June 2015 Moms

Where is your baby sleeping?

Once home, where is your LO sleeping at night?

Mine doesn't want to sleep in bassinet or the rock in a play, she stays in there for about 5 minutes before getting angry. She loves to be on Mom or Dad...

Re: Where is your baby sleeping?

• In our bed. DS loses his mind if we try to put him down by himself.
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • Our pack in play has a bassinet where lo sleeps
    . If you have a swing you could try that! Or bouncer our lo loves both of those.
  • Loading the player...
  • ksimo6ksimo6 member
    Rock n play or with me.
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• At first he slept for a couple hours in the pack n play after each feeding. We got spoiled thinking it would always be like this. Now he's not happy unless he's sleeping with one of us. I'm on the couch and I've tried having him sleep on me but couldn't find a safe and comfortable position. So now after feeding he's sleeping with daddy in the bed. DH amazed me last night by actually getting him to sleep after hours of crying and feeding every 20 min or so.
  • My LO sleeps in her rock n play (if I'm lucky) or on my chest. Last night I let her sleep between my legs...I've been sleeping on the couch. My mom and my SO can put her in her rock n play and she stays sound asleep, but I'm lucky if I get her in it without her waking up...it's like she knows I'm putting her down :((
  • Pack n play at night. He has spent a few hours in bed with me if he falls asleep during side laying feeds. He naps in he swing sometimes because it's in the living room. And being able to keep an eye on him and my toddler at the same time is easier than running back and forth to the bedroom.
  • aj1327aj1327 member

Our pack in play has a bassinet where lo sleeps
    . If you have a swing you could try that! Or bouncer our lo loves both of those.

This is where ours sleeps too. During the day he naps in our arms or in the rock and play in the living room.
  • Moses bassinet, or in our bed or on me.
  • btm013btm013 member
    He usually sleeps in his Rock and Play but we are really trying to get him comfortable in his crib. Anytime he naps during the day we put him in there. We attempt to keep him in the crib the first few hours at night but after his feeding I put him in the rock and play. I like him being near me. We both sleep better!
  • Rock and play. Iwas worried about her not wanting to. Because we had such a hard time with our first DD she handed up cosleeping until 11 months, we didn't want to do that again. But so far Quinn does great in there.
  • Rock n play, but we are trying to use the crib for nap time
  • Swing or on my chest. It's been a long 3 weeks
  • In his bassinet at night. He doesn't care for his arms to be swaddled anymore so I leave his arms out but swaddle the rest of him and I still put a hat/beanie on him at night. They lose heat from their head and I feel it makes him feel more cozy.
  • Swaddled in the Rock and play or in the Boba wrap if all else fails..
  • We co-sleep in our bed.

Just a heads up, co-sleeping on a couch or chair is pretty dangerous and not advised.

https://www.askdrsears.com/topics/health-concerns/sleep-problems/sleep-safety/cosleeping-safely
  • We have a rocking cradle (eventually she'll go in the pack n' play, but even with it in our room it feels too far away for my comfort just yet) that stays close to my side of the bed that LO sleeps in half of the time, otherwise she sleeps on me in our bed because DH works overnight most of the week and LO sleeps better on me. It can be a little frustrating at times, but honestly, I would rather have her sleep on me instead of fussing and crying because she wants to be held which has been the trend the last couple of days due to thrush and being very gassy.
  • LO is 4 weeks old. She started in our room in a Moses bassinet. We moved her to the pack and play in her room across the hall after 1 week - we weren't getting any sleep given how loud every grunt was! We can hear her pretty well across the hall in her room so no issue there.

During the day she naps in her rock and play. We typically reserve the pack and play bassinet for nighttime. Sometimes I put her in the rock and play at night if she's spitting up too much.
  • DD sleeps in the bed with us or swaddled in her Rock n Play if we can manage to get her in there without waking. If you are a breast feeding mom, the book Sweet Sleep by the La Leche League is wonderful for setting your bed up for safe bed sharing. I was completely against having baby in bed, but I kept falling asleep nursing her and waking up terrified that I would smoother her. After reading that book (really just a chapter) I feel so much safer bed sharing and I love our nighttime snuggles and so does my husband. She sleeps so sweetly with us. At 10 days old we are not worrying about her going into her crib, right now it's about survival and staying sane and enjoying this fleeting newborn stage as much as possible.
  • thay33thay33 member
    In the basinet:)
  • She sleeps swaddled in the Rock n Play. LO will be about a month when we get back from our 4th of July trip to my parents (yes, we are insane and going to attempt an 8.5 hr road trip!!!) so we might work on the crib more once we get back. Since she's been pretty fussy at night though I figure why rush it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • In bed with us ( or just me). That was the plan all along
  • We intended to go right to the crib but DD freaked out. She either sleeps on me in the gliding recliner in her nursery or in thr bassinet attachment of the pack and play for now. Sometimes she naps in the boppy lounger. We'll try thr crib again in a few weeks.
  • In his crib most of the night but the crib is in the master bedroom (half of it is now converted to nursery and will stay that way until he's ready to share a room with big brother). He's up every 1.5 to 2 hours to feed and usually spends about 1/4 of the night sleeping in my arms in the bed.

Good nights he's just with me for feedings, bad nights he's in the crib for only an hour or two. Sometime the bad nights are because I keep falling asleep holding him upright for 10-20 minutes after each feed. Opps. He is almost 5 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • HoosOnFirstHoosOnFirst member
    edited June 2015

Since day 1 he's been in his crib and sleeps beautifully! He's 12 days old and sleeps for an average of 4-5 hours nurses for 25-30 mins and goes back down in his crib and it works perfectly!!

Am I the only one that actually puts him in his crib in his nursery down the hall??

Nope! LO is in the pack and play in her room across the hall from us. We'd never sleep over her squeaks and groans!

Although we never get 4/5 hour stretches. We all envy you!
  • Our LO sleeps in the rock n play which I have put right by the bed so I can keep an eye on him. We have tried the bassinet in the pack n play but he prefers the rock n play at this point. I also have to use the white noise app most of the time to help him fall asleep on his own in the rock n play.
  • krystleshelkrystleshel member
    edited June 2015
    We started out in the Moses basket by the bed & she was waking up all night fussing.
    Then i did a night or two with her on my chest on our reclining couch with the boppy under her (missed my DH).
    Thought about, sought advice, & tried for one sleep time the bouncy seat... She didn't like.
    Finally I researched some newborn sleeping things & decided to try a legit swaddle & the Moses basket again. IT WORKED (so far - as I am not so naive to believe it's gonna keep happening like the last two nights).
    DH & I were apprehensive about trying the swing or buying the Rock & Play bc we've had some friends with 3-6 month olds who've had trouble adjusting their LO to the crib since it's flat & those weren't.
    *ETA - words
  • After reading this thread I rush ordered a rock n play. Thanks ladies! My baby is still cookin'.
  • Pack n play "napper" right next to me.. But sometimes literally next to me :) (on boob)
  • In my arms or the little bed they provide at the hospital. We've been here five days. We may have to stay a week or two.
  • second night at home baby finally slept in bassinet for over an hour and a hf at a time after feeding. Each time I put her down and actually sleep I feel like it's time to eat again. Ended the morning giving her to DH to sleep with so I can get more than 2 hours shut eye in a row. She loves cuddling
  • Changing my answer based on the past two days:

In the Moby. Only. But mama better be standing up, or LO comes rushing out of that deep sleep to protest my sitting down on the job!!
  • LO sleeps in the bassinet part of the pack and play. He only wakes once a night to eat, and goes straight back to sleep. Let's hope that lasts...he will be a month old Sunday. This time is going too fast! We haven't tried his crib yet because it is upstairs on the other side of the house and I don't want to have to go up and down the stairs at night. One day, though.....
  • Rock n play or on my chest.
  • raheebraheeb member
    Swaddled, in his crib, in our room. He goes about 2.5-3 hours at a time during the night. Every early afternoon we get a glorious 4 hour stretch that mommy definitely takes advantage of.
  • MurLindzz said:

LO is only 9 days old, so I'm not someone who has enough experience to be giving advice but co-sleeping has been a life saver for us.

The first few nights I didn't sleep because he was cluster feeding, and he wouldn't settle unless he was latched. After a few days of that I would BF him in bed, wait until I was sure he was asleep for 30 minutes or so, then make my best effort to slowly put him in the bassinet beside our bed. It worked 50% of the time. When it didn't we would start the cycle all over again. I was exhausted and a hormonal sleep deprived mess.

The past few nights I've just been BF while laying on my side, and instead of tying to move him we're just co-sleeping in that position (tummy to tummy). The amount of sleep I'm getting has doubled (for now anyways! I know it's still early). He lightly wakes for feedings and I fall back asleep better without watching the clock or getting out of bed. It's not a good sleep, but not worrying about how I can get him back in that bassinet has been great.

I don't plan to keep up the co-sleeping long term, but until I have the energy and my virginia is more supportive of all the moving around required to getting in and out of bed, it's a short term fix that I'm thankful for.

There is lots of scary material online about it being unsafe, but lots of positive information as well. For other moms who are co-sleeping or considering it, I enjoyed this article.. https://www.askdrsears.com/topics/health-concerns/sleep-problems/co-sleeping-yes-no-sometimes

This is exactly what I did/am doing. The little one is a month old now though so I really need to start working on getting him to sleep elsewhere
  • For those of you who have babies sleeping in rock n plays or the swing ... Did you talk to your pedi about them? I heard they were unsafe due to incline/not flat surface? Any advice? I am desperate for sleep but also so paranoid and filled with anxiety!
    IVF #1 September 2014 - Transferred one 5-day blast : BFN
    FET #1 October 2014 - Transferred two 5-day blasts: BFP!!
    << Due July 10, 2015 with our first baby! >>

BabyFruit Ticker