October 2015 Moms

How do you spell this name Nika or Neeka?

manaekbmanaekb member
edited June 2015 in October 2015 Moms
My husband and I are both persian. We want to give our daughter a short cute persian name. We like (Nika) Neeka a lot. This name Usually is spelled Nika, but with this spelling people can't pronounce it right. So we thought we would spell it "Neeka." It means goodness in Persian. What do you think?

Re: How do you spell this name Nika or Neeka?

• bbiutmcphbbiutmcph member
    edited June 2015
    Always stick with the real spelling. Correcting someone on pronunciation once is better than a lifetime of explaining and spelling out your uniquely spelled name IMO

• You'll have to correct it but i think Nika looks better. It's very pretty.
  • Loading the player...
  • cmjn94cmjn94 member
    Nika. I pronounced it "neeka" on instinct so hopefully you won't have too much trouble.
  • I work at an orthodontist office...I can tell you the kids whose parents gave them names that are mispronounced get so annoyed. I have vowed to not give our kid a name that can get butchered. Nika will get a lot of "Ny-Kah". If you're ok with that then stick to it, this is just my opinion.
  • I have a friend who spells it Nneka.
  • When I saw Nika I pronounced it "neeka" and I agree with pp to stick to original spelling. Nika is beautiful.
  • I feel like altering the spelling of a name takes away from the meaning. Go with Nika. :)