Baby Names

narrowing down names

Ok ladies we've pretty much narrowed down names for our boy but still stuck: Emerson - my husband picked it and I love it but now he's having second thoughts. Grrrr Isaac - this is the boy name I picked last time I was pregnant but we had a girl. Husband is mulling it over still Rhys - husband's pick. I like it but I think people are going to drive me insane with this spelling. Husband does not want Reece. Weston - I think we just nixed this one today. We have the middle name picked. Any other ideas based on our very short list?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: narrowing down names

• I love Isaac nn Ike.
  • Loading the player...
  • Well Rhys is traditional so I can't see a problem with the spelling. I wouldn't do it Reese/Reece.

Issac- really like

Emerson- great

Weston is very trendy so glad that's off the table.

Based on those

Graham
    Elliott
    Calvin
    Owen
    Nolan
    Alexander
    Dominic
    Everett
    Garrett
    Warren

• Love Rhys.  I don't think people will have a problem with the spelling.
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• I like Isaac best. One of our top contenders too. I like Rhys, but agree about the spelling. Not really a fan of Weston, and I wouldn't use Emerson for a boy. I think it's just too common for girls these days.
  • Like all but Weston. Isaac, Rhys and Emerson are all pretty close to me.
  • Isaac or Rhys! 

Ditch Emerson and Weston!
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Sassenach1743Sassenach1743 member
    edited June 2015
    saham07 said:
    I love Isaac nn Ike.
    I cannot understand why you would use a nickname with the name Isaac? Isn't Isaac short enough on its own? And why Ike? Way to ruin the unique tone of Isaac with such a harsh sound, that really isn't necessary at all. This does not make sense to me! 
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • brita722 said:
    saham07 said:
    I love Isaac nn Ike.
    I cannot understand why you would use a nickname with the name Isaac? Isn't Isaac short enough on its own? And why Ike? Way to ruin the unique tone of Isaac with such a harsh sound, that really isn't necessary at all. This does not make sense to me! 

I love it! Friends of ours have a son Ike FN Isaac. This makes sense to me.....but if it doesn't make sense to you, then don't pick it. It is just not your thing.....no big deal.
  • kwaldykwaldy member
    brita722 said:

Isaac or Rhys! 

Ditch Emerson and Weston!
    My thoughts to the T. Not a fan of emerson or weston.
  • saham07 said:

I love Isaac nn Ike.

I like izzy for Isaac if I were to cutesy it up.
  • Ya'll are making me like Rhys more. plus my husband will be totally happy I picked his top choice ha
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    Emerson - Emmett
    Isaac - Ian, Ivan or
    Rhys - Reid

I really like Rhys. I think it's popular enough that people will know how to spell it
  • I'm in love with Rhys right now! My husband is the opposite and likes Reese... We never agree on anything lol!!!
  • LNic5LNic5 member
    Isaac or Rhys are great. Emerson is just ok to me. Not a fan of Weston

Evan
    Graham
    Reid
    Cameron
    Colin
    Micah
    Seth
    Luca