Baby Names
Options

boy name help

I'm looking for help with a boy name I want something different but not too unique. ..

Re: boy name help

• Options
    Can you give more specifics? What kind of names do you like so far?
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Options
    tinaaytinaay member
    That's just it I'm stumped I haven't found boy names we like at all. We had Hayden picked out years ago and then my brother in law named their son Aiden so we got rid of that we had Gavin but now I watch a boy by that name, we do like Jackson but I know it is super popular right now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    tinaaytinaay member
    Our last name is the same as many Amish and Mennonite though we aren't either one. Too many of the older original names sound Amish when paired with our last name
  • Options
    Why not check out the social security name list.  Search above 250 500 or even beyond the top 1000.  You will find a lot of underused names.  Check names/spelling with behindthename.com for legitness.  You can also try nymbler.com you can put in names like the ones you listed and it will give suggestions.  However the three you listed are quite trendy so it might not actually give you very "unique" names.  

• Options
    Here's some suggestions:
    Simon
    Zachary
    Seymour
    Owen
    Atlas
    Thaddeus
    Kellan
    Truman
    Samson
    Samuel
    Milo
    Arlo
    Vaughn
    Flynn
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Options
    Quentin
    Ferdinand
    Amos
    Declan
    Barrett
    Hugo
    Chadwick
    Elias
    Geoffrey
    Holden
    Jeremiah
    Milton
    Percy
    Xavier

• Options
    Boy names are tough. Our older boys are Liam & Greyson, but now we are having another boy and are completely stumped. Our last name ends in -er, and we don't want anything that sounds like one of the other boys. 

Some names on our list are:
    Kai
    Rhodes
    Remy
    Kole/Cole
    Rhys
    Ellias
    Miles
    Zane
    Jonah
    Henry
  • Options
    LNic5LNic5 member
    Rowan
    Cameron
    Gabriel
    Blake
    Chase
    Cole
    Asher
    Bryce
    Declan
    Wesley
    Everett
    Seth
    Miles
    Carson
    Griffin
    Lane
    Reid
    Finn
    Holden
    Dawson
    Rhys
    Julian
    Luca
    Colin
    Micah
    Graham
    Bennett
  • Options
    @laurenbeyer, just curious why you altered the spelling of the name Elias? Two L's are not necessary. Ellias is not a proper variant spelling, rather, it just looks misspelled. 
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    Silas. Julian. Linus. Clark. Timothy. Garrett. Quinn. Xavier.
  • Options
    @brita722 Ellis is another name on our list, so we just kept the double l's and added an a. 
  • Options
    @brita722 Ellis is another name on our list, so we just kept the double l's and added an a. 
    i would suggest using the correct spelling
  • Options
    @laurenbeyer - Hubby passed Elias by me the other night and I wasn't liking it a lot. BUT I love how you added the extra L. It may sway me over :)
  • Options
    tinaaytinaay member
    I like Kai and Keegan is another name I have come across and kind of like.