Baby Names

Middle Name for Polly

groovylocksgroovylocks member
edited June 2015 in Baby Names
So we've decided that at present, we're most keen on Polly for our kid if she turns out to be a girl. It's the name of a relation and we feel it has some personal importance to us. We realize it's actually a diminutive of Mary but we're not doing that. Her proper first name would be Polly. The one issue with this name is that it's a bitch to pair with anything. We've come up with a few _ok_ middle names.. but are very open to suggestions. Our last name is one syllable, two letters.

EDIT: It seems i can't edit the post but i missed a name in the poll - Polly Meredith

Middle Name for Polly 67 votes

Polly Clara
25% 17 votes
Polly Rose
61% 41 votes
Polly Annah (I'm very skeptical about this but Annah was my childhood best friend's name - also considering Polly Anne)
10% 7 votes
Polly Heather
2% 2 votes

Re: Middle Name for Polly

• I like Polly Meredith best. Other suggestions: Polly Jane, Polly Renee, Polly Elenor, Polly Genevieve
  • Loading the player...
  • I really like the pp suggestion of Polly Renee.

Polly is so feminine and Renee has a such a strong sound i think they work really well together!

Polly Catherine
    Polly Amelia
    Polly Jemima
    Polly Meredith
    Polly Alexandra
    Polly Martha

I voted Clara but I find all of them overly girly for such a feminine first name, I think a stronger middle name would work better.
  • brita722 said:

I also like Polly Meredith, but Polly Jane is nice too.

I wouldn't do Polly Annah.... it's too close to Pollyanna (like the Disney movie). I'm also not fond of the spelling Annah, just looks wrong.

I loooove Polly Jane! Plus PJ as a family NN is cute. Just no Rose. Rose is the new filler. Yuck.
  • I also like Polly Meredith, and the suggestion of Polly Renee. I agree that Polly sounds best with a non frilly middle name.

Other suggestions:

Polly Elizabeth
    Polly Katherine
    Polly June
    Polly Marie
    Polly Frances
    Polly Josephine
    Polly Simone

• LizWhiz87LizWhiz87 member
    edited June 2015
    Polly Louise
    Polly Noelle
    Polly Claire
    Polly Jean
    Polly Blythe
    Polly Diane
    Polly Josephine
    Polly Frances
    Polly Margaret
    Polly Justine

• Of your options, I like Polly Meredith best. Also like pp's suggestion of Polly Frances

BFP #1: Nov. '12 - Bunny born in July '13
    BFP #2: July '15 - Goodbye, Kitty

Benched.

• brita722 said:
    I also like Polly Meredith, but Polly Jane is nice too. I wouldn't do Polly Annah.... it's too close to Pollyanna (like the Disney movie). I'm also not fond of the spelling Annah, just looks wrong.
    If I used the name Annah for anything, it would be spelled that way because I'd be naming her after a close friend. Who spells it Annah. You're right, it's not my preferred way either. 
  • I like Frances a lot. Marie is one of my favourite names but unfortunately it doesn't work with our last name.
  • I voted Polly Rose, I think it flows nicely. I also like PP suggestion of Polly Frances
  • I like Polly Meredith. Also, Polly is a diminutive of Pauline as well (never heard it in relation to Mary), so *if* you felt like you wanted an option, you could do Pauline NN Polly. And just no to Annah.
  • I like Polly Meredith.
  • I agree Pauline or Paulina would be a good choice with nn Polly.
    But of your options, I like Polly Meredith the best.
  • magsugar13magsugar13 member
    edited June 2015
    Polly is just bad

I cant imagine being 50 and being called polly
  • I like Polly Anne.
  • Polly Amanda
    Polly Amelia
    Polly Charlotte
    Polly Elisabeth
    Polly Georgette
    Polly Grace
    Polly Joy
    Polly June
    Polly Madeleine
    Polly Mae
    Polly Maryanne
    Polly Morgan
    Polly Nicole
    Polly Olivia
    Polly Sue
    Polly Veronica
    Polly Violet

• Polly is just bad

The only polly i know is an older lady and it suits her quite well so I'm not too worried about that. In terms of how it ages, I feel it's probably most incongruent with teenagers. It'll be awkward for her in her teen years which is why we want a good middle name so she has some options. 
  • 4N6s4N6s member

Pocket?

Hahaha. Polly is terrible.
    Holly? Molly?
  • Polly is just bad

. I'll let my mother know you disapprove of her name (50+ year old woman going by Polly and all).