December 2015 Moms
Options

TEAM GREEN

13»

Re: TEAM GREEN

• Options
    I am team green and was with my first, but feel like it's difficult this time since I have so many u/s but we just had our anatomy scan (6th ultrasound) and still team green!! Anyone done skull theory tho just for fun??
  • Options
    I'm 22 weeks along & have an ultrasound on monday. hubby & i are probably finding out but aren't telling anyone .... since i also don't want a ton of pink or blue.
    Plus nursery is green & I'm having an 8 bit baby shower! our announcements, thank yous & invites have all been green too!
    Don't know if that truly counts as team green, and I'm sure we'll tell people eventually. My family has been asking what it is for 6 weeks already. One sister is actually MAD we're not telling her the moment we know.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Team green all the way. Who doesn't like surprises!
  • Options
    This is our 3rd (2nd was a loss at 16w4d 9 months ago) and we've always been Team Green! DH is so firmly Team Green....I think I'd like to know this time (I'm high risk and on bed rest) but having a delivery room surprise gives me something positive and exciting to focus on and look forward to in a high anxiety and worry filled pregnancy. We're both sooooo not into girly or boyish nurseries either so really, we don't need to know in order to pick out crib bedding or paint colours.
    Even DD doesn't care and she'll be 4 months shy of turning 5 when this little nugget arrives in December. We asked if she wanted a brother or sister and she said she's just excited to be a big sister!
  • Options
    This is our second and we will be team green again.  Nursery will be yellow this time and monkey's
  • Options
    Yep, we don't want to know. I was a bit offended by this Week 20's talk about buying boyish or girlish stuff now. I don't like all assigning of pink and blue to girls and boys and princess crap. If it turns out my child wants to be Princess Leia or Darth Vader, I will think that is pretty rad whether they are a boy or a girl and will encourage them finding themselves. And if they like the traditional hyper genderized stuff, I guess I will just have to suck it up.
  • Options
    We decided to be Team Green even before we got pregnant.  The idea of that final surprise in the delivery room and finally getting to meet our little one all at once is what keeps us from being too curious.  We have our anamoty scan this week friday - just keeping our fingers crossed we don't see anything and have a good tech to tells us when to look away!
  • Options
    We didn't find out with our 2 yo and aren't finding out with our twins! We have lots of different reasons for not finding out with our son. I really loved the idea of him having some gender-stereotype-free time. People are always trying to ascribe gendered notions to fetuses, it makes me bonkers! We also didn't want a ton of pink frilly princess stuff if it was a girl. We didn't have a nursery for him and wouldn't have done a theme anyhow. One coworker was totally shocked we weren't finding out. She was like "but how will you know what color to paint the nursery?!? Overall it was hardest on every one else! Haha.
    Now we initially chose not to find because we were in such shock from finding out it was twins and I didnt know how I would react to finding out it was two boys (3 teenage boys in the house?!? Stinky ;) or two girls (2 teenage girls at the same time?!?). So part of it was my gendered notions ;) Now at 23 wks we feel good about the decision. I'm buying gender neutral newborn/infant clothes and if I see some really cute girl clothes I'll get them (we yard sale and thrift shop so it's usually cheap). We can't wait to be surprised!
    The hardest part is names! My husband brought up that we might want to choose a different name if it's 2 of the same sex versus one of each. We have been having nightly name book reading sessions.
  • Options
    Were still staying strong with team green but now I'm battling some coworkers who think they know based off of our anatomy scan pictures. Anyone else dealing with that?

August '18 March Siggy Challenge - You had ONE JOB

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Were still staying strong with team green but now I'm battling some coworkers who think they know based off of our anatomy scan pictures. Anyone else dealing with that?
    Me!! Coworkers, and a particularly vociferous aunt and they all keep wanting to tell me because they "know." 

OR they badger me to find out because THEY want to know. Either way, I'm doing it wrong. *SMH*
    "Good for her! Not for me." - Amy Poehler

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    See and my peeps are t trying to tell me, they're just holding it over me like 'I know and you don't, neener neener' it's ridiculous.

August '18 March Siggy Challenge - You had ONE JOB

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    They didn't give me any crotch shots from my scan so no one can pretend to know. The only person who knows is Molly from ultrasound! They don't even tell the docs-they just write "normal genitalia" on the report. One of my friends was teasing me that she was going to hunt down Molly and find out! It was playful so I didn't mind.
  • Options
    We are team green -- our first baby! We have waited a long time for this baby and it just does not matter if the baby is a boy or girl.

In part, I didn't want to find out so that I could have a focus thought to look forward to during labor.

My husband wanted to find out originally and we talked about just him finding out, but ultimately he decided he didn't want to find out either. At least I think so since we both closed our eyes during the anatomy ultrasound!
  • Options
    We are team green as well!! First time parents and we knew before we ever got pregnant that we wanted the surprise! People are here seriously think we are nuts! My Doctor even said she hopes she remembers to tell us what it is when it comes out because she's so used to everyone knowing! My husband wants to catch though, so hopefully he will be the first to know! :) im "planning" on an all natural birth so it will definitely help get me through labor!
  • Options
    I'm team green as well, daddy chose to find out so it should be interesting to see him hold out the sex from me for the next 4 months!!
  • Options
    Officially Team Green! We didn't find out with our first two but my husband (and children) have wanted to know with every baby since then. It was nice to have a name picked out and be able to buy clothes I needed at garage sales, but I've had both a December girl and a December boy, so we should be set. Thankful my husband said it was ok with him if this one was a surprise!
  • Options

I have family guessing it's a girl based on pictures. It doesn't bother me. They have a 50/50 chance of being right. It will still be a surprise!
  • Options
    Team Green all the way! What's better than a Christmas surprise?! We are excited but several friends are frustrated that we aren't finding out - oh well! haha!
  • Options
    Team green all the way!!!
  • Options
    Team green! Everyone keeps asking is how we can do it but I think the surprise is worth the wait. December can't come soon enough though as I am getting more and more anxious everyday to meet this little blessing ☺️
  • Options
    Team Green for first time Mom&Dad! We can't wait to meet our sweet little one in December!! I had a dream early on that its a little girl squirming around and causing ruckus in there. I just can't wait to have my little angel in my arms!
  • Options
    I'll be leaving team green on Sunday.  We are having a reveal shower then.  To be honest, I'm nervous about finding out.  It's all becoming too real.
  • Options
    Well I wanted to know but at 20 weeks was told girl and at 28 weeks told boy so we're just shopping gender nuetral now :(
  • Options
    My husband thought he saw something in the ultrasound we needed at 28 weeks because of the placenta - and then the radiologist said in response to one of my questions about lifting heavy items/etc. "just don't hurt him" - so we still don't know for sure, but there's a leaning toward boy... we told the midwife what he said, and she said, the baby does have a lower range of normal heartbeat, so that would also lean toward boy... so i'll just hope for a girl even more to balance it out - we still don't know for sure!!! ; ) 
  • Options
    Proud to be team GREEN! This is our first and my DH is so excited to announce the gender in the waiting room. I'm so glad to give him his moment to shine since the majority of the pregnancy has been centered around me. We are so excited to meet and name Baby! :)
  • Options
    Team Green! This is our first and we want the surprise and we are excited for the baby to make their entrance into this world!
  • Options
    i think the ultrasound tech ruined our surprise! I didn't say anything to her because I didn't want to see a guilty look on her face. I'm still NOT 100% sure though. When I got to my car I was sobbing. UGH! And with less than 6 weeks to go. 
  • Options
    i think the ultrasound tech ruined our surprise! I didn't say anything to her because I didn't want to see a guilty look on her face. I'm still NOT 100% sure though. When I got to my car I was sobbing. UGH! And with less than 6 weeks to go. 
    Oh no!  Every time we have an ultrasound I remind the tech that we are team green because I am afraid of this happening!  
  • Options
    @RSB1982 YES!!! I tell them the same. EVERYTIME!!! I'm here at another appointment as I type this and I told the nurse (different lady than before) not to even talk to me.
  • Options
    Team Green here. Due Dec 9! Who has a linea negra and who doesn't? What'd your Chinese gender chart say? Done any other old wives tale tests. I've been calm and collected not knowing this whole pregnancy until now! Now, I'm dying to know!
  • Options
    Due Dec 16 but my Dr said since I've always gone early I'll never make that date. I've had a linea negra with all my kids, I have one of each so far. All old wives tales are fun. The Chinese gender chart says boy. More guesses of boy vs girl.... But in smaller pools it is half and half... So who knows.... Not too much longer but I'm getting super excited to know who this little one is!
  • Options
    I got to total confuse my OB. He'said been mine "temp" OB sine mine went on maternity leave half way through my pregnancy. But anyway, he came in at my last appointment and asked what I was having because he didn't remember. I looked at him and said I don't remember either. He got the weirdest look on his face, so I reminded him it was a surprise. I really think he thought I had forgotten. Sorry doc