February 2016 Moms
Options

2nd time mom, showing sooner?

Cheryl ReneeCheryl Renee member
edited June 2015 in February 2016 Moms
Ok, for all my 3rd time moms (or more), I'm pregnant with #2.  I'm 6weeks now and I feel like I already have a tiny bump.  Let me stop here to say, I weigh 110 lbs, I've very thin (naturally) and have always had a flat stomach, even after baby #1.  I feel like its way way way too early to have a bump, but my belly button has also slightly changed from being so sunken in.  I've heard that you show sooner with your 2nd kid, and so on.  Is it possible to be showing this early or is this just wishful thinking?
Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker 
  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2nd time mom, showing sooner?

• Options
    assynassyn member
    Regardless of if its bloat or gas or whatever it's still baby related. It's organs moving around, it's bloat and gas from being sick and/or pregnant and therefore imo it's a baby bump!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Keep in mind baby is incredibly small at this point. Not possible for bump to be baby. Just bloat.
  • Options
    It is baby related but I agree with the bloat.  I've been feeling it too big time.  I'm feeling better the past couple of days but last week was rough.  Overall though, yes i did show earlier the second time.  I definitely gave in to the maternity pants sooner, i mean why not...so much more comfortable.  :)
    My Baby Penguins
    DD1: 9/19/11
    DS: 1/1/14
    DD2: 1/31/16

• Options
    Regardless of what it is, I'm showing something and can't suck in anymore. I'm a STM and have an extremely short torso, so there is no where for my uterus, bloat etc. to go but out. I have two pairs of pants that fit (that are essentially jeggings) and I'm already out of non-maternity shorts.

Last time I was in maternity clothes by 12-14 weeks, this time, I'd bet I'll be in full maternity clothes by the end of the month (8 weeks).

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    MrsJG3MrsJG3 member
    I do think the bloat gets more intense the more kids you have. I am a 4th time mom and I am wearing maternity bottoms already. I mean I know it isn't the baby but I am not going to suffer in tight pants even for bloat/food baby.
    DD: 8  DD: 3.5  DS:18M
    Baby #4 Due: 2/4/2016
    Feb16 August Siggy Challenge
    Favorite TV Mom

• Options
    This is my second-time too and I definitely feel like I have something going on---it is probably bloat, but I don't remember it being like this last time around. I am still in my regular pants---and hope to stay there for at least a few more weeks, but I am more self conscious about the bump with some of my shirts so try to wear loser tops. Last time I started wearing maternity pants about 12-13 weeks. We will see what it is like this time---definately will get to the point where being comfortable is so much more worth it than my ego of wearing regular clothes. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    I'm a STM but third pregnancy and I don't have any bloat so far.
    Benjamin born on - 4/5/12
    BFP 12/31/14, EDD 9/08/14 ~ Natural M/C 2/21/14 at 11.5 weeks
    BFP 5/24/15 - EDD 2/4/16

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been feeling this way!
  • Options
    Yep! I knew something was up when my normally flat stomach was sticking out some. So that's when I tested. I have the bloat too. It sucks..I feel awful if I eat a little extra even.
  • Options
    I'm a STM and right there with you! I look like I'm 6 months pregnant when the evening rolls around. I think it's from the progesterone slowing down our digestion to get every last nutrient from our food. That and I've heard you show earlier and earlier after you've already had a child. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My abs have just given up already too and super sore, which doesn't help things.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    I'm 10 weeks 4 days, my tummy is definitely bigger this time around. In fact, my ligaments seem to be stretching quickly and painfully. Anyone experiencing obnoxious muscle stretching around this time?
  • Options
    Charmsie- I started getting the pains last night for stretching! I am a TTM ( 4th pregnancy though) so I definitely look way bigger way earlier and I was smaller pre pregnancy too. Scared to see how much I gain this time!
  • Options
    I'm a STM. 13.5 weeks pregnant. I definitely look bigger this time around. This pic was taken first thing in he morning before bloat set in.
  • Options
    Definitely showing more! I didn't show until 36 weeks with my daughter, 16 weeks with my second pregnancy, and I'm almost 11 weeks now and showing for a week :) No matter what it is, it's a baby bump and it's exciting for sure!
    imageimageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Definitely showing more! This is my 4th, and each one has popped out quicker! My uterus is definitely a professional! This little baby popped out a 7 weeks, as opposed to 25 weeks with my 1st!!!
    Happily Married to Tim {10-11-2003}
    Isabella {09-02-05} & Savannah {03-02-07} & Bradley {02-06-10}

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Yep, definitely showing sooner with this one! My boobs & hips have grown MUCH faster this time around, too!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Showing was actually my first give away that I was pregnant. I put on a dress and looked in the mirror and was like....I look pregnant! 2 days later I tried running on my treadmill ad I do everyday and my Boobs hurt so bad .... I knew then and there I was pregnant. With my last pregnancy, twins and my first pregnancy, I didn't start showing until about 11 weeks and it was subtle. Only I could tell. But I've been the same size this pregnancy at 7 weeks as I was at 16 weeks with twins.