November 2015 Moms

two buns in the oven

2»

Re: two buns in the oven

• Ivyblue92 said:

Wait.. Hold up, stop right there!!
    Am I reading this right. You've found out your having twins but your not telling your Husband till you go into labour?
    That is absurd. He is the father of your children & has a right to know. The fact your sister knows before your husband to me is a bit disrespectful. If I were your husband & I found out someone knew before I did I'd be most upset. I guess you know him best & will know how he'd react.
    I know if I kept that from my OH & told a family member before him he'd be pissed.

Also, in your plan, at what point does he find out? If he is planning to be in the delivery room, he will surely find out before the surprise baby is born... And probably because a doctor or nurse will say something about the fact that you'll be delivering twice. Even if I thought surprise itself were a good idea, I still don't see any conceivable way for you to pull this off.
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • Wasn't going to say anything but I just can't leave it. I don't know how things work where you live but I can say with almost 100% confidence this won't work, and when he does find out he is probably going to be a little more than pusses that you kept an entire child a secret. Unless you are planning on keeping him away from every single appointment from now to the delivery and also not letting him in the delivery room he will find out. No doctor/ nurse/ midwife/ doula is going to "play along" with this foolishness. During the delivery alone they will have 2 places ready for the babies etc and they are not going to lie if there are medical issues just for your benefit. Have fun with the aftermath of such a fun surprise.
  • Loading the player...
  • This idea is so not fetch.. DO NOT KEEP THIS FROM YOUR HUSBAND!!!! That's got to be the craziest idea ever.. My husband would go BSC if I kept something this big and important from him.. There are also some holes in your story.. A post awhile back I mentioned that this happened to my brother 15 YEARS ago.. It just seems like your trying to turn MY brothers story into your own.. Not cool..
  • kmd91kmd91 member

This idea is so not fetch.. DO NOT KEEP THIS FROM YOUR HUSBAND!!!! That's got to be the craziest idea ever.. My husband would go BSC if I kept something this big and important from him.. There are also some holes in your story.. A post awhile back I mentioned that this happened to my brother 15 YEARS ago.. It just seems like your trying to turn MY brothers story into your own.. Not cool..

I was thinking exactly this, but didn't recall who posted it or really any frame of reference other than that I remembered reading someone years and years ago had the "extra arm on the ultrasound" thing happen. I couldn't help but think maybe this post was inspired by the idea of that happening. I'm not saying that this post is 100% certainly just made up for attention, but given the likelihood of this happening in this day and age, paired with the fact that this is a repeat of a previously told story. Then top that off with the cherry of "and I'm not even going to tell my husband it's twins!" I find myself struggling to believe there's any truth here other than maybe that she's pregnant with a boy and they'd hoped for a girl. That part could always be true.
  • kmd91 said:

This idea is so not fetch.. DO NOT KEEP THIS FROM YOUR HUSBAND!!!! That's got to be the craziest idea ever.. My husband would go BSC if I kept something this big and important from him.. There are also some holes in your story.. A post awhile back I mentioned that this happened to my brother 15 YEARS ago.. It just seems like your trying to turn MY brothers story into your own.. Not cool..

I was thinking exactly this, but didn't recall who posted it or really any frame of reference other than that I remembered reading someone years and years ago had the "extra arm on the ultrasound" thing happen. I couldn't help but think maybe this post was inspired by the idea of that happening. I'm not saying that this post is 100% certainly just made up for attention, but given the likelihood of this happening in this day and age, paired with the fact that this is a repeat of a previously told story. Then top that off with the cherry of "and I'm not even going to tell my husband it's twins!" I find myself struggling to believe there's any truth here other than maybe that she's pregnant with a boy and they'd hoped for a girl. That part could always be true.

It was on a post called "possible to miss a twin on an ultrasound?" It just seems way to similar and is missing details.. Especially since they were going on an arm?!?!? I guess that baby does have a vagina on her arm @Laura&brad1
  • kmd91 said:

It was on a post called "possible to miss a twin on an ultrasound?" It just seems way to similar and is missing details.. Especially since they were going on an arm?!?!? I guess that baby does have a vagina on her arm @Laura&brad1
    When I was pregnant with twins, they missed the second baby on the first two u/s. However, my pregnancy before that was achieved by IVF so they were surprised that I was pregnant at all, let alone looking for two sacks. However, I have a lot of early ultrasounds and knew that we had two in there from before eight weeks. But this brings up a great point!

OP, when you had your first US via your belly, how did you not see two sacks? Having been pregnant with twins myself, it was quite evident that there were two there from very early on.

Please tell your husband! Not telling him is not a surprise that I would want to get!
  • I have six cinnabuns in the oven

torture!! I've been craving cinabon like no other lately. We are friends right ;) I can trade cupcakes or something else delicious!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Luckyyyy!!!!
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18

Oh dear god you are a lucky lady right now.
  • urby87urby87 member
    edited June 2015
    Elyse1384 said:
    I have six cinnabuns in the oven
    Oh dear... now I can't get any work done.  All I can think about are warm, delicious, amazeballs cinnabons

You ladies and your gifs, ugh!  I might need to make a trip to the mall today...
  • What's MUD? :-?
  • mollynap said:
    What's MUD? :-?
    "Made Up Drama"
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ceridwen77Ceridwen77 member
    edited June 2015

Elyse1384 said:

Oh dear... now I can't get any work done.  All I can think about are warm, delicious, amazeballs cinnabons

----quote fail
    Between this and the grilled cheese gif - I am set for life. I need all the buns in my oven.
  • Elyse1384 said:

OMG..!!! I so want one of those right now.
  • I knew it was going to be dangerous coming back to this thread!
    Now all I want is a cinnamon roll! Screw the Thai food I just ordered!
  • Thanks to this thread I went and bought giant cinnamon rolls.. They are baking in the oven.. I also now have a 12 pack of tacos from Taco Bell for me and my baby boy to eat!!! Yumm yummmmmm
  • Food hijack! Lol

I thought you meant you are pregnant with sextuplets. I almost called you out on MUD!
  • I sincerely hope this is MUD...

How are you gonna *sneak* two car seats in the car, two cribs in the room and 2 sets of newborn clothes in the closet?
    TTC since 12/2014
  • VexyMommy said:

Someone mentioned Thai food.  It is 7:17am here and all I want is Tom Ka. . .

Yesss! I ordered Thai last night for dinner. It was amazing... But, definitely no cinnamon roll.
    I love coconut broth soups. Tom yum is spicy and amazing, too. Best thing ever for being sick!
  • Congrats on twins that is so exciting!:)  With twins comes more risk and a high chance you will have the babies a few weeks early.  He needs to be prepared for that so he can have his business at a stopping point at a certain point in your pregnancy (just in case)!  As great as it would be to be able to surprise him, I think it would be best to tell him so he can mentally prepare:)  Just my thoughts, I know my husband would want to know!:)
  • Best thai food hands down is Teton thai in Wyoming!!! Mmmmmmmn