December 2015 Moms
Options

Food guilt

Had 2 hot dogs for dinner and I feel the guilt building up....... I always told myself no processed meats & lunch meats but they looked SO good! .. BUT I had brussel sprouts & cucumbers so that's something right? :-<

Re: Food guilt

• Options
    Cjaff70Cjaff70 member
    I'm sure people have eaten much more and more frequently. I feel strongly the baby will tell u what's ok to eat
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've splurged a lot more than normal but I'm getting back to my healthy diet this week!
  • Options
    Haha love this post! Hot dogs sound SO good!
  • Options
    313Meg313Meg member
    Lihnlee said:

I ordered a cookie cake from the cookie company and will not let anyone else touch it. I've had it for dinner, breakfast, lunch and snack so far last night and today. But I had my daily vitamins and fruit so that counts... Right?

I think it's perfectly ok that you had hotdogs. Now I really want one!

That's the best idea!
  • Options
    i'm for sure going to get a cheese coney one of these days! (i'm in ohio so we like to put cinnamon-y chili on a hotdog and cover it with shredded cheese and consider it an acceptable meal)
  • Options
    I'm a nutrition and exercise science major and I've eaten deli meats a few times (mostly nitrate free but some of it not) and hotdogs from Sonic twice. I have zero guilt. Moderation is key, and I'm not talking about weekly or even monthly but a few times throughout your whole pregnancy won't hurt you or your babe :)

• Options
    @mlssa903 I would kill for some Gold Star or skyline! Originally from Ohio but live in Florida now. Heading to Cincinnati in a week and that's the one thing I'm looking forward too!
  • Options
    Hey we can't be perfect all the time, at least you're trying! I had a sausage from a movie theater at 7 weeks and felt horrible, but a slip up every once in a while is what makes us human. Usually I just think about all of the women who had healthy happy babies before all of these "rules" existed, aka OUR ancestors!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've had hot dogs a few times. Just make sure they are really hot and your all good! :)
  • Options
    Thanks guys, now I want chili cheese fries from Goldstar, LOL!!!
  • Options
    I can top that! I had chili cheese dogs on bagels tonight! Talk about bad bad bad!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Last night I had a sonic burger and chili cheese tots. I'm on a total chili cheese kick right now. I will probably have chili cheese baked potato later this week! Mmmmmmmmm

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    *Fart* Too much chili, sorry :\">