Welcome to the February 2016 BMB! A few things for new members/posters:
A few helpful links:
Daily Symptom and Questions
Weekly Ticker Change
Bitch/Moan/Whine (BMW) Mondays
Twatwaffle (TW) Tuesdays
Hump Day Bump Day (a Wednesday post for bump pics - please don't post in your underwear or nude)
Throatpunch (TP) Thursdays
Unpopular Opinion (UO) Thursdays
Flame-Free Friday Confessions (FFFC) - Warning! Not necessarily flame-free!
Weekly Exercise Check In Sunday
1) If you've never posted on TB before, consider lurking for awhile before posting. Each board is a different community and has it's own atmosphere. Lurking helps you get a sense of what the board is like before you jump in. We kind of pride ourselves on the community we develop on our BMBs.
2) Please introduction before posting. It helps us get to know you and not think of you as a drive-by poster who post something and leaves. As I said, we really pride ourselves on our community, so posting an AW/SS thread when no one knows you probably isn't going to go over well.
3) Before you post a new thread, consider looking through a few pages or using the search function located at the bottom of the screen first. Many of us are going through the same things, so there isn't a reason to have 10 posts on the same thing. It just makes sense to have all of those responses together. If someone posts a redirect link to a different thread, don't get offended and please don't continue posting on the thread that has been redirected. And please, update in your original post, not a new one. We're just trying to make it easier for people to get the help and answers they need.
4) There are pinned posts for ultrasound pictures, introductions and due date lists. These will likely change over time (to probably include a gender thread and names thread).
5) Certain topics are very controversial, such as vaccinations, formula vs. BFing, birth method, circumcision, etc. There are other topics (such as gender guessing based on unproven or disproven methods) that tend to get incredibly heated. Keep that in mind when you're posting. We do all have different opinions and we are entitled to them, but understand that your opinion may different than that of others.
6) If you're responding to someone or talking about someone, either quote them or tag them in your reply. Otherwise they might not know who you're talking about or to.
7) Remember that this is the internet; there are actually real people posting here. Keep your tone in mind when you're posting to avoid any misunderstandings. If you make a mistake, apologize. If you ask a question, be prepared that you might get some answers you do not like. We aren't being mean; we're being honest.
8) We are not doctors (for the most part), nor are we experts. We give advice based on our limited knowledge and past experiences. If you're concerned about something, you probably should talk to your doctor or midwife as well.
Thanks and H&H 9 months!
KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
BMJ born 5.27.2014
MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
SMEJ born 6.5.2016
BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019