Multiples
Options

NICU nurse gift

Hi everyone! Those of you who had your twins in the NICU, what sort of gift did you give to their primary nurses (other than baked goods or fruit baskets)? We have become pretty close to one of the two primary nurses and would like to do something special to show our appreciation! ..although nothing will really show just how grateful we are!

Re: NICU nurse gift

• Options
    we just brought an assortment of cheryls cookies the day dd was discharged
    TTC since 9-5-09 BFP #1 7-19-10 missed m/c 9-3-10 BFP #2 1-12-11 stick baby! BFP #3 9-13-14. First u/s 10-10-14 TWINS!! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    honigbienehonigbiene member
    edited July 2015
    I used to work in a NICU for about 6 yrs.  Honestly, working in this area can be very emotionally difficult because the large number of patients we lose compared to most other areas of the hospital.  However, the one thing that keeps these nurses going is being able to see the proof of babies who they HAVE been able to help, and who are now at home or going home strong and healthy.  Their favorite thing is to have pictures of smiling, chubby cheeked babies who were once skin and bones premies struggling to live. 
    Also, don't forget the power of words.  Take them aside and share the words straight from your heart.  Let them know that you feel your baby wouldn't have done so well without their amazing commitment, or how much of a comfort it was to you to go home with empty arms every night, knowing that their "second mommy" was doting on them with as much love as you would be. 
    I'm serious, the knowledge that they are making a difference and helping babies is what gets them through their jobs through almost constant heartbreak.  It would mean a lot more to me to get a picture of a healthy baby and a heartfelt letter, than something of much more "material" value.
    Mel
    Starting first cycle of Clomid/Trigger/IUI with Donor Sperm in mid July!