July 2015 Moms
Options

mucus plug to labor

I am 39+1 today lost a good amount of my mucus plug yesterday and lost even more of it today.. How long after you lost your plug did you go into labor?!

I hate to keep getting myself so excited but I'm so close and very ready to meet her.

Re: mucus plug to labor

• Options
    Lost mine over 2 weeks ago....! But I'm only 36.5 weeks
  • Options
    Ahhh! I'm so impatient. Lol I just wanna meet my baby!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lost mine over a week ago. I'm 38+2 now. I don't think it means much in terms of when labor will start. Though I'm so ready for it.
  • Options
    I'm 39 & 1 and started losing mine weeks ago. It can keep regenerating.
  • Options
    39 & 2. Lost it yesterday. Still pregnant. ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    mnj05mnj05 member
    I lost it twice with DS1, never went into active labor on my own.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• Options
    I heard from a L&D nurse that they don't really count that as a pre labor symptom because it can regenerate, and it doesn't necessarily mean you're going to go into labor soon. Some people never see theirs at all and go into labor. It's just one of those things where everyone is different, and there is literally no one for sure indication of labor except your water breaking. And even with that, some women never even have that happen naturally. Try not to drive yourself crazy with speculation, your baby will get here when they are ready :)

But to answer your question my sister lost hers and didn't go into labor for another couple of weeks.
  • Options
    I don't recall losing it at all with DD. With DS, I lost it at about 6am all at once and maybe an hour later I started feeling contractions that were the beginning of labor. He was born about 24 hours after I lost my mucus plug.
    Mama to two crazy kiddos
    J -- 9/04
    L -- 11/10
    E -- 7/15

• Options
    taruuhtaruuh member
    I lost mine on a Thursday night and woke up Friday morning and my water broke. Same thing happened 10 years ago with my DS.
  • Options
    Those of you who have lost your plug - did it all come off at once, or was it gradual?
  • Options
    I lost mine Wednesday morning and had my little princess Thursday afternoon
  • Options
    With my first baby I lost mine at 40 wks and when into labor immediately. So it just depends on the person. I'm 37 weeks 3 days and haven't lost mine yet. :(
  • Options
    I never noticed losing mine w my first. Sort of nervous about it happening this time to be honest!