June 2015 Moms
Options

Where is your baby sleeping?

2»

Re: Where is your baby sleeping?

• Options
    She slept like a freaking angel in her brand new swing (thank you God and fisher price for this beautiful creation) during witching hour.

At first she kept trying to be her usual busy bee self watching the mobile but eventually passed out.

She went down in her pack and play without too much of a fight tonight. Hoping for a good night!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    rolson8947rolson8947 member
    edited July 2015
    Since I am still camping out in the living room, I decided to bring the pack n play downstairs today and try to use that instead of the rock n play. We have the pack n play that has the little newborn napper thing on top so I'm going to try that out tonight. She has been pretty fussy this evening though so I'm not sure how it will go. The rock n play has been great, but leaving her in it all night makes me feel bad because sometimes I notice she is trying to stretch out her legs, but she can't because the incline of the rock n play makes her slide down in it and her legs bunch up. I do like that it's inclined though because I'm always afraid she is going to spit up or something and aspirate. Sometimes we co-sleep and it's amazing because I actually sleep and she sleeps better too, but I'm going to try to avoid it. Any suggestions on good noise makers? I feel like whenever I do move our sleeping arrangement upstairs then I will need some kind of noise machine for her.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Since I am still camping out in the living room, I decided to bring the pack n play downstairs today and try to use that instead of the rock n play. We have the pack n play that has the little newborn napper thing on top so I'm going to try that out tonight. She has been pretty fussy this evening though so I'm not sure how it will go. The rock n play has been great, but leaving her in it all night makes me feel bad because sometimes I notice she is trying to stretch out her legs, but she can't because the incline of the rock n play makes her slide down in it and her legs bunch up. I do like that it's inclined though because I'm always afraid she is going to spit up or something and aspirate. Sometimes we co-sleep and it's amazing because I actually sleep and she sleeps better too, but I'm going to try to avoid it. Any suggestions on good noise makers? I feel like whenever I do move our sleeping arrangement upstairs then I will need some kind of noise machine for her.

We have the portable homedics mybaby soundspa on the go ... Love it for travel!
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0097D4ZMU/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1436148717&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=baby+sound+machine&dpPl=1&dpID=41Chu6CK-1L&ref=plSrch

In the nursery/our room we use the munchkin nursery projector and sound system and love it as well!
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006SFUEF2/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?qid=1436148717&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=baby+sound+machine&dpPl=1&dpID=31uSsjIHdjL&ref=plSrch
    IVF #1 September 2014 - Transferred one 5-day blast : BFN
    FET #1 October 2014 - Transferred two 5-day blasts: BFP!!
    << Due July 10, 2015 with our first baby! >>

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Pack n play or held by me during the day. He doesn't sleep that well in the pack n play though unless he's really zonked out from a large feeding. I recently recovered my leg movement enough to resume sleeping in our bed, so for the past few nights he's been sleeping between us in bed. That was the plan before I had my complication, and he does sleep better that way! Usually sleeps for two sessions of 2 and a half to three hrs each, while I sleep, with one feeding in between. Before I could lay down in bed, I really struggled since breastfeeding made me so sleepy I was worried I'd fall asleep sitting up and drop him:( I still can't do the side lying position comfortably though so even in bed, I have to sit up to actually nurse him. He wakes up frequently when not close to us.
  • Options
    btm013btm013 member
    coopmke said:

For those of you who have babies sleeping in rock n plays or the swing ... Did you talk to your pedi about them? I heard they were unsafe due to incline/not flat surface? Any advice? I am desperate for sleep but also so paranoid and filled with anxiety!

My pediatrician is the one who recommended it! Sleep soundly mama!
  • Options
    Crib. Hated the bassinet for some reason.
  • Options
    We've finally started using the bassinet. The first half of the night that works, then if she's gassy, I move her to the bouncy seat next to the bed. Although currently she is sleeping on my chest.
  • Options
    My LO sleeps either on dad or on me at night. During the day she sleeps in the Pack N Play peferctly. But at night even if I try and put her in there its like she knows what im trying to do, I cant even put her close to it before she goes off. But she has her days where she just wants to be close to one of us during the day which I dont mind at all.
  • Options
    My LO is 10 days old and since the day she was born would not sleep anywhere she couldn't hear my heartbeat. After a feeding she falls asleep on me or whoever is feeding her. My parents can put her down during the day into her bassinet but whenever I try she wakes right up and gets fussy. I'm not worried about it for now, my SO and I both snore so if she can sleep through that we can certainly sleep through her newborn noises. Plus it makes it easier to feed during the night if I feel something stirring in my arms or on my chest than straining to listen over SO's snoring and the box fan we have going at night.
  • Options
    LO sleeps in the bassinet in our room. I'm thinking of trying naps in his crib mostly because he isn't sleeping much during the day. He sleeps at night like a champ. Usually between 6-7 hours. I just need a daytime routine/schedule for him.
  • Options
    He sleeps in his rock and play beside my bed, with me, on me, basically anywhere we can get some sleep. He has colic though so he doesn't fall asleep before midnight. Ever. Which is getting sort of exhausting.
  • Options
    So we have been having LO sleep in her rock n play by our bed. And I've been hearing people say it's bad for their legs because they can't extend them well on an incline
    Any thoughts?!
  • Options
    LO has been sleeping in her bassinet but she GRUNTS like crazy, like to the point of waking herself up. She doesn't grunt when her paci is in... So last night we put her in her bouncy seat. Slept like a champ. DH doesn't want to keep her there for long & wants us to try the crib during the day to see if she grows out of the grunting.

We have friends with 3-6 month olds who slept in the rock n play & they told us they are having the hardest time transitioning to a flat bed now (I think I said this already in this thread). Otherwise they didn't hear any bad things about their legs from pedi.
    If you're getting sleep though - it's a successful night in my book.
  • Options

LO has been sleeping in her bassinet but she GRUNTS like crazy, like to the point of waking herself up. She doesn't grunt when her paci is in... So last night we put her in her bouncy seat. Slept like a champ. DH doesn't want to keep her there for long & wants us to try the crib during the day to see if she grows out of the grunting.

We have friends with 3-6 month olds who slept in the rock n play & they told us they are having the hardest time transitioning to a flat bed now (I think I said this already in this thread). Otherwise they didn't hear any bad things about their legs from pedi.
    If you're getting sleep though - it's a successful night in my book.

Blah I am worried about the transition. We have a bassinet and only tried it the first night home before I understood what her noises and grunts meant so I was worried she hated it so didn't use it more then 10 mins.
  • Options
    While ours sleeps in the rock n play at night (2 weeks old now) I have been trying to get her to nap in crib during the day. She absolutely hates it- falls asleep on me rocking then once I move her, she gets pissed. Hates being on her back.
  • Options
    We moved LO into the nursery last week - DH was back in work and couldn't sleep with the baby in the same room - he wakes for every little noise. I keep the baby monitor turned down low by my side of the bed, so I wake for crying but not for all his little coos and grunts. He sleeps in a bassinet- the crib was just too big for him - and he sleeps well, only for 2-3 hour stretches at night but he goes down very easily. The bassinet is on wheels so during the day I bring it into the living room (I try and keep a firm distinction between night and day so I keep him exposed to plenty of light and background noise) and he naps there.
  • Options
    katyertl said:

So we have been having LO sleep in her rock n play by our bed. And I've been hearing people say it's bad for their legs because they can't extend them well on an incline
    Any thoughts?!

I'm in the same boat. I've been using the napper thing on my pack n play some, but then I still use the rock n play. Last night I wanted to try putting her in the crib, but it's hard for me to not have her in the same room with me. My mom was the one that brought it to my attention about her not being able to extend her legs in the rock n play so I've been trying to not use it as much, but she sleeps the longest in that which means I get to sleep too, but at the same time I don't want to be putting her in something that isn't good to be putting her in...meh :-?
  • Options
    Success story: LO has been sleeping in a rock n play but last night we decided to try the crib. We all slept great! A 4.5 hour stretch and another 4. I'll take it! I guess the crib it is!