too much longer. By 8:30 it was apparent I wasn't making it to my OB & we enjoyed taking the ambulance to a closer hospital. By 9:45 they were prepping & checking me & I was 8cm. At 10, I was 8.5/9 and got a saddle block. After it kicked in & they had everything set up, it was 10:45 & after 3 pushes LO entered this world at 11:02.
  • 5 days of active labor (contractions 3-5 mins apart) and 5 minutes of pushing
  • 8 hours of total labor and 10min of pushing. My epidural didn't work. :( but all worth it in the end to meet my baby girl born on July 1st
  • 4 hours of labor and 20 min of pushing. My baby girl was 8.9 Ibs and 21 inches. Had an all natural birth :)
  • 30 hours with 4 hours of pushing...sorry :( Hope yours is quick!
  • 23 hours of labor and 1 1/2 hours of pushing.
  • 32 hours from the time consistent contractions were going, 1.5 of pushing (after being pretty much a 10 except for a "lip" of cervix which delayed pushing for 3+ hours). Long and exhausting, but worth every bit when I saw my son!
  • I was in labor for 10 hours. Pushed for 15 minutes. It was amazing.
  • I was not induced. My water broke at 7:30 pm, contractions began around midnight, I pushed for about an hour, and my son was born at 10:01 am the next morning.
  • I was induced at 40+1, not dilated at all..the fluid was low so that's why I was induced. Took my first miso pill at 10 am, then a double dose of that at 2:30 pm. Had her at 6:48 am the next day with 40 minutes of pushing.. About 21 hours of labor.
  • I was scheduled to be induced on my 41 week mark and ended up going into labor 5 hours before I was supposed to get induced. I was still given the pitocin to help spped labor up but I was in labor for 15 hours. I was 3cm and 80% effaced when I went into labor. Good luck momma, it is the best thing in the world.