High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Gastroschisis ? Anyone else.

i had my son wyatt May 6th. He was 37weeks2 days gestation. They put everything in the silo for 5 days and then tried to close it on the 5th day but he didn't have enough skin so they put dressing over it. 2 days after it started getting a lot of fluid on it so they went back in and out 2 drains in his abdomen cavity and a wound vac on the hole. He had the wound vac until he was 5 weeks old. They started feeding him at 3 weeks old 10ml/ every 3 hours and went up by 10ml everyday until 80ml. Then I stopped producing enough breast milk so they started him on formula. He had 2 feedings and he threw up both times and they discovered a giant gas bubble in his intestines so they stopped his feedings for 4 days. They started at 10ml/ 3hours and we are now back up to 80ml/3 hours but he won't take any from the bottle so they are running it through a NG tube. They run 80ml over 90mins. And he gets fed at 8. 11. 2. 5. So basically if he gets fed at 8 he doesn't finish until 9:30 ( if they start it on time which is usually never ). So he usually throws up most of it right before he starts the new feeding. They changed his formula today to a partially digested one and he still isn't doing well on it. Anyone have suggestions? He has been in the hospital for almost 7 weeks we are ready for him to come home. Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to get him to bottle feed and a formula suggestion.

Re: Gastroschisis ? Anyone else.

• Options
    Trust your NICU doctors - they are well trained and deal with these babies much more frequently than internet moms. Focus on being there for your baby and spending as much time with LO as possible :)