Natural Birth

Looking for a Birthing Center in Northern Illinois

Hi Ladies! I'm looking for a birthing center in Northern Illinois & possibly southeast Wisconsin. I'll be a FTM and would love to make the birth of my baby as natural as possible and outside of a hospital setting.  

Any suggestions?????

Thanks in advance!  
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Looking for a Birthing Center in Northern Illinois

• commenting because I'd love to hear the answer to this too! I'm in Northern IL as well and haven't had much luck in researching birthing centers. We're still just TTC/have babies on the brain, but I'm someone who likes to do a ton of research and my previous OB-GYN is about a 2 hour drive from where we live now so I'd like to know what options are closer! 

And I apologize that this comment isn't very helpful, but good luck in your search! I'd be really interested to hear where you end up choosing since it seems like it can be somewhat difficult to find natural birth friendly resources in this area... :(
  • Milwaukee has a freestanding birth center
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • nosoup4unosoup4u member
    edited June 2015
    I think there aren't any. There are a few MW groups in Oak Park who are independent of hosptials, but IL doesn't have laws that support freestanding birth centers.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• There is only one freestanding birth center that just opened up very recently in the past few months.  It's the first freestanding birth center in Illinois.  It's at the intersection of several communities, Chicago, Berwyn, Cicero and Oak Park.  Their phone number is 708-317-3035  Here is the website - PCC Birth Center

<Pregnancy Ticker>
  • Thank you for the info!!!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • You're going to have more luck in Wisconsin because the laws aren't as strict, but if laboring with a CNM is important to you be careful. Otherwise, the Oak Park midwives would be a great option if that's not too far for you. I live in Chicago proper and I'm having my baby with the midwives at Northwestern which I'm pretty excited about. :)