April 2014 Moms

weird post partum body changes

So does anyone else have strange stuff happening to their bodies post-pregnancy?
Some of my eyebrow hairs are growing in whitish blonde...my eyebrows are dark brown...I look like I have holes in them now! And I have a new layer of hair coming in on my head!

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

Re: weird post partum body changes

• My hair is still falling out by the clumps. No joke, I have to clean out my hair brush after every use because it's so bad!!!! I already have thin hair, this is so bad that it's making me have bald spots :((
  • The hair regrowth is the worst. I have the really short hairs framing my face and there is no way to tame them. I also got a lot of skin tags during pregnancy. Afterwards, they started falling off on their own. Now I'm getting new ones with this pregnancy.
  • Loading the player...
  • I too have the hair halo...super annoying.
  • My hair is still falling out too. Not as bad as it was three months PP, but still worse than before I got pregnant.

My stomach was a little flabby before, but now the flab sits weird and hangs in two droops like a bum. It's hot. There will be no bikini happening this season (or probably ever again). Which sucks because I escaped stretch marks.
  • ksulliksulli member
    I dropped all the weight (yay!) and now have just skin there. It's not so bad standing or laying, but if I sit (or God forbid do push-ups) it hangs there really weirdly. I guess that's not an odd one giving that it had to accomodade a baby and all, but it's still kinda gross. Oddly I got zero stretch marks.

Also, whateve fool it is that says your boobs return to normal after pregnancy & BFing was a lying ass. These things are devastated.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
    Lacynduck
  • Oh yes! My boobs are horrible. I never understood when people described post-BFing boobs as pancakes, but sadly now I get it. I'm also having new baby hairs grow, but mine is just underneath in the back. My hair is overall straight, but these are like curly frizzy with no way of smoothing it. Since my hair is in a pony tail 9 days out of 10, they are pretty not pretty!
  • Def have the c-section flab. I just can't get rid of it. And the uneven and seriously squishy boobs can take a hike. I was a 34B before I got pregnant and I bitched about not having boobs. Now that I have them I want to send them right back. No thanks.
  • Yes to the two-droop tum that looks like a bum. Definitely not my fave. But oh well. Little man is worth it! Once we have another, though, I'll be looking up how to do exercises or something to help with that. Won't go so far as a tummy tuck or anything, but it'll become an area of concentration for sure. :)
  • I went back to prepregnancy body and weight with my first two after 4 and 6 months. However, I'm still holding onto 8 extra pounds and my hips widened a LOT with this third pregnancy. I'm still nursing, but when I finish, I'm sure they'll go back to tube socks with a tennis ball at the bottom, like they did after the other two. I've had three cavities and one root canal/crown since having baby #3. The only other cavity I've had in my life was right after my first baby and it was tiny. Wish we had chosen the good dental insurance plan now!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Got another- I definitely run hotter than I did before. It's 14c out and I'm sweating in my boots and sweater!
    Bperkun
  • I run way hotter too! I'm always turning the ac on and my hubby is pulling blankets over himself. It used to be the other way around!
    Bperkun
  • I run way hotter too! I'm always turning the ac on and my hubby is pulling blankets over himself. It used to be the other way around!

Me too! I used to always be cold. Now I am usually hot. And when I sweat it smells way worse than before I was pregnant. I wear clinical strength deodorant because I am paranoid about it.
  • Can I say spider veins?! I had a tendency to get spider veins before - I even had them as a teenager. But two pregnancies later, my legs are covered in them. I am seriously going to look into whatever they can do to get rid of them.
  • Can I say spider veins?! I had a tendency to get spider veins before - I even had them as a teenager. But two pregnancies later, my legs are covered in them. I am seriously going to look into whatever they can do to get rid of them.

YES. I actually just noticed some on my upper thighs the other day. And stretch marks on the insides of my upper thighs too! Either they just popped up or I've just never noticed them before. It never ends!