April 2015 Moms

Rolling Over

My LO will be 3 months on Thursday and she hasn't rolled over yet (from her stomach or her back). I know all babies are different, just curious as to how other babies her age are doing!

Re: Rolling Over

• RSupryRSupry member
    My son was 3 months 3 days ago and he just rolled front to back unassisted for the first time yesterday.
  • lmk115lmk115 member
    My son has once, and it was the slowest roll ever haha. He pretty much accidentally got from is belly to his side, and then could finish the roll from there. I practice with him, helping a little, but he seems to have no interest in it if I'm not trying to move him. I'm not too worried, he is holding his head up pretty well and does well with other physical milestones. 3 months is the early side of that milestone, so I wouldn't worry too much.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks! She is holding her head up pretty well (still a little wobbly, which I think is normal), but she also has hardly any interest in tummy time or trying to roll over. She has lots of time on her play mat, but is just content to lay there!
  • kperrokperro member
    My little guy rolled front to back for the first time at 11 weeks, if we do tummy time at a certain time of day he seems to do it
  • ryli77ryli77 member
    My LO is 3 1/2 months and has no interest in rolling over. She is a tummy sleeper, has excellent/strong head control, spends plenty of time on her tummy and her back, but just doesn't care to roll over. I show her how to roll both ways and help her which she thinks is fun
  • Brayden will be three months on Thursday. He has accidentally rolled from his stomach to his back on a few occasions. He hasn't shown much interest either in rolling over. I've been practicing with him during tummy time which will hopefully help but I'm trying to go with him at his own pace.
  • My little girl had been rolling from
    Back to front and then back again for a couple weeks now...she is very wiggly!
  • My baby is also 3 months, For tummy time does y'alls baby hold her head up on her own? I have to position her arms and elbows under her so she'll hold her head up. Over all her head control is still a little wobbly.

But my baby hasn't rolled over yet.
  • My baby started at 2 1/2 months but she doesn't do it all the time. And it's the slowest roll ever haha
  • DD is almost 15 weeks and is rolling from back to front but not the other way yet
  • DD is 15 weeks and just rolled over the first time Wednesday at the doctors office. She's been congested so we took her in and had her lying on the table with her head elevated on the pillow. DH was messing around rolling her over and all of a sudden, she did it on her own. The incline helped because her head is so big, having it off the table but still supported allowed her to get the rest of her body turned over and the head followed. But our doctor said it's nothing to worry about yet. He said he'd have started to get worried if she was 6 months and still not rolling over.
  • My LO will only roll over if she is mad and frustrated with tummy time, and has been doing that since about 9 weeks. If she has happy, she will have nothing to do with actually moving and will lay there and coo, but if we put her down for tummy time and she is tired, she will fuss and kick herself over and start crying. But all milestones go based off the individual baby, so maybe try tummy time when you know s/he is more active?
  • My LO just likes to fall asleep on her tummy, she's very strong great head control she will even grab fingers and sit up and then stand up, but no rolling over, she will roll onto her side but doesn't get how to get all the way over yet, she's 14 weeks and I'm not too concerned
  • Bruns3Bruns3 member
    My LO is 15 weeks and hasn't rolled just yet on her own. She did it once accidentally. She has great head control and dies great with tummy time but all she does right now is turn her body completely around when on the mat.
  • borgie05borgie05 member
    edited July 2015
    My LO rolled over at 2 months... he's been very active since pretty much day 1. BUT every baby is different. I know others who's baby first rolled over at 4 and 5 months. My niece was way behind on rolling over, crawling, walking, etc but just remember they all catch up in the end! She'll be 3 years old next month and is one of the brightest and sweetest little girls I know ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS is 16 weeks old and just started rolling over a week ago. He's done it by accident and with assistance previously, but it's taken a long time to be able to do it on his own. I saw somewhere that they start rolling over anywhere from 2 1/2 to 5 months. I briefly freaked out when he turned 3 months old and hadn't gotten it, but then realized that there is a very wide window for "normal." Your LO is totally fine.
  • Thanks you all! She did great on tummy time today and rolled over for the first time!!
  • Tummy time!