February 2016 Moms
Options

Can we get some positivity on here?

Seems that tempers are flaring (thanks hormones) and there's a lot of ranting and just being all around negative. Anyone have anything good happen recently that we can celebrate?

Married.....09/08/2012
Baby F.......02/02/2016

Re: Can we get some positivity on here?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Very cute @HBirdie. This is my first time around and other then a slight aversion to meat and soar boobs and tiredness, at 9 weeks I have no weight gain, nausea!! Plus me and my husband are planning to tell family's over the 4th, first grandchild on both sides of the family! Yippee
  • Options
    Thank you for a positive board!  One reason I didn't want to get on message boards like this was because of ranting and negativite.  I finally got to tell my mom yesterday that I'm pregnant!  She tried to offer me her rare ahi at lunch and I couldn't hold it in any longer when I turned it down.  I wanted to wait until my first thorough appointment next week, but the cat is out of the bag...at least to her...and to all of you ;)  I'm horrible at keeping secrets from my mom but I'm really happy she knows.  Only about a week to go until my appointment!
  • Options
    This is going to be a great week, H took the girls to our summer home for the week which means I get 3 entire evenings to myself to do whatever I want! This is a big deal y'all. :)

Also, we have our first ultrasound on Thuraday morning which I've been very patiently waiting for. As much of a blessing my twins were, I'm kinda hoping there's just one this time. Ya know...to experience something different.
  • Options
    And I'm so sorry I seriously offended some of you. I can't stand that shit now, and I won't be able to tolerate it when you all start posting ultrasounds and saying, I know it's early, but what do you think my baby is? So far it's healthy, that's what matters, not what's between its legs
  • Options

If you think this board has been bad, you may all be better off on another site. This has been seriously tame so far.

While I agree with this, I don't think there is anything wrong with a positive post thread.
  • Options
    I'm taking dd to the park today if it's not too hot.
  • Options
    Thank goodness there are other people that feel the same way. Every time I log on here it is such a Debbie Downer lately. There's a "bi%^& post" for every single day. I realize that everyone needs to vent, but it seems like that is all that is happening on here lately. Hoping that this board makes a turn around soon and we become a more positive and supportive community. No need to be rude to each other and put others down when they post something or make a comment. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Such a cute kitten @HBirdie!! But I may be biased..he looks a lot like mine hehe!:)
    My happy this week is that yesterday we announced the pregnancy to my parents! I was nervous because it's still early, but they are my parent and I felt they should know ! :) They were super excited and happy for us! I'm excited to finally be able to talk about it a bit more!! Also excited for the first appointment on Friday, I already have a growing list of questions ^^
  • Options
    LMMamaLMMama member
    It's a holiday weekend so I'm off on Friday! I made it through two weddings last weekend. We told one of my BF's best friends that I'm pregnant on Friday night and he got so excited and teary eyed. I get my ultrasound in a week!
  • Options
    My happy this week is that there is no work on Friday! Woohoo!!! Happy Birthday America! DH has to work all weekend (law enforcement officer) but DS and I are going to see fireworks and eat BBQ. Yum!

• Options
    MrsJG3MrsJG3 member
    bookqueen said:

So this thread was supposed to be positive yet there's a bunch of complaining about how other people prefer to follow the guidelines?? Okay..

Right?
    DD: 8  DD: 3.5  DS:18M
    Baby #4 Due: 2/4/2016
    Feb16 August Siggy Challenge
    Favorite TV Mom

• Options
    Happy that it's a short work week and I just hit 8 weeks! Unfortunately the morning sickness has also hit me, I feel like I have a constant low grade hangover lol but I have already found the cure, a handful of granola once an hour :) a plus when it's mixed in my yogurt!

Staying positive!!!
  • Options
    Toddler keeps putting toys and things into the wrong containers . It's so cute I feel he is learning about size and shape and what fits etc. I don't mind pulling play food out of his school bus when it gets stuck, or farm animals or of his clothes drawers. Also, he is playing independently which I feel like is a good milestone or something ! They are so fun at this age!
  • Options
    I actually stopped coming here because the negative responses have been totally ridiculous. Is it that serious? It's a pregnancy site!
  • Options
     I'm all for venting, but it just seems like all this board is and reading everyone's gripes is kind of irritating when we have the weekly threads where it's supposed to go and new threads started to complain. I guess I'm of the mindset that if you throw out your annoyances into the world that's all you're going to get back. It just makes me a cranky person. I dunno. I just wanted to read something where someone wasn't bitching about something..

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • Options
    This board is MUCH different than my May 2012 board was. We all supported one another and listened when someone needed support but there wasn't a daily negative gripe fest. Pregnancy is supposed to be a great thing and I am here to enjoy it with all of you. I understand that we all will have complaints about this and that However, we don't need to share every time our feelings are hurt. Further more, we don't need to correct or redirect others 24/7, if there is already a board about that topic that is great but don't feel like you should police every post. 

On a happy note, I went to the doctor today and they confirmed what I already knew, I am in fact pregnant. I go back on July 9th for my nurse follow up and to schedule the first ultrasound. 
  • Options
    I am almost 9 weeks. We leave for vacation in a week and a half and even though we opted out of fireworks this year (in favor of a family vacation), my parents just sent us money to get some anyway. We always have a big family get together for the 4th and my younger siblings birthday party. For the last 4 years my husband and I have supplied fireworks for a big display since they live in the country and the small town display gets crowded and isn't usually worth it. It made me feel good that my parents enjoy it so much they were willing to fund it this year just so it would still happen.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thank you! I was thinking the same thing! It's almost as if some people really get off on being rude and hateful. If this board is tame then I feel sorry for some of the other ones. As far as saying it's just the way of the Bump!?! Well I think that's ridiculous and people should hold themselves to higher standards! Especially moms! We need to raise our kids to be loving and compassionate individuals. Thanks to all those who are supportive and positive.
  • Options
    No nausea yet today, thank goodness! I'm also excited for the 4th of July! My hubby will have 4 days off. :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    KaitM5KaitM5 member
    Not so nauseous this morning!!! My mom is coming out tomorrow and we're road tripping back to MN with my daughters and dogs. Great week :)
  • Options
    BumpCaitlinBumpCaitlin admin
    edited June 2015
    Hi all,

Maintaining a welcoming environment in the community is something we take very seriously. We welcome debate and engaging dialogue from all perspectives here. We do not tolerate bullying. If you feel you’ve experienced bullying within the community,

Please:
    - Flag comments that violate our TOU by using the “Report a TOU Violation” feature below posts
    - Send a Private Message to @BumpTara or @BumpCaitlin describing your concerns or send an email to communitybump@xogrp.com and include links to any threads that you are concerned about so we can properly investigate.

Please do not:
    - Post on the boards about your grievances with the community or individual members. Doing so tends to result in unproductive arguments among members and escalates situations.

By flagging posts that violate the TOU and sharing your concerns directly with our moderators, we are able to address issues promptly and properly.

We will be closing this thread for further comments. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"