December 2015 Moms

TEAM GREEN

Re: TEAM GREEN

• @rsb1982 I think that is a great idea! I saw a really cool map of places around the world and what they are known for on etsy. I think it lends an air of steampunk too, with the hot air balloons and airplanes. I bet it will look awesome.
  • We are team green too!!! We waited with DD such a great surprise!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm pregnant with my first and we are waiting to find out!! It's a family tradition!
  • tetchytetchy member
    4th ultrasound today and I made it a point to say, "I know I am not here for gender but, if for some reason it is completely obvious we don't want to know."  Dh said something off handed about how we probably couldn't tell this early anyway.  The tech said "You going to bet me?"

Gah, I could have known but held strong!  I have other upcomming ultrasounds and they're going to be hard :) 
  • tetchytetchy member
    edited June 2015
    I'm going to tell them every time.  I just want it to be clear.  With our other two kids we were eager to find out.  When they told us every time we thought- Whaaa? Where? Are you sure? Really, really sure?!! We weren't awesome with the first two so I don't worry about reading the screen myself this time.  I clearly suck at it.

And as a side note we were told Boy, then Girl, then Boy, then Girl with our son.   So he was an accidental surprise.  Even when they pulled him out I said "What is it??" and the Dr closest to me said "I don't know the leg is in the way." :/
  • We are team green. We only think we will have one child biologically (plan to adopt in the future) so would love the surprise.
  • Go Team Green! I was starting to think I was alone in wanting to wait!!
  • NydaPNydaP member
    I was team green with our first while hubby found out...and accidentally told me. Then we both found out with our second. Hubby wants to know again but I'm officially deciding we're team green.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • My husband and I are team green. My mother Inlaw on the other hand is not! She wants me to ask the doctor to send her a letter, with the sex!
  • Team green with baby #4! I have a 3 year old son and twin girls who turn 2 soon. I'm so excited for this one to be a surprise!
  • Team green here too. I found out with my third and wished I hadn't. I really felt that it took something away from the pregnancy. I found it very strange knowing it would be a boy and him already being named. Almost tempting fate.
  • I'm team green at the moment but only because I'm unable to find out the sex till August here in the uk unless we pay for a private scan in 3 weeks time, which I think I will do as I'm really curious to find out plus I wanna know if I should be buying pink or blue things as I'm not that keen on the unisex things I've seen also I think the unisex items look more boyish anyway, I was team green all the way with my 1st child (a girl) and I found out with my 2nd (a boy) and I have a feeling this ones also a boy but it's hard to tell as all my pregnancies have been so different
  • Having twins! It's so funny to watch people's expression when we say we're having twins. Then their head spins when we say we aren't finding out! They always say "what are you gonna do?!" Lol
  • This is our 4th baby; third pregnancy. Twins first then a single and we found out both times. So this time...going for the big surprise!.
  • Anatomy scan tomorrow. Totally Team Green, but I think it's going to be hard and tempting knowing I could know tomorrow! However, my sister was team green and she loved it and I loved the suspense. Trying to channel that joy of not only finding out she's had her, but that she was, in fact, a her! Fortunately, DH will ever there to help my resolve! Up until now, I haven't wanted to know, but having the scan is like taunting me!! Be strong, ladies! The temptation is great!
    "Good for her! Not for me." - Amy Poehler

Pregnancy Ticker

• FTM here and I have always planned on being team green. I love the idea of it and have always wanted that for myself (for various reasons). I'm not worried about giving in or anything because ever since I was a little girl I dreamt about finding out during delivery. I didn't really give SO a choice either haha I told him we weren't finding out and he just said ok, you're the boss!
  • Whew! Made it through. The US tech said she could tell, but we averted our eyes and she made sure to not note it anywhere. I feel much better now!

Pregnancy Ticker

• My fiance has a girl and a boy already that he knew ahead of time. So I thought this be a great surprise for him and myself a first time mom.
  • We left it as a surprise with our first and it was great but with us being due so close to Christmas thought it would be best to be more prepared but if we have any more will definitely leave it as a surprise again
  • my hubby really wants to be team green... i don't think i can do it though! i am the type of person who NEEDS to know things... i will search them out if i have to so i really don't think i can wait until delivery. I am at 13w and don't go for another ultrasound until the 14th of august... but i can choose the elective ultra sound before that.... still a lot of decisions to make i guess
  • This is baby number 3 for me and first for my husband, we are going to wait. For me i think it will be more exciting to find out at birth this time. But it is really hard waiting and not being able to plan especially as my sister in law just had a boy so wants to know if i will be needing all the boy clothes!
  • Whew! Made it through. The US tech said she could tell, but we averted our eyes and she made sure to not note it anywhere. I feel much better now!
    Congrat!! We will get a CD after our scan and I really hope that I will have the will power to not try looking to see if I can tell on my own!
  • We are team green. Really looking forward to our little christmas surprise! We just love the fun of guessing without knowing and want to keep doing that for as long as possible! Xx
  • I am a first time mommy, and SUPER type A. This will be very difficult for me... And my hubby wants to know. I always was a tom-boy and hate girly things. Plus I don't like sharks and Dino's..... Soooo we are team green! I like this so we will get things we can use again if the next baby is different sex, and I know people will buy us the girl/boy clothes when the time comes! I found really nice unisex nursery stuff with pottery barn! Love it! We are doing the alphabet and buttons as a theme! Absolutely love it!
  • I am Team Green. DH is not. We haven't decided how we are going to figure this out yet. I'm trying to entice him into a name and if he agrees, then he can find out the sex, but so far my blackmail hasn't worked.
  • I'm curious.... Part of the reason I'm Team Green is because I want the surprise, but there's also a pretty significant part that wants to avoid overly gendering this kid from the very beginning. Am I the only one?

Pregnancy Ticker

• We agreed not to find out the gender from the get go. But then at our 18 week scan my husband started to cave. Said he wanted the tech to just tell him. I said absolutely not! Then while I was using the bathroom before the scan I could hear him bargaining w the tech to give him a sign! I peeked by head out and said I can hear you! Of course the tech said she would respect my wishes. Just cracked me up!
  • edited July 2015
    This is our first child, due December 13th. I always thought it was cool to pick out two names and wait for the surprise. I also love driving everyone else nuts, and I hate pink. So this will all be a win win for both of us. Going with sage green, gray and white for the nursery with the whale theme.
  • I went in for an ultrasound a few weeks ago and the baby wouldn't cooperate so we couldn't find out the sex . We're going to try one more time at our next appointment. If the baby doesn't cooperate again DH and I decided to wait. It's in the baby's hands on this one!
  • Team green here! We didn't find out with our now 1 1/2 yr old son and it was so exciting! Baby is actually due January 1 but I'm thinking it will be a Christmas baby!
  • First time for us and one thing we definitely agreed on was waiting to find out - partly selfish because I'm not into lots of super girly or super boy focused gendered clothing etc. Also - read someone else saying that then people buy less clothes and get you more useful stuff! ; ) I really love the color green for both, so I'm knitting green sweaters and I think it's great to have a focus on healthy baby without preconceived ideas about what the child will be like based on biological sex. 

• Team green here and it's our first! Just thinking about the surprise gives me tears and goosebumps!
  • Going to try Team Green this time. We found out with our DS and DH wants to find out with this one, but I want it to be a surprise! Our appointment is the 31st. We are going to have the Dr. write it down so my husband can look in private if he chooses!! I think it will be fun not knowing!!